Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435695 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3165 on: January 08, 2014, 09:53:21 am »

As I said, there may be unexpected drawbacks to full robobodies we haven't really encountered yet.))
((Maybe it affects the minds of people, but we don't notice because it's overshadowed by everyone's other mental disorders?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 08, 2014, 11:30:11 am »

"Auron, you can go start tearing up the more damaged ships. Even if the skycranes get here soon, I'll probably be able to affix the cables myself, and I can't rip damaged plating off a ship's hull with my bare hands.

Flint, go tear up some scrap too. Unless we get the ships, there's little else for you to do. I'll call you here if I need help.

Pancaek, seems we're done with the bodies for now. You can stay and help me with the ships if you want, but your skills might be better used elsewhere. Maybe see if that survivor we found actually survived?
"

Continue being in charge. Climb into the tug if there's an open(able) hatch, and see what's inside to get a better idea of its mass distribution. Would hate to have our first ship flip over or snap the cables when we lift it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 08, 2014, 11:35:34 am »

"Auron, you can go start tearing up the more damaged ships. Even if the skycranes get here soon, I'll probably be able to affix the cables myself, and I can't rip damaged plating off a ship's hull with my bare hands.

Flint, go tear up some scrap too. Unless we get the ships, there's little else for you to do. I'll call you here if I need help.

Pancaek, seems we're done with the bodies for now. You can stay and help me with the ships if you want, but your skills might be better used elsewhere. Maybe see if that survivor we found actually survived?
"

Continue being in charge. Climb into the tug if there's an open(able) hatch, and see what's inside to get a better idea of its mass distribution. Would hate to have our first ship flip over or snap the cables when we lift it.
"Yes, maybe I should go see how he's doing. I'll be taking my leave now, unless Simus needs me for something?"

If Simus doesn't need me anymore, head back to ship and check up on our survivor. If she does, follow orders. "

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 08, 2014, 12:36:22 pm »

((I wonder if piecewise will let me build a giant robot using salvaged ship parts?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 08, 2014, 01:04:50 pm »

I don't see why not, assuming you can roll well enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3170 on: January 08, 2014, 03:50:24 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
You stick with antonand help him choose ships, all the while
secretly longing to start tearing free bits of their control
panels or engines.

(Honestly. This gives me an idea for another game. GOD
DAMN IT IMAGINATION. WE ARE OVERBOOKED AS IT IS)

Ooh spaceship "salvager" game. id so play that, especially if it involved salvaging occupied vessels.

wait for first ship to be airlifted then zerg rush it the second it lands and begin surveying it for damage and marking parts that need replacement.
Simus may hurt you if you do this. Anton too.

Just giving you a warning before the not entirely unwarranted beats.

Spoiler: Droning about Drones (click to show/hide)

Quote from: piecewise
You stick with antonand help him choose ships, all the while
secretly longing to start tearing free bits of their control
panels or engines.

Ooh spaceship "salvager" game. id so play that, especially if it involved salvaging occupied vessels.
((I'd like that as well, but I'd like confirmation on what piecewise's idea was. Five bucks says it's even cooler than that.))

The idea that immediately came to mind can be summed up as this:

Players are people exiled to what amounts to a garbage dump world being used as a penal colony and their goal is to get off the planet. This would entail the basics of survival (getting food and water and shelter), exploring and scavenging for the parts of pieces needed, and dealing with the treats from the wildlife, the various groups that have established themselves on the planet (Warlords, religious fanatics attempting to build a new utopia, POW's who form Brotherhood of Steel like groups of militaristic isolationists, etc) and the ever present threat of their vastly technologically advanced jailers.

The image which came to mind was of a group of men and women, clothed in dirty orange coveralls and hodge podge armor made of scrap and semi-functional machinery, gathered around a console thats being powered by a dozen car batteries, doing a start up test on a rocket engine they found attached to an otherwise useless hulk.

"

The thing is built like a freaking teardrop; a massive amount of metal plating on the front with the actual fuel and miniature reactor near the center and engines at the end. You're not sure what the hell it was used for, but it seems purpose built for something.

"

"Yes, maybe I should go see how he's doing. I'll be taking my leave now, unless Simus needs me for something?"

If Simus doesn't need me anymore, head back to ship and check up on our survivor. If she does, follow orders. "

Well, she hasn't said anything so:

The survivor is still in intensive care, submerged in medi-gel while they attempt to counter act the effects of radiation poisoning.

((I wonder if piecewise will let me build a giant robot using salvaged ship parts?))
I'd be down for it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 08, 2014, 04:00:22 pm »

((I can totally see Auron building a Gargant.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:45 pm »

((I think I just won five bucks.
I'd offer to run it, but it reminds me too much of games I've run that collapsed under their own weight, so to speak.))

I'd be down for it. eagerly waiting for you to roll a 1 or a 6.
((FTFY.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: January 08, 2014, 11:56:51 pm »

Steve, is distance from this area going to be an issue, or are we free to relocate anywhere on the planet?

((Pan, I said to everyone that if Auron doesn't need you, you're free to go.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: January 09, 2014, 12:06:06 am »

Players are people exiled to what amounts to a garbage dump world being used as a penal colony and their goal is to get off the planet. This would entail the basics of survival (getting food and water and shelter), exploring and scavenging for the parts of pieces needed, and dealing with the treats from the wildlife, the various groups that have established themselves on the planet (Warlords, religious fanatics attempting to build a new utopia, POW's who form Brotherhood of Steel like groups of militaristic isolationists, etc) and the ever present threat of their vastly technologically advanced jailers.

The image which came to mind was of a group of men and women, clothed in dirty orange coveralls and hodge podge armor made of scrap and semi-functional machinery, gathered around a console thats being powered by a dozen car batteries, doing a start up test on a rocket engine they found attached to an otherwise useless hulk.
id play that too, although id probably try to build a heavily armored siege craft and go rob the other "gangs" by literally driving it through their base and scavenging the rubble.

I'd be down for it.
sweet, im gonna go make a parts list... can i enlist the aid of those little robot crab repair drones if i find any?

((I can totally see Auron building a Gargant.))
((i was hoping for something a bit more human shaped... then again its a nice simple backup if my plans go pear shaped and i cant find the right parts for full motion arms and legs.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:11:20 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3175 on: January 09, 2014, 05:08:53 am »

Aid with salvage as needed.

((Eh, I mostly wanted drones so that Flint could do the following classic action/horror movie/video game tropes:
1) Moving through corridors when suddenly we come across someone. Before we can do anything, a drone suddenly comes through a vent, lands on his chest, kills the man with plenty of Gore and then disappears before anyone has a chance to see what happened, maybe dragging part of the body with it.
Appropriate quotes: "What the hell was that thing?!" "They're in the vents!" "They're coming through the walls!"
2) Suddenly, a lone ARM trooper is ambushed by a few UWM soldiers.
"Freeze! Stop right there!"
"Okay, I'm stopping."
"I'm going to take you to be interrogated and we're going to learn all your secrets."
"All on your own? I don't think you have enough men you misguided UWM soldier drone."
"What did you just say?"
"I SAID: UWM SOLDIERS, DRONE!"
Drones jump in and kill the soldiers.
"These drones need better mics."))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:24 am »

head for one of the smaller ships marked as salvage and begin dismantling it for parts.
Also grab any and all parts found lying around that look useful.
Ask the following.

"Hey Steve i know your busy trying to fix everything and all that so ill try to be quick, you're in complete control of all Haphaestus' systems right?
Could you maybe send a few repair droids to help me dismantle these ships?
Pretty please, with a giant robot on top?"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:13:20 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:00 am »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:20 am »

(img)http://Go check to see what Simus needs a hand with after checking why the VR isn't working with Steve, and what we can do to get it running again.(/img)
((...I don't think you know what those tags to.))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 09, 2014, 10:28:49 am »

(img)http://Go check to see what Simus needs a hand with after checking why the VR isn't working with Steve, and what we can do to get it running again.(/img)
((...I don't think you know what those tags to.))
((Image is right below bold, im always accidentally hitting it on my phone.))

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 243