Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436964 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: Next time, No prisoners.
« Reply #2955 on: December 18, 2013, 05:53:40 am »

((though I am officially the negative-PR liason, I suppose I could help with my amps. somehow. maybe. unless the orders in the briefcase say otherwise. In any case, muh stats))

Spoiler: staats (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 18, 2013, 07:55:57 am »

((Unholy_Pariah, I still need a decision on Gungnir from you. Either Anton pays three token and you only keep the laser rifle, or you pay him five for the Tesla Saber (the conversion kit was three token, but hell with it), and keep the gun.))

((edit: Also, repeating the in-character request for a loaner Mk3 or some tokens to buy one (or a rocketbike). Anton would be the only member of the team incapable of either flight or any form of rapid transit, rollerblades and an electric dragster wheelchair notwithstanding.))
((Shit sorry, i got a bit distracted.
lets go with 2 tokens to Auron and Anton can have the whole weapon back ready to go, Auron was only ever meant to test it while Anton got the money together to pay him back.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 18, 2013, 08:17:41 am »

((Unholy_Pariah, I still need a decision on Gungnir from you. Either Anton pays three token and you only keep the laser rifle, or you pay him five for the Tesla Saber (the conversion kit was three token, but hell with it), and keep the gun.))

((edit: Also, repeating the in-character request for a loaner Mk3 or some tokens to buy one (or a rocketbike). Anton would be the only member of the team incapable of either flight or any form of rapid transit, rollerblades and an electric dragster wheelchair notwithstanding.))
lets go with 2 tokens to Auron and Anton can have the whole weapon back ready to go, Auron was only ever meant to test it while Anton got the money together to pay him back.))
((Alright then.))

Pay Auron 2 token for his laser rifle, and take the Gungnir prototype back. Be mildly disappointed at near total lack of remaining funds. Pick a repair kit, a rad suit, and my share of the various gear out of what was provided.

Back up the standard mapping drone OS in case I need it again, and update all drones I have with the custom OS.

Get ready to leave.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:20:45 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 18, 2013, 08:28:41 am »

get 2 tokens from anton and hand him gungnir, equip heavy pulse laser to hard point and be saddened by loss if lightning bolts.

Ninja the shiny new briefcase once someone removes the orders.

((Ill gladly help you get your mobility suit up and running, if we head into the scrapyard ill help you salvage and repair any surviving motors then help you fabricate that turbofan mk3 you drew.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 18, 2013, 09:12:26 am »

Ninja the shiny new briefcase once someone removes the orders.[/b]
((I won't post an action against this, because metagaming. But Pan won't like you grabbing his briefcase. ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: December 18, 2013, 09:17:05 am »

((Just give Auron a stern look, say "mine" and snatch it back. :P))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: December 18, 2013, 10:16:35 am »

((I won't post an action against this, because metagaming. But Pan won't like you grabbing his briefcase. ))
((You could edit your post with the phrase "If Auron grabs the briefcase..." and write a response.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 18, 2013, 11:14:56 am »

((You could edit your post with the phrase "If Auron grabs the briefcase..." and write a response.))
((Wouldn't that technically be using OOC knowledge though?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: December 18, 2013, 11:16:14 am »

((Not reeeeally? It's a condition.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: December 18, 2013, 11:37:56 am »

((Nope. Your IC self could see Auron taking the briefcase, why couldn't he react to it?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: December 18, 2013, 11:46:28 am »

((It's in the space idiots file if you think I'm making it up. And I don't get a penalty, I think, but I do have to spend a turn trying to remember the anatomy of a human being (that's the int roll) before I give it a shot with a normal melee attack roll to try and hit my target. I used it on Miyamoto once I think, I'm not sure who it was exactly, but I definitely used it to basically render someone's arm useless in one hit when there was fighting between the players. That broke up the fight pretty quick. :P))

((Nope, wasn't on him. Don't know who it was, but the only inmate fighting Miya has been involved in was to break up some other people.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2966 on: December 18, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »

Continue following Simus around and obeying her every command.
Just wait till she brings out the whip!

Follow Simus, check the briefcase for what's in it and what my orders are.

Should anyone, oh I don't know, try and grab the suitcase, say the following to them

"If you do not leave me and this suitcase be, I will be forced to take it back. Violently and with space magic, if I must.

Inside the briefcase is a packet of papers as well as a bottle of pills and two different kinds of handgun. The papers explain that you should ask any survivors the team finds if they saw what  went on with the whole grate incident. If they say yes, then tell them to take one of the enclosed pills.

If they refuse, shoot them with the dart gun provided. It contains the same drug.

If the first two options don't work or they become violent and try to hurt you, shoot them with the other gun and we'll worry about the memories when we're reviving them.

rummage through the box of goodies, snag a sensor device and some repair tools as well as the sturdiest looking climbing gear.
((Aka that spool of towing cable randomly lying around the hangar and a thick metal spike.))
You go all magpie and start gathering shit out of the supply box before simus can tell you not to or anyone can try to divide it up evenly.

Check out the gear that we have been given. Grab a full toolkit and some connector cables for my datapad. Ask Steve where we're going first.

You grab some gear.

>First place you're going is over to where the gangway used to lead to. That big old crater in the side of the building. I want you to see if the structure seems stable on that side.

get 2 tokens from anton and hand him gungnir, equip heavy pulse laser to hard point and be saddened by loss if lightning bolts.

Ninja the shiny new briefcase once someone removes the orders.

((Ill gladly help you get your mobility suit up and running, if we head into the scrapyard ill help you salvage and repair any surviving motors then help you fabricate that turbofan mk3 you drew.))

((Alright then.))

Pay Auron 2 token for his laser rifle, and take the Gungnir prototype back. Be mildly disappointed at near total lack of remaining funds. Pick a repair kit, a rad suit, and my share of the various gear out of what was provided.

Back up the standard mapping drone OS in case I need it again, and update all drones I have with the custom OS.

Get ready to leave.

Money and tech trades hands but Auron's attempt to steal Pancaek's briefcase ends rather abruptly when pancaek gives him a look that says "Your exosuit won't protect you from what I can do."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: December 18, 2013, 03:57:26 pm »

back away slowly then hit him over the head with my shield when he stops looking and run away with the briefcase.
Politely ask for a pill and pocket it for later use/study/consumption/science.

Follow team to the destroyed gangway, attempt to use sensor device to assrss structural integrity.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: December 18, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

Rad suits on, everyone. We're going to the shipyard pit that Teal dropkicked a nuke into first. Get your climbing harnesses on over it - I don't care if you already have rockets - and take note, we're not taking them off at all during this mission, even once we're done with the pit. It's not the only radiation hazard this place has to offer.

Flint, Auron, you're exempt from the climbing harness order - you've got Gilgamesh and an industrial exosuit, respectively, you'll have to rely on their jump jets. You'll still be wearing the rad suit inside it, though. Flint, you'll also be carrying our climbing gear until we need it, and be our primary way through debris with that mining laser. Auron, you'll carry spare tools and equipment.

Everyone, you know what you're better with. Take tools or diagnostics, whichever you're more comfortable with.

Pancaek... you already have your orders. if you think you can help out, either on hardware or software tech, then get diagnostics or tools, whichever. And Auron, don't try and take anything like that again. We don't need intra-team conflict, especially not with Pancaek's job.

Rad suit on over the Phase Armor, and climbing harness on over that. Take my share of the tools and scanners, and head out to the Shipyard Pit, stopping for any survey work along the way.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:22:45 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »

Put on the rad suit and then a climbing harness on the top. Go ahead and grab my share of scanners too, and then follow Simus to the crater, examining the structure along the way (make sure no one actually tries to kick or bash the possibly unstable building as a way of testing it if it's stable).
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 243