Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437065 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #3540 on: January 30, 2014, 02:10:16 pm »

Do my action before Jim's, thus creating a paradox! I have rocket pods, I can get there faster!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3541 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »

VR!Jim heads to the pod, ready to drop with his microwave amp in his head and his monoatomic razor in hand, as he did in the original mission.

Ah, the skeletal drop ships. Been a while since we've used one of those.

Might have to use one again sometime soon.

((Ahhahahaha oh gog. You know, once we overthrow the UWM, I don't think there will be a problem with us gradually becoming a corrupt government.

We'll self-destruct long before then.))

"..did anybody else feel that just now?"

Anton notices what seems to be a shudder running through the Sword, even from within VR. Concerned, he saves the scene, exits VR, and backs the designs up on his datapad just in case, while addressing Steve.

"Steve? Are we having seismic activity or something around here? Or did someone find another shipyard to kick a nuke down into? I'm trying to work here, and I'd appreciate it if things don't start suddenly disintegrating around me. It tends to throw off my concentration."

Back up my virtual hard work in case something happens. Query Steve. If there's nothing I can personally do to help (being mostly just a tech without fire-fighting or heavy lifting equipment, or even a decent means of transportation), return to VR, get those tests done, and get out to the salvage yard to assess the damage.

You get out of the VR, open your mouth to say something, but it immediately becomes nothing but incoherent screaming as a severed human hand leaps onto your head like a facehugger.

Somewhere nearby you can here someone laughing.
((Who else saw that coming?))

Upon hearing the explosion, Flint dropped his datapad, got into Gilgamesh and run to investigate. When he noticed the fire, he immediately sprung to action.
"Steve! What the hell was that? Was there anyone out there? Do they need help?"
Use rocket pods to fly as fast as possible while remaining safe. Carry anyone who wants to help if possible. Priority is to rescue Simus and Auron. Simus first if I have to choose.
Then, if necessary and/or helpful (that means if the fire could damage something useful and they can't extinguish it without my help), acquire large canisters of fire extinguishing fluid from the AM and use Gilgamesh's strength and mobility to help with the extinguishing. If no fire extinguishing fluid or other material (large pieces of dirt for example) is available to douse the flames, see if I can collapse something to cover the flames. Do not actually collapse anything though.
If no fire extinguishing help is needed and the Rescue is successful, stand by Simus until she wakes up while thinking of the best ways to inflict maximum pain on Auron without actually killing him. Maybe also ask the Doctor if he has any torture suggestions/advice or if he wants to have some fun with him. Or better yet, ask the Doc if I could give him 12 tokens + Auron for my horse-thing.
((Turning Auron into my horse would be a good punishment now that I think about it. The traitorous loose cannon with delusions of grandeur turned into an obedient mount. Almost poetic. And marginally worse than being executed by Simus.))

You stay with simus as she's brought inside and carried to a chemical tank. They dump her down inside it and immediately begin removing the metal bones from her limbs, replacing the broken and bent supports with shiny new ones and closing the synthflesh around them, all the while sucking away the gooey white blood of the strange, artificial muscle.  You're about to leave when simus regains consciousness and her cameyes focus on you. Your wristpad beeps with a new message.

Leave Auron to me.

((AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wow that was even better than the time I accidentally killed 40+ people.))
((Indeed. I was laughing so much that people were giving me funny looks.
Although it might have also been the tone of the laugh. Kinda high-pitched.))

Grate looks around confusedly for a moment before rationalizing that the big people would take care of it and let him know if he could help. Just in case...
Quote from: Grate -> All
Dear Everyone,
What happened? Can I help?
Sincerely,
Grate
He then got back to the VR.
Locate a seat in the shuttle/drop pod/whatever. Try not to get splattered.

You get yourself strapped into one of the harnesses on the skeletal shuttle, the one between jim and Feyri. Wait, are you armed? Do you have any sort of weapon for this? You sure you don't wanna buy one of those before blastoff?

(( Dutifully updated. And here I was thinking I'd need to update it for the 4 days or so I was being sick XD ))

Skylar looks up from whatever random repair job he was doing and sees the glow from the salvage yard.

Uh... Steve? What just happened? ... and do you know where we can find some fire suppression systems?

Go investigate the damage, preferably with the fire suppression system Steve directed us to :P
Well, there's damage, but no more fire. Damage includes:
1. Salvage yard in shambles
2.Ships received minor damage
3.spider tank doing a mindless jig nearby.

((Well that was awesome.))

be dead, hopefully wake up in the infirmary, feel extremely justified.

You wake up in the infirmary, laying on a bed with several machines squatting on the railing around the bed like fat, life support parrots perched on a branch. You can't move very well; you can't really feel anything below your shoulders, but judging from the sheer number of tubes and wires running from the machines into what looks like a massive hole in your stomach, you're gonna guess you're pretty badly hurt.

((Gonna hop over to this thread real quick, I doubt anyone could not have heard that anyways.))

Upon hearing the disastrous explosion, Miyamoto is wakened from his temporary stupor and jolts into action. Luckily, the awesome strength of synthflesh lets him get there fast (for a multi-ton monster).

"Flint, what the hell happened here?! God darn-it, you'd think we could go a day without something blowing up, but nooooo, everyday something has to explode. Ugh. You go grab Simus, I'll get Auron, he's the heaviest of the two."

Run over to ground zero, rescue the two 'splosion victims. If Flint gets here to, rescue Auron while he does Simus. Once in the infirmary hangar (too big for hallways, I forgot), get him out of his exosuit (will be needed for operations anyway) and deliver him to medical personnel, while saying the following to whoever takes him off my hands:

"I'm not sure what happened, but as far as I know he was discussing things with Simus, and next thing you know there's a big explosion and people are dead. I wanna get to the bottom of this, so once you've fixed him bring him to me, ok? Keep him sedated or restrained until then if you have to. If you're not sure whether you're allowed to do that, check with Steve, he'll back me up."

Then help with the firefighting, either with manip (if I feel like I have the mental reserves for it, if yes bend away oxygen so the fire can't spread) or by grabbing whatever equipment there is in the hangar (I'm assuming a spaceship hangar would have some stuff for that lying around, if not wait for some crewmember to bring in some).

((Note to Paris: I don't think anybody but those two saw what happened (not sure if any witnesses), and since neither can really tell us right now, for all our characters know that explosion was an accident. I mean, it could be a bit meta to assume they'd know Auron was the cause of this. Though Steve might be able to tell us next turn.))

((How is it attempted crippling? It was a successful crippling.))
((Heh. Heh heh. Nice one.))

A bit late, old chum. The backstabbery is already in motion.

Also, how long till simus goes full lemongrab?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3542 on: January 30, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »

Flint gives a nod and a respectful salute to Simus. After a few seconds of standing there, he leaves to go to the other thread, giving Auron (if visible) his angriest death stare on the way out of the infirmary.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: January 30, 2014, 04:07:07 pm »

((Intentional.))

Yes, drop.
Realize only upon landing that unarmedness was a bad idea.
Look around, determine how hurt people are.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: January 30, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »

((PW, I'm sure that, in Unholy's eyes, Simus - and by extension, me - already is.

Too bad for Auron, she's not that ineffectual.))

Simus waits until she is repaired enough to move, then goes to where Auron is currently festooned with life support equipment. She stares at him for a few minutes. ((And I am at least giving you warning of a secret action.))

While she was waiting, she composed a message, to the Doctor:
Quote from: Simus>The Doctor
I request that you do not do any work on the one brought in here with me. Not yet. Please accompany me to him, if you can.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:26:04 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: January 30, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

VR!Jim waits for impact patiently. Once they land - if they land - he immediately dives for cover.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: January 30, 2014, 06:01:58 pm »

((By the way, Steve likely wont know what happened and Simus will only have suspicions.

Simus only caught Aurons action out of the corner of her eye and lasers are invisible, not to mention the fact that my laser rifle is mounted on the underside of my arm so my video isnt gonna show anything but me lying on the ground then raising my hand to her in a manner that could well have been a desperate "take the gun just dont electrocute me again" gesture.

Judging by the fact steve didnt warn us about the IR tripwires last mission its pretty safe to say our suit cameras dont pick up lasers either, so Simus video will also be useless as evidence against me.))

get robobodied and take my exosuit down to the repair bots for fixing.

Quote from: Auron to maurice
Hey buddy you remember how i wanted a robobody before but i was too intact?
I think im eligible now, can you stick me in one asap? Or at least put a rush on installing some roboguts? think simus is planning to kill me again.

((Edit: roboguts preferable.))

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:25:50 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: January 30, 2014, 06:48:14 pm »

*sigh* Can't get anything done without an explosion, can we.

@Someone In Authority (probably Simus) Pretty minor damage out here, all said. Salvage yard has taken a beating, but most of the ships are at least intact, and the walker is still going. Unless you want me to leave it alone, I'm going to go bring that thing to heel first, in case it causes more damage.

... Anyone know if it has wireless control?

Head over to the spider tank, see if it looks like it's possible to control it remotely.

Prepare to do so if possible, otherwise ask someone to give me a lift onto it's control unit.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54:38 pm »

((By the way, Steve likely wont know what happened and Simus will only have suspicions.

Simus only caught Aurons action out of the corner of her eye and lasers are invisible, not to mention the fact that my laser rifle is mounted on the underside of my arm so my video isnt gonna show anything but me lying on the ground then raising my hand to her in a manner that could well have been a desperate "take the gun just dont electrocute me again" gesture.

Judging by the fact steve didnt warn us about the IR tripwires last mission its pretty safe to say our suit cameras dont pick up lasers either, so Simus video will also be useless as evidence against me.))

((Except you've 5 things wrong, there.

• She may have only seen it from the corner of her eye, but a heavy weapon being pointed at your chest looks nothing like a ""take the gun just dont electrocute me again" gesture".
  • Simus has Cameyes - she can see in the IR spectrum normally. Guess what spectrum the lasers are in?
  • Steve didn't warn of them because he couldn't see them - through the team's suit cameras. The suit cameras, however, aren't Steve's primary view - the shipboard cameras, internal and external, are. And it would be a bad assumption to think that he can't see IR through those. And, he had a pretty damn clear view of what happened, even if he didn't see the laser pulse.
  • Steve can see from your angle too. Your angle, which shows you pretty clearly AIMING at my chest, though your suit cameras can't show IR, they can show what you're aiming at.
  • Even if it came to your word against mine, which it most probably won't, my word holds greater weight as a result of my position. Even if you don't think my position is legitimate, Steve and everyone else pretty clearly do.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: January 30, 2014, 06:57:31 pm »

((I would recommend consulting auron before tampering with his spiderbot.
Theres also the matter of it hasnt been programmed to stop if a person gets in the way, it may step on you to aid in its learning of how to pass uneven terrain.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: January 30, 2014, 06:58:59 pm »

((This is going to be a fun civil war.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3551 on: January 30, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »

Help Kriellya stop the thing if he needs help. Give him a lift.
Else, go ask the Doc if I could get my mount for 12 tokens.

((Simus jumped out of the way. Unless HMRC members all dive for cover the moment they see a shadow in the corner of their eye, she knows what happened. And Steve can tell when someone is about to overload his amp if he puts his minds to it. He knows what happened.))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:49:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: January 30, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »

((Except you've 5 things wrong, there.

• She may have only seen it from the corner of her eye, but a heavy weapon being pointed at your chest looks nothing like a ""take the gun just dont electrocute me again" gesture".
  • Simus has Cameyes - she can see in the IR spectrum normally. Guess what spectrum the lasers are in?
  • Steve didn't warn of them because he couldn't see them - through the team's suit cameras. The suit cameras, however, aren't Steve's primary view - the shipboard cameras, internal and external, are. And it would be a bad assumption to think that he can't see IR through those. And, he had a pretty damn clear view of what happened, even if he didn't see the laser pulse.
  • Steve can see from your angle too. Your angle, which shows you pretty clearly AIMING at my chest, though your suit cameras can't show IR, they can show what you're aiming at.
  • Even if it came to your word against mine, which it most probably won't, my word holds greater weight as a result of my position. Even if you don't think my position is legitimate, Steve and everyone else pretty clearly do.))
Funny thing here is all five of your arguments are invalid.

1. My laser is mounted on the underside of my arm, i have to point it at you in order to make a plaintative gesture. Ergo both actions appear identical.
2. Simus can see in the IR spectrum, she was not however scanning for thermal signatures and therefore would not have been able to see the pulse.
3. There is no gaurantee steve could see us when we are in the middle of the scrapyard surrounded by junk and recovered ships and Auron is collapsed on the floor, plus if steve didnt see the laser pulse hes not gonna be able to say what exactly just happened.
4. This is just retarded, do you even read what i post? If my gun is mounted under my forearm and i raise my big bulky exosuit arm its going to conceal my laser rifle because the top side forearm armor is in the way. You wont know whether im aiming or instinctively trying to put a barrier between myself and simus.
5. Im gonna win because im more important is not an argument, if that worked i could just walk up to smurfington and take his tokens saying he lost a bet to me and everyone would be forced to agree with me because im a veteran and hes only a newbie. That shit will never fly.))

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: January 30, 2014, 07:26:02 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: January 30, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
((We have one already, its called the infirmary. :P))

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 243