Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436910 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3180 on: January 09, 2014, 10:45:54 am »

((So it is. I always just type the tags, so I don't really notice...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:17 am »

((Ive actually taken to doing that because of how often my phone misclicks it.))

((Anyways, If anyone else feels like helping me make a giant robot these are the parts i need and/or desire.))

Spoiler: Shopping list (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3182 on: January 09, 2014, 12:37:45 pm »

Steve, is distance from this area going to be an issue, or are we free to relocate anywhere on the planet?

((Pan, I said to everyone that if Auron doesn't need you, you're free to go.))

>Relocation is fine, though Someone should check out that thing out, regardless. Depending on how it reacts to things, building in there might not be a bad idea. It would certainly give the arriving forces a hard time finding the base; we could even leave the old base standing as a decoy.

Aid with salvage as needed.

((Eh, I mostly wanted drones so that Flint could do the following classic action/horror movie/video game tropes:
1) Moving through corridors when suddenly we come across someone. Before we can do anything, a drone suddenly comes through a vent, lands on his chest, kills the man with plenty of Gore and then disappears before anyone has a chance to see what happened, maybe dragging part of the body with it.
Appropriate quotes: "What the hell was that thing?!" "They're in the vents!" "They're coming through the walls!"
2) Suddenly, a lone ARM trooper is ambushed by a few UWM soldiers.
"Freeze! Stop right there!"
"Okay, I'm stopping."
"I'm going to take you to be interrogated and we're going to learn all your secrets."
"All on your own? I don't think you have enough men you misguided UWM soldier drone."
"What did you just say?"
"I SAID: UWM SOLDIERS, DRONE!"
Drones jump in and kill the soldiers.
"These drones need better mics."))
We're basically waiting on mesk or someone else to fly the other shuttle.

head for one of the smaller ships marked as salvage and begin dismantling it for parts.
Also grab any and all parts found lying around that look useful.
Ask the following.

"Hey Steve i know your busy trying to fix everything and all that so ill try to be quick, you're in complete control of all Haphaestus' systems right?
Could you maybe send a few repair droids to help me dismantle these ships?
Pretty please, with a giant robot on top?"

((Ive actually taken to doing that because of how often my phone misclicks it.))

((Anyways, If anyone else feels like helping me make a giant robot these are the parts i need and/or desire.))

You, and the skittering spider bots with cutting lasers for heads that steve sends, Slice apart one of the ships marked to be salvaged. Of your list of parts you find:

1 Shuttle Reactor (Damaged)
2 Landing "feet"
Some Hull plating, structural pieces and cables.
A few small electric motors
Some chrome plated shiny stuff

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 09, 2014, 03:35:00 pm »

if no other pilot appears: pilot the other shuttle and have the repair bots repair my shuttle reactor.

Otherwise: have one repair bot work on the shuttle reactor and dismantle the next small ship with the rest.
try to find a scouting or recon vessel as those would provide the best chance of finding good sensor arrays and quantum entanglement communicators.

Spoiler: current salvage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:23:46 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 09, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »

Reposting:
Quote from: Grate -> Salvage Team
Do you guys need any help?
Message everyone here and wait for responses.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: January 09, 2014, 03:59:07 pm »

Reposting:
Quote from: Auron to Grate
I could use some help gathering salvage, if you could get Steve to send you some repair drones and begin dismantling ships with me id really appreciate it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 09, 2014, 04:05:21 pm »

Reposting:
Quote from: Auron to Grate
I could use some help gathering salvage, if you could get Steve to send you some repair drones and begin dismantling ships with me id really appreciate it.
Quote from: Great -> Auron
I'll do that if no one else has suggestions.
Sincerely,
Grate

Go to help Mr. Auron with gathering salvage.
Note to self: Remember to remove this action if something else comes up.
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 09, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

Simus, while still on the flyby, sees the beginning of the end for a ship that got pulled from the wreckage too damaged to keep.

Quote from: Simus>Anton
Do ensure everything in there gets properly decontaminated before doing any more than tearing up the useless hulks. While it won't bother you and the rest of the rad-suited people, it'll bother everyone else if we let anything stay contaminated.

Also, make sure the salvage from those things goes to constructive usage, and nothing's pilfered. We want to try and get as many ships operational as we can, and we can't really do that if anyone makes off with usable salvage. Any scrap, even the stuff that's nothing but and couldn't be used for repairs, after we've done what we can with it is to be left in the yard for recycling into the factories, not taken for personal gain.

I would keep an eye on Auron, especially. He's already taken contaminated materials to the ship, and probably left them aboard the ship, in the form of that exosuit the survivor was wearing. Might want to send someone to get that, actually.

Steve, are there any other aboveground facilities you can take me to? I'd like to get an idea of where the exposed areas are, if there are any. And the aurora might be fine, but I'd like to hear from a team who's seen what's up with it first.

Keep flying, wherever Steve takes me to see.

((I'm assuming Simus would've been able to see who was going to and from the Sword, and who went in and out of the pit, having been buzzing all around the admin building at the time, which would provide good vision of such things.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:46:39 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:38 pm »

((Wow, I was really out of it last night... Gotta go to sleep earlier...))

Go check to see what Simus needs a hand with after checking why the VR isn't working with Steve, and what we can do to get it running again. If she doesn't need a hand, then help fly the other shuttle.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 10, 2014, 03:52:57 am »

Help whoever ends up being the other pilot (I think it's Auron right now) get familiar with the shuttle controls. Assuming that Mesk doesn't wake up and take the wheel.

Head out to the lift site, make sure not to get the lift cable caught on anything on the way

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 10, 2014, 07:03:35 am »

Reposting:
((You could always come help with the anomaly exploration team. We could use a hand really.))

((@ pariah: you're gonna need a strong frame to support that thing you wanna build it like that. And if you want feet instead of wheels, you'll need high-grade joints to move it. And it's probably not gonna be very mobile, so it'll have to be an artillery support unit. Or a spider tank, if it's decently armored.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 10, 2014, 07:52:38 am »

((@ pariah: you're gonna need a strong frame to support that thing you wanna build it like that. And if you want feet instead of wheels, you'll need high-grade joints to move it. And it's probably not gonna be very mobile, so it'll have to be an artillery support unit. Or a spider tank, if it's decently armored.))
((Thats why im grabbing the structural supports, im gonna weld them together to form a heavy duty chassis.
As for the feet, i plan to use the landing gear from a small cargo transport or similar, ones designed to support great weight.
As for not being very mobile, that all depends on how well i can put it together.

Im kinda curious to see how my mini-jaeger turns out, although i will probably spiderbot it if its too slow.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 10, 2014, 09:22:17 am »

((Also, I appear to have missed a turn.))

"Nice ship. Sturdy, heavy-duty construction. Probably used to push really big stuff around in orbit.

Heh, with a little modification...
"

Anton's wristpad beeps.

Quote from: Simus>Anton
Do ensure everything in there gets properly decontaminated before doing any more than tearing up the useless hulks. While it won't bother you and the rest of the rad-suited people, it'll bother everyone else if we let anything stay contaminated.

Also, make sure the salvage from those things goes to constructive usage, and nothing's pilfered. We want to try and get as many ships operational as we can, and we can't really do that if anyone makes off with usable salvage. Any scrap, even the stuff that's nothing but and couldn't be used for repairs, after we've done what we can with it is to be left in the yard for recycling into the factories, not taken for personal gain.

I would keep an eye on Auron, especially. He's already taken contaminated materials to the ship, and probably left them aboard the ship, in the form of that exosuit the survivor was wearing. Might want to send someone to get that, actually.

He types up a reply.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to XO Simus
Don't worry, I'll see that anything irradiated doesn't get out of the salvage yard. Decontaminating it on-site is going to be a little self-defeating, I think.

Preventing anyone from grabbing some pieces might be harder though. By the looks of it, Auron's already assembling some specific parts. Don't know what he's planning, but I guess he's not planning to melt them down, and we can always check what he took and see if we need to dock his pay for it.

Anton turns his attention to the salvagers.

"Keep in mind, all parts gathered here are to be brought to the salvage yard for storage and decontamination, first and foremost! And we have a lot of stuff to go through, so keep secondary tasks secondary. Remember, everything here is already technically ours. If you need something specific, you can always ask later. Focus on bringing scrap and salvage together, and getting it out into the salvage yard. We'll start sorting through what we have once we're done here."

If skycranes arrive, direct the airlifting of the tug into the salvage yard. If not, corral the salvage team and salvage drones into working on just the ships for now. Work first, fun and giant robots later.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 10, 2014, 11:32:34 am »

((So this thread seems to have a whole bunch of ideas for what to build after our little cleanup missions. Can someone give me the short version of what the current plans are?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3194 on: January 10, 2014, 12:36:41 pm »

Do that thing where I dutifully salvage things. If no salvage duty can be done due to missing skycranes, say fuck it, go to the aurora, tie a rock with a rope, throw it in the aurora and pull it back. Pull back the rock, not the aurora. If the aurora starts coming my way, run.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:08:17 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 243