Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437018 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3195 on: January 10, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »

((I think you mean things, not thongs.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3196 on: January 10, 2014, 01:11:59 pm »

((Yeah, that would have been weird.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 10, 2014, 02:02:51 pm »

Reposting:
Quote from: Grate -> Salvage Team
Do you guys need any help?
Message everyone here and wait for responses.
((You could always come help with the anomaly exploration team. We could use a hand really.))
((Maybe once Grate realizes that Auron's just trying to get child labor to help with a crazy project.
Or if Miyamoto asks on open comms or something.))

((So this thread seems to have a whole bunch of ideas for what to build after our little cleanup missions. Can someone give me the short version of what the current plans are?))
((Auron is planning to build a giant robot. Everyone else is planning to build a place to decontaminate the spaceship bits.))

((That would be hilarious.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3198 on: January 10, 2014, 02:05:02 pm »

if no other pilot appears: pilot the other shuttle and have the repair bots repair my shuttle reactor.

Otherwise: have one repair bot work on the shuttle reactor and dismantle the next small ship with the rest.
try to find a scouting or recon vessel as those would provide the best chance of finding good sensor arrays and quantum entanglement communicators.

Spoiler: Shopping list (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: current salvage (click to show/hide)

You're gonna need some parts to fix that reactor, though you might be able to find them in other ships.

But we ain't got no pilot so you're in there. Might want to coordinate with Kri on that. Since one of you trying to fly without the other might end poorly.

I assume you don't want to lift on yet, since you'll have to do rolls for this.

Reposting:
Quote from: Grate -> Salvage Team
Do you guys need any help?
Message everyone here and wait for responses.
Quote from: Auron to Grate
I could use some help gathering salvage, if you could get Steve to send you some repair drones and begin dismantling ships with me id really appreciate it.
Quote from: Great -> Auron
I'll do that if no one else has suggestions.
Sincerely,
Grate

Go to help Mr. Auron with gathering salvage.
Note to self: Remember to remove this action if something else comes up.
You go and search through another ship for the stuff on anton's list.

You find:
Landing "feet"
Cables
Plating
Control computer
Sensor array

Simus, while still on the flyby, sees the beginning of the end for a ship that got pulled from the wreckage too damaged to keep.

Quote from: Simus>Anton
Do ensure everything in there gets properly decontaminated before doing any more than tearing up the useless hulks. While it won't bother you and the rest of the rad-suited people, it'll bother everyone else if we let anything stay contaminated.

Also, make sure the salvage from those things goes to constructive usage, and nothing's pilfered. We want to try and get as many ships operational as we can, and we can't really do that if anyone makes off with usable salvage. Any scrap, even the stuff that's nothing but and couldn't be used for repairs, after we've done what we can with it is to be left in the yard for recycling into the factories, not taken for personal gain.

I would keep an eye on Auron, especially. He's already taken contaminated materials to the ship, and probably left them aboard the ship, in the form of that exosuit the survivor was wearing. Might want to send someone to get that, actually.

Steve, are there any other aboveground facilities you can take me to? I'd like to get an idea of where the exposed areas are, if there are any. And the aurora might be fine, but I'd like to hear from a team who's seen what's up with it first.

Keep flying, wherever Steve takes me to see.

((I'm assuming Simus would've been able to see who was going to and from the Sword, and who went in and out of the pit, having been buzzing all around the admin building at the time, which would provide good vision of such things.))
Well, the base itself and the entire area around it is within a large, shallow basin area, so there's a ring of low hills or mountains around a flat plain. The aurora stretches much longer side to side then forward to back, so the area beyond it is clear, as is the area back closer to the sword. The nearest laser battery is south of the admin building, a little ways up the surrounding mountains.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

((Wow, I was really out of it last night... Gotta go to sleep earlier...))

Go check to see what Simus needs a hand with after checking why the VR isn't working with Steve, and what we can do to get it running again. If she doesn't need a hand, then help fly the other shuttle.
Welp. Power is still out, so no VR.  As per flying...I just gave that to Auron. Though I suppose you could switch places with him, since he hasn't lifted off yet.

Help whoever ends up being the other pilot (I think it's Auron right now) get familiar with the shuttle controls. Assuming that Mesk doesn't wake up and take the wheel.

Head out to the lift site, make sure not to get the lift cable caught on anything on the way

Eh, they'll just dynamic bonus it. SKYLAR AWAY!

You fly out to the pit and lower your cables down for someone to attach to a wreck.

((Also, I appear to have missed a turn.))

"Nice ship. Sturdy, heavy-duty construction. Probably used to push really big stuff around in orbit.

Heh, with a little modification...
"

Anton's wristpad beeps.

Quote from: Simus>Anton
Do ensure everything in there gets properly decontaminated before doing any more than tearing up the useless hulks. While it won't bother you and the rest of the rad-suited people, it'll bother everyone else if we let anything stay contaminated.

Also, make sure the salvage from those things goes to constructive usage, and nothing's pilfered. We want to try and get as many ships operational as we can, and we can't really do that if anyone makes off with usable salvage. Any scrap, even the stuff that's nothing but and couldn't be used for repairs, after we've done what we can with it is to be left in the yard for recycling into the factories, not taken for personal gain.

I would keep an eye on Auron, especially. He's already taken contaminated materials to the ship, and probably left them aboard the ship, in the form of that exosuit the survivor was wearing. Might want to send someone to get that, actually.

He types up a reply.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to XO Simus
Don't worry, I'll see that anything irradiated doesn't get out of the salvage yard. Decontaminating it on-site is going to be a little self-defeating, I think.

Preventing anyone from grabbing some pieces might be harder though. By the looks of it, Auron's already assembling some specific parts. Don't know what he's planning, but I guess he's not planning to melt them down, and we can always check what he took and see if we need to dock his pay for it.

Anton turns his attention to the salvagers.

"Keep in mind, all parts gathered here are to be brought to the salvage yard for storage and decontamination, first and foremost! And we have a lot of stuff to go through, so keep secondary tasks secondary. Remember, everything here is already technically ours. If you need something specific, you can always ask later. Focus on bringing scrap and salvage together, and getting it out into the salvage yard. We'll start sorting through what we have once we're done here."

If skycranes arrive, direct the airlifting of the tug into the salvage yard. If not, corral the salvage team and salvage drones into working on just the ships for now. Work first, fun and giant robots later.
One of the skycranes arrives, so you busy yourself attaching hooks to good anchor points. But you're definitely gonna need two shuttles for this behemoth.

Do that thing where I dutifully salvage things. If no salvage duty can be done due to missing skycranes, say fuck it, go to the aurora, tie a rock with a rope, throw it in the aurora and pull it back. Pull back the rock, not the aurora. If the aurora starts coming my way, run.
For now, anton seems to have it handled, so you head off to the aurora and go fishing.

Your rock comes back just fine, undamaged and unchanged as far as you can tell.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 10, 2014, 02:17:41 pm »

if no other pilot appears: pilot the other shuttle and have the repair bots repair my shuttle reactor.

Otherwise: have one repair bot work on the shuttle reactor and dismantle the next small ship with the rest.
try to find a scouting or recon vessel as those would provide the best chance of finding good sensor arrays and quantum entanglement communicators.

You're gonna need some parts to fix that reactor, though you might be able to find them in other ships.

But we ain't got no pilot so you're in there. Might want to coordinate with Kri on that. Since one of you trying to fly without the other might end poorly.

Help whoever ends up being the other pilot (I think it's Auron right now) get familiar with the shuttle controls. Assuming that Mesk doesn't wake up and take the wheel.

Head out to the lift site, make sure not to get the lift cable caught on anything on the way

(( XD
Welp, I tried to help, Unholy.))

Right, where did we want this set down? Other side of the sword from here?

Plot out lift procedure and course to the repair zone while waiting for the other skycrane. See if the ship will snag on anything when lifted and alert the ground team to it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:35:22 pm by Kriellya »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 10, 2014, 02:18:37 pm »

"Mister Auron, why are we looking for these parts?"

Continue helping salvage stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 10, 2014, 02:38:21 pm »

"Yep. Sort of. There's an open plain next to the other ship cages on the other side of the Sword's dock. I haven't been there yet, so I think I'll fly along for the first go and get the location manually sorted out, so to speak. Mark out spots for other ships, et cetera. We'll really need some organization here, lest we end up with just another pile of ships and parts."

Since there's nothing better to do, take stock of the ships for salvage, and use the datapad to make a preliminary salvage yard layout using their dimensions. Wait for the second skycrane, attach it and fly along to set the ship down in the salvage yard if it arrives.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:38 pm »

help Auron.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 10, 2014, 11:18:23 pm »

If he doesn't fly the thing, then do it myself. Otherwise, help with the scavenging.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 10, 2014, 11:48:12 pm »

Fly the shuttle over to the salvage pit, co-ordinate with kriellya.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:55:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3205 on: January 11, 2014, 02:10:53 pm »

(( XD
Welp, I tried to help, Unholy.))

Plot out lift procedure and course to the repair zone while waiting for the other skycrane. See if the ship will snag on anything when lifted and alert the ground team to it.
Bynamic Donus it is.

"Mister Auron, why are we looking for these parts?"

Continue helping salvage stuff.
You don't find anything on the list in the next ship, at least nothing that you don't already have checked off.

"Yep. Sort of. There's an open plain next to the other ship cages on the other side of the Sword's dock. I haven't been there yet, so I think I'll fly along for the first go and get the location manually sorted out, so to speak. Mark out spots for other ships, et cetera. We'll really need some organization here, lest we end up with just another pile of ships and parts."

Since there's nothing better to do, take stock of the ships for salvage, and use the datapad to make a preliminary salvage yard layout using their dimensions. Wait for the second skycrane, attach it and fly along to set the ship down in the salvage yard if it arrives.
The dimensions you mark out for the salvage yard are quite big; several hundred meters to a side. It should be large enough to spread things out nice and evenly.

The second skycrane comes in a few minutes later and you hook it up to the other side of the ship.

help Auron.
I'm gonna assume you mean scavenge.

You find a point defense system and some cabling.

If he doesn't fly the thing, then do it myself. Otherwise, help with the scavenging.
More scav'n eh?

You get some nice intact hull plates and structural beams.

Fly the shuttle over to the salvage pit, co-ordinate with kriellya.

[aux:3+1+1]

You fly over to the pit and get your cables attached to the first ship to salvage.

You two are both gonna have to do an Aux roll to lift that thing. Lets hope one of you doesn't fuck up~

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 11, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

Anton climbs into Skylar's shuttle (that was, presumably, sitting on the ground rather than hovering in the meantime) after securing the cables, and prepares for the move, watching out of the open hatch as the ship rises.

"Okay people, here we go! Watch the cables and easy on the throttle, don't lift off too quickly! Bishop, good to see you here. Grab a copy of the salvage chart and feel free to direct the work here while I'm setting up the salvage yard. Make sure nothing gets carried off!"

Climb into Skylar's shuttle. Send Bishop the salvage chart (and leave him in charge for now), make sure Auron and Skylar both have the correct location for the salvage yard, and observe the initial liftoff. Try to give helpful directions to the pilots from my vantage point.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 11, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »

(( I'm not sure I was, I'm under the impression that there isn't really a good place to land in that area. You can ride along in our salvage ship if you want, that should be fun :P ))

Alright, here's a plan I drew up while you flew over here. We're going to take it slow initially, just in case there are any snags we haven't seen under the ship. Once it's clear of the repair pit walls, we can speed things up on the way to the salvage yard. We'll start on your count, so just say when.

Send over the lift notes I took to Auron, then wait for his signal to begin the lift.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 11, 2014, 05:01:44 pm »

"Hey! Mr. Auron! Why are you flying away? ...He must not want to salvage anymore."

Quote from: Grate -> Everyone
Anyone need help?
Sincerely,
Grate

If nothing comes up, look for something broken and fix it. Go help Mr. Minimotor.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:10:22 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 11, 2014, 08:37:23 pm »

"Hey! Mr. Auron! Why are you flying away? ...He must not want to salvage anymore."
"im helping pull ships out of that irradiated pit so that we can salvage them easier, get back to work. i would appreciate your continued assistance in the meantime."[\color]

coordinate with everyone involved for great failure mitigation, airlift all the things.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 243