Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 286131 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

Considering what purposes I've been twisting LEGO bricks to recently (including something that looks like a hybrid between a wasp, a scorpion (with claws), a fly and a praying mantis), I should probably refrain from arguing. All I can say is that as the size of an arthropod increases, how much it scares me decreases exponentially.

Maybe I should make some ASCII art for this FB.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should have a new beastie soon! Plutonium Ape started a new fort in our honour, I'm sure it will be a happy place where satisfied dwarves bravely defend their home against horrible beasties.

...right?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note to self: RUN.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Well since the community in my usual thread can't make up their mind and keep on tying up the poll I guess I'll have to come here and draw insted -______-'
Some times it feels like they're all conspiring aginst me to make work as difficult as possible :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For a second there I thought that was a screenshot from an animated game. You've won this round by starting it, slowpokez.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG that is awesome looking!! Dude i say thank you for drawing it, and you even got the eyes right. Yeah i thought Azure was a type of purple not blue haa.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Now you know why you fear the fly.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile

Today I Learned This About Scorpionfly: The stinger is actually the genitalia of the male, and it is harmless and cannot sting.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what I originally thought, which is why I was wondering why we were scared of it. Although, now that I think of it, that might actually be worse. Dwarves getting stung to death by...yeah.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the delay all, waiting for PlutoniumApe to post his beastie... if I don't hear back we'll move on.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin

First of all:

I'm honoured to have won the last round!

But

I am deeply sorry for the delay I might have caused.
I started a fort to post a new fortgotten beast, just like CD explained.

Didn't go so well, whole fort got slaughtered in a goblin siege before I could get my first beast.
Had to start again, this time with a vengeance, just so I could finally get a beast and, while I was at it, defeat the rival goblin nation. Well, what can I say? The caverns were terribly deep and when I got my first beast, I didn't technically get it... I had it in my unit screen, I got messages that it was enraged and I found out that it was deceased shortly after, but no way to locate the corpse.

Turned out it died somewhere fighting serpent men and got killed while doing so. Still haven't found the damn thing and no sign of another beast yet, but countless dead goblins and more in the making. So woohoo!

Looked it up on legends, am a bit sad I missed it.
So have at it and I will declare a winner next monday. (or are we doing votes?)

Is it possible I messed up my settings to have too high of qualifications for beasts to attack? My wealth is 5mio or something.

And slowpokez: You really outdid yourself there. It's great too see you're improving so tremendously! :)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I, for one, like this. A terrifying, badass tarantula dying miserably to a primitive tribe of lizardmen. All hail wooden spears shields!

As far as duration, we've been doing "2 weeks" so far but holidays are over. Shall we go back to 1 week at a time?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:36:10 pm by CognitiveDissonance »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poor spider. It sounds like it would have made a great pet for one of your nobles.
Simplistic and laughable art:
       __
==-===
/||\

I may decide to make a slightly less "horribly, eye-rottingly bad" version later.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

I suggest drawing him with a shield stuck in his head LOL
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog

The hollow moistness.

I am impressed.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 87