Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437112 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3120 on: January 06, 2014, 11:36:23 pm »

((What do you think the chances of mass-producing organics like Xan or...Mesk is the guy who regenerates, right? on a large scale?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 07, 2014, 12:19:24 am »

((Just because I don't think they would see it coming, what if you modified some of the sods to be like Cog, the human spaceship mutant. Leave some alot of them up there, give'em some nasty weapons and watch the UWM go WTF. Just a thought))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 07, 2014, 12:24:54 am »

((Just because I don't think they would see it coming, what if you modified some of the sods to be like Cog, the human spaceship mutant. Leave some alot of them up there, give'em some nasty weapons and watch the UWM go WTF. Just a thought))

((Easier to just make mines (and I'm not referring to mines like you would think. I mean what are essentially long-term missile buses with scanners on them that you could put in orbit and let them be. If a ship approaches, it launches the warheads at it).

And the only reason I didn't suggest stuff like that is because we're going to try and capture as many ships as possible, so simply wrecking them is counterproductive.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 07, 2014, 01:00:02 am »

((Well yeah thats easier. And smarter. But we're the HMRC ARM, so wanton destruction is expected. Although enough of that might happen on the ground anyways.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: January 07, 2014, 01:31:24 am »

((What if we used biological missiles targetted at their environmental systems?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: January 07, 2014, 01:56:34 am »

((Or just launch clones of me at them.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: January 07, 2014, 02:43:53 am »

((What if we used biological missiles targetted at their environmental systems?))

((The only ones we would be able to affect without severely damaging the ships would be the radiators, and that's if the UWM ships were fool enough to expose them. The final result of which would perhaps sound rather like this, if there were an atmosphere to conduct the sound. If we used something that could actually destroy the radiators, we than have the issue of the ship's power plant and/or drive melting down.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: January 07, 2014, 03:20:43 am »

((I was thinking more along the lines of living organisms, think necromorphs that spread their shit via airborne spores.
You get them in the ship and they go straight for the ventilation systems and half the ships infested before they can do anything to stop it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:46 am »

((*points to self* Ahem.))
Sig! Onol

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: January 07, 2014, 04:11:57 am »

((I was thinking more along the lines of living organisms, think necromorphs that spread their shit via airborne spores.
You get them in the ship and they go straight for the ventilation systems and half the ships infested before they can do anything to stop it.))

((And that would be more effective than a boarding party how, other than the fact that it would be uncontrolled and indiscriminate for when we do try to take the ship over? We're trying to get usable resources here, not infested hulks that we can't clean out without pulling a ship of Theseus and melting down all of the infested parts.

((*points to self* Ahem.))

I am considering Xan to be a unique entity for this. We're not going to launch clones of you at them, though we might launch you at them, along with other members of a boarding party.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: January 07, 2014, 04:15:42 am »

((All right then. Just thought I should mention it since PW said that the Xanling I created could've lead to a 'THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS, MAN' scenario, so why not use that offesnively?))
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: January 07, 2014, 04:38:06 am »

(( Because we don't want to turn a UWM ship into an Altered ship, we want to turn it into an ARM ship. That, and I don't want to have to decontaminate every ship we throw pieces of you at. So much work... ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: January 07, 2014, 04:39:42 am »

((It'd need a will decomp on my part to work correctly so I could give an appropriate 'sacrifice yourselves to me when done killing everyone on the ship' switch thing.))
Sig! Onol

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: January 07, 2014, 04:57:31 am »

((I am suddenly reminded of Homeworld: Cataclysm. God forbid any of the Xanling boarding pods miss their target and drift off into space...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: January 07, 2014, 04:59:30 am »

((And Halo Legends where the Flood was eating Forerunner ships.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 243