Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437081 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3210 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:40 pm »

"Ha-hah! I am Mother Goose!"

Get the rest of my damage fixed in the infirmary. Then head for the ground floor!

You head to the infirmary and they root around in your insides and replace some self lubricating ball joints and generally unbreak you.

Once they get done repairing you, you head back down  the elevator to the ground floor. And I assume wait there for people.

Dynamix AUX bonus: +/-2

Before I need to do anything with the plates, take my arms out of the controls and remove my wristpad.  Set it down somewhere accessible.  Then, if Marcius cuts off the plate, replace it and hold it in place with one arm. 

If Marcius doesn't cut off the plate, or I have time to mess around after I replace the plate, use my dynamic bonus to familiarize myself with the wristpad.  I.E. learn what it's capable of, what's installed on it, and how easily I can hack it.  This is mostly just in-character research, but I'm also hoping I can get a permanent bonus to messing with the wristpad.

Hmm well, the wrist pad can be used to send messages, use simple programs, play music, and such like that. Hacking...well that depends on what you want to do with it. You can add programs to it without hacking it. And no, you won't get a permanent bonus with it. I usually only do that with things where it would be overly dangerous and annoying to make you have to roll everytime, like flying a ship or driving a car.

And yeah, I'm not even gonna bother rolling. With a +2 dynamic bonus you'd pretty much get it on everything but a 1, and mostly get it on a 1 anyways. Consider that the last plate too.

Hastur in Fallout.
Depends on exactly where on the map you are.

((Time to reactivate the reactor.))
Find the reactor and find out why it's offline
I wouldn't recommend it. Not only is is buried somewhere deep in the ship beyond locked doors, it's also leaking frankly massive amounts of radiation. I mean, the guy who is already down there fixing it is getting a near fatal dose as we speak and he's in a massive, heavily shielded exosuit.

Of course, he doesn't know about that near fatal dose, so Shhh, don't tell him.

cut ze plate!

((Yes. That setting gets all of it. As long as it's grounded in reality, I don't really like the "magic" property of it. Sorta like ER. Fantasy elements don't interest me as much as sci-fi realism.))
[2]
TRY AGAIN
[5]
BETTER!

You cut the plate and the arms carry it away. Wait...was there a welding torch welded to that plate?

LAST PLATE

LAST PLATE!

Go outside. Look around. Is anyone visible?
At this point...Probably no. Everyone is off in the debris field or underground or in the building. Though you might be able to see the skycranes lifting off if you watch.

"crap crap crap crap!"
leave radiation death zone post-haste
[aux:5]
You stand up and clank back up the stairs and out the first airlock.
[end:2]
You're reaching toward the manual controls to close the door when your vision starts to blur and your limbs start to shake. Your fingers shiver on the controls and the arms move about slightly.

Anton climbs into Skylar's shuttle (that was, presumably, sitting on the ground rather than hovering in the meantime) after securing the cables, and prepares for the move, watching out of the open hatch as the ship rises.

"Okay people, here we go! Watch the cables and easy on the throttle, don't lift off too quickly! Bishop, good to see you here. Grab a copy of the salvage chart and feel free to direct the work here while I'm setting up the salvage yard. Make sure nothing gets carried off!"

Climb into Skylar's shuttle. Send Bishop the salvage chart (and leave him in charge for now), make sure Auron and Skylar both have the correct location for the salvage yard, and observe the initial liftoff. Try to give helpful directions to the pilots from my vantage point.
You climb into skylar's shuttle, making yourself another potential victim, should this go wrong.  You show them your charts and where they're supposed to go and attempt to help them.

(( I'm not sure I was, I'm under the impression that there isn't really a good place to land in that area. You can ride along in our salvage ship if you want, that should be fun :P ))

Alright, here's a plan I drew up while you flew over here. We're going to take it slow initially, just in case there are any snags we haven't seen under the ship. Once it's clear of the repair pit walls, we can speed things up on the way to the salvage yard. We'll start on your count, so just say when.

Send over the lift notes I took to Auron, then wait for his signal to begin the lift.
"Hey! Mr. Auron! Why are you flying away? ...He must not want to salvage anymore."
"im helping pull ships out of that irradiated pit so that we can salvage them easier, get back to work. i would appreciate your continued assistance in the meantime."[\color]

coordinate with everyone involved for great failure mitigation, airlift all the things.
Anton's help gives you a dynamic bonus of 1.
[Auron aux:5+1-1]
[Skylar aux:2+1+1+1]

With Anton's help, Both of the Shuttles turned skycranes lift off in a slow, coordinated effort and free the massive hunk of metal that is the first ship from its resting place in the crater. They slowly ascend a few hundred feet to make sure they're clear of anything on the ground and then fly to the landing zone and lower the ship to the ground. Though, now they do still need someone to unhook them.

"Hey! Mr. Auron! Why are you flying away? ...He must not want to salvage anymore."

Quote from: Grate -> Everyone
Anyone need help?
Sincerely,
Grate

If nothing comes up, look for something broken and fix it. Go help Mr. Minimotor.
You join up with miyamoto.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 13, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »

Unhook the ship. Then help salvage it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 13, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »

((Superfluous actions from the R&R thread in the top of the post, PW!))

"I guess I could have thought this through a little better. We'll need a little ground presence here to speed things up."

Anton contacts Flint.

"Flint, are you occupied at the moment? We need a ground crew at the salvage yard to unhook the skycranes, somebody strong and/or carrying power tools. If you can't come yourself, that's fine, but if you see any people in exosuits that don't have much to do, direct them over to these coordinates. The cargo is irradiated, so no regular workers. I'd put Auron on the job, but he's piloting one of the skycranes, and Bishop is too good a technician to have him loiter here."

He addresses Skylar and Auron.

"Okay, I think you'll have to set them down for a moment, so I can try and get the hooks free. Hopefully we'll actually get a little ground crew for this. If you want to help me, that'd be great, except don't come out if you're unsure if your suits can handle the radiation.

Actually, we might want a ground crew with decontamination gear as well.
"

Wait for Skylar to land, and unhook the skycranes.

"Steve, do we have some way to decontaminate these? Something like a huge cistern truck and some neutralizing chemicals, perhaps?"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: January 13, 2014, 03:52:26 pm »

Get Mr. Minimotor's attention.

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.
"--Miyamoto, what do you want me to do?"

If I don't know where he is or can't get his attention--or if he looks busy--message him the same instead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 13, 2014, 03:59:21 pm »

Got it, chief. Want to head back to the pit as soon as we get unhooked and get the next ship?

Land next to the ship and wait for Anton to unhook us.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3215 on: January 13, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »

@Sean; "Hello! You've reached the voicemail of Flint Westwood. I'm currently either dead or inside an anomaly. Or both. Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Stay safe and fight for freedom."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:00:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 14, 2014, 10:37:05 am »

Head over to the skycranes and start salvaging the ship/assessing the damage to the thing to determine the viability of it being repaired and flyable again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 14, 2014, 03:20:04 pm »

Steve, any info on that Aurora anomaly? I think I saw Flint go in and come back out for a moment.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3218 on: January 14, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »

Unhook the ship. Then help salvage it.

Unhook it, sure, but salvage I'm not sure on. I'm pretty sure anton wants mostly working ships left intact, while auron whats scrap to build a giant robot.  So salvaging could mean anything from tearing apart this perfectly good ship to trying to repair it.

((Superfluous actions from the R&R thread in the top of the post, PW!))

"I guess I could have thought this through a little better. We'll need a little ground presence here to speed things up."

Anton contacts Flint.

"Flint, are you occupied at the moment? We need a ground crew at the salvage yard to unhook the skycranes, somebody strong and/or carrying power tools. If you can't come yourself, that's fine, but if you see any people in exosuits that don't have much to do, direct them over to these coordinates. The cargo is irradiated, so no regular workers. I'd put Auron on the job, but he's piloting one of the skycranes, and Bishop is too good a technician to have him loiter here."

He addresses Skylar and Auron.

"Okay, I think you'll have to set them down for a moment, so I can try and get the hooks free. Hopefully we'll actually get a little ground crew for this. If you want to help me, that'd be great, except don't come out if you're unsure if your suits can handle the radiation.

Actually, we might want a ground crew with decontamination gear as well.
"

Wait for Skylar to land, and unhook the skycranes.

"Steve, do we have some way to decontaminate these? Something like a huge cistern truck and some neutralizing chemicals, perhaps?"
You hop out of the skycranes as they lower themselves down relatively low  and help with unhooking things.

>Eh. Tell you what. I'll get the AM to handle it in a while. Just work as normal for now. It will be easier that way.

Get Mr. Minimotor's attention.

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.
"--Miyamoto, what do you want me to do?"

If I don't know where he is or can't get his attention--or if he looks busy--message him the same instead.
Well, you're with him. And that buried water heater he hit with a rock that is now screaming at him is probably distracting him...so you just message him instead. My oh my that is getting quite annoyingly loud.

Got it, chief. Want to head back to the pit as soon as we get unhooked and get the next ship?

Land next to the ship and wait for Anton to unhook us.
Landed.

Head over to the skycranes and start salvaging the ship/assessing the damage to the thing to determine the viability of it being repaired and flyable again.
See below.

ALRIGHT. Here's the deal. We want to speed this crap up. People seem to be falling asleep. So here's the deal. With all the stuff from the wreckage you have the ability to salvage and repair, say, 6 ships OR 3 ships and make that robot Auron wants to make.  We'll get them all armed later, but really this is a question of what we want to spend our resources on and what you guys think will be best for the defense of the base.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 14, 2014, 04:00:14 pm »

((6 ships. Sorry, Unholy, but we really want to have mobile firepower and transports instead of a DIY kludgebot.))

Finish moving the ships and parts, decontaminate everything, then set about repairs. Identify the six most worthwhile ships, and direct/perform their restoration to flyable condition. Don't hesitate to replace damaged engines with more powerful ones, and don't skimp on armor plating except where it would hurt maneuverability too much.

The Tug seems like a good choice for an assault ship, it would have powerful engines and enough mass capacity to really armor up the forward plate. Besides that we are really going to need a pair of fast troop transports for planetside action, a pair of more standard combat shuttles, and I really think we'll need at least one true "interceptor", a Glass Cannon/Fragile Speedster, all engines and a huge gun to respond to critical threats. Should probably make ship choices with that in mind.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 14, 2014, 04:27:55 pm »

((6 ships. Sorry, Unholy, but we really want to have mobile firepower and transports instead of a DIY kludgebot.))
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:44 pm »

((Mechs.))

help Auron.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 14, 2014, 04:56:16 pm »

I think 90% of what i needed has been salvaged anyway, i could probably fabricate the joints i need from scrap metal and construct the thing, id just need to roll well.

As for repairing the shuttle reactor... i may have to just delegate that to the surviving workers but in my mind 6 ships and a giant kludgebot is doable.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 14, 2014, 05:09:23 pm »

I think 90% of what i needed has been salvaged anyway, i could probably fabricate the joints i need from scrap metal and construct the thing, id just need to roll well.

As for repairing the shuttle reactor... i may have to just delegate that to the surviving workers but in my mind 6 ships and a giant kludgebot is doable.))
((I'm all for a DIY warstomper project on the side, but the ships should really take priority. We get the ships out and ready first, then if we have enough resources and time we can put together a gantry for the 'bot, and Auron can work on it. Sound fair?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 14, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »

((That's not your stuff, what has been salvaged. That's stuff that would be going toward the 6 ships.

Which we're doing. Sorry, but kludge vs. having another 6 intact ships is a fairly clear fight, with 6 ships winning handily.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 243