Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 1915 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: April 04, 2013, 08:16:05 pm »

Ok, so im new and i got everything started up, and all of a sudden a gem setter enters a "Strange mood" and he claimed a jewelers shop so i cant use it and it says he keeps muttering Masosisak Sunggoraroth

WHAT DO I DO

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:18:44 pm »

Use qonthe workshop. If he is drawing things, try and get those things. If he is not, just wait.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:19:46 pm »

Also make sure to set up a wall around the workshop with a door, so you can lock him in if he goes crazy.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »

He made an "artifact". a clear cut rock crystal worth 4800

what is this

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:18 pm »

That's a strange mood. Every so often a dwarf will enter a strange mood and begin making demands, when they get everything they want they make something incredibly valuable with it and they become legendary in the relevant skill. Since yours was only a rock crystal it's not going to increase fortress wealth all that much, since he was possessed rather than fey, secretive, or fell, he's not going to get any experience.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:24:14 pm »

It's a perfect gem you can't sell. Not terribly useful, but you can use an artifact stockpile to display it in a meeting area or build a vault to house it. Here's the wiki link to strange moods: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Mood
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:27:40 pm »

Now I wonder...do Dorfs get positive thoughts from seeing an artifact even if it's in a 'display' stockpile? Would be kinda fitting.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »

fell

to me that doesnt sound good

whats the difference

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 08:34:42 pm »

fell

to me that doesnt sound good

whats the difference
Fortunately fell dwarf only brings one abundantly available item to the workshop. Unfortunately that item is a living dwarf. The Fell dwarf murders the other dwarf and makes them into an artifact.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 08:37:09 pm »

Honestly Fell is one of the better moods, as long as it doesn't cause a tantrum spiral.

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 08:42:44 pm »

In one succession game I've seen a dwarf actually murdered the king and crafted a truly amazing leather cloak...which became part of the regalia of the next king. Fun stuff.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 09:05:17 pm »

Honestly Fell is one of the better moods, as long as it doesn't cause a tantrum spiral.

The murder that happens in a fell mood doesn't cause bad thoughts for anyone, if I remember correctly.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:40 pm »

The murder that happens in a fell mood doesn't cause bad thoughts for anyone, if I remember correctly.

It still causes bad thoughts, but no crime occurs in the eyes of dwarven society. 

Incidentally, from the OP "
Ok, so im new and i got everything started up, and all of a sudden a gem setter enters a "Strange mood" and he claimed a jewelers shop so i cant use it and it says he keeps muttering Masosisak Sunggoraroth

WHAT DO I DO
"

If he starts muttering a string of dwarven e.g. "Masosiak etc", that means the ingredients have successfully been gathered and he is vocalizing the name of the artifact. If he wanted ingredients he would shout or draw the things he needs.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 09:25:56 pm »

HELP IT HAPPENED AGAIN, FEY MOOD DORF CHILD

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 09:29:55 pm »

This is a rock salt earring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of copper. On the item is an image of baguette cut gems in rock salt.
Pages: [1] 2