Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 163776 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #645 on: June 05, 2013, 11:22:15 pm »

Please don't do that again. You nearly gave me a heart attack man. Well not really but I started panicking. It might sound like I'm being weird here but I'm laughing cause it's kinda funny how much I panicked when I saw you did that.
I believe you, actually. A little surprised you'd admit to it, but I can completely understand it -- it directly contradicted what I'd said and came out of left field, and you trusted me, that's why it hit you so hard, I think.

So, Imaginary Unvote Nerjin. I pronounce you Squeaky Clean Townie.

...and now I am going to bed.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 05, 2013, 11:24:34 pm »

I wouldn't do that. I've not devoted as much time as I should have to this game. I've played dreadfully. I plan to rectify that in the morning. I don't think anything's happening so I should have time to really get to the bottom of things this time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2013, 11:46:48 pm »

Phantom of the Library: I call your attack on Nerjin opportunistic and bandwagony. How do you plead?
I plead not guilty yer 'onor. I never set no foot by Henderson's house.

Also bandwagony? There was only one other person voting for him at the time and I didn't even take notice of that post until after I had nearly completed mine! Besides, bandwagoning is a terrible tell. 90% of the time I see it done it's by lazy town and half the people who use it as a reason for lynching are scum.

Are you really that easy to win over with emotional appeals? I should remember that in the future when I'm playing as scum.

I'm dead set against a Lenglon lynch now. Unless she's composed of nothing but guts and brains and has a gambling problem, I can't see any way that she's scum.

Less sure on Nerjin, going to mull it over before moving my vote anywhere else.

Going to do another read tommorow, too tired to properly process right now.

...Okay guys.  I think that would have been a Lenglon lynch if I was being a tight-ass.  But I do agree that a 24 hour extend is far too short and we've had plenty of activity.  How would everybody feel if I extended Day 1 to the end of Friday?  It would be June 7th at 11pm EST.
This would be highly preferable.

Also, all you youngsters all type too fast... Grumbleageofcell phonesandtwittergrumble, grumbleI'm nowhere near the old enough to get to call you youngsters but I'm doing it anywaygrumble...
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01:29 am »

I lied. I couldn't stay away long enough to fall asleep.

I wouldn't do that. I've not devoted as much time as I should have to this game. I've played dreadfully. I plan to rectify that in the morning. I don't think anything's happening so I should have time to really get to the bottom of things this time.
I supremely doubt I'm going to see cracking this spectacular in the entire rest of the game.

Obviously you should not take this as a license to laze about and be useless. But I don't expect that of you (not the least of which because you still have to prove yourself to everyone else). You are passionate and take things quite seriously when you put your mind to it.

(Of course you also know me well enough to know that I never stop considering every possibility, so it's not like I'm going to just give you a free pass after all)

Phantom of the Library: I call your attack on Nerjin opportunistic and bandwagony. How do you plead?
I plead not guilty yer 'onor. I never set no foot by Henderson's house.

Also bandwagony? There was only one other person voting for him at the time and I didn't even take notice of that post until after I had nearly completed mine! Besides, bandwagoning is a terrible tell. 90% of the time I see it done it's by lazy town and half the people who use it as a reason for lynching are scum.
"Ya'll started a bandwagon, mister. I counts that as grounds fer a proper hangin 'round these parts." *spits and hits the spittoon dead-on*

Yes, okay, bandwagoning isn't a great charge. Still great for pressing people on, though.

Are you really that easy to win over with emotional appeals? I should remember that in the future when I'm playing as scum.
Many people have said this and yet no one has done it yet. In fact, the few times that people successfully discouraged me from relying on my gut, it turned out to be right.

In fact, many of the people who said this were scum. I think I'll go back and count the number of times this came up and then decide on that how much harder I should press my case on you.

Why make this criticism anyway? What was the point of pointing this out?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2013, 12:23:56 am »

I feel I need to expand on my last point a little bit:

Spoiler: Spoilered for Passion (click to show/hide)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 06, 2013, 12:25:44 am »

Hmm...I kind of regret that already because it sounds arrogant as all heck. But *shrug* I wrote it.

Now I really should go to bed before I do something even more embarassing.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 06, 2013, 12:26:26 am »

Like misspelling "embarrassing". Argh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 06, 2013, 01:52:48 am »

Y'all are cray-cray.

None at all, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever as you know.
I'm no expert, in fact I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever,
But then again I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever so take what I say with a grain of salt.
That and I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever... But onto your points:

Oh, get over yourself.

Now, seeing as lenglon just presented a reasonable and straightforward case on Deathsword I would like you to go over every point in her list and address it fully. Just try to defend your scum buddy. If you can't retaliate to her case then I am assuming that you are voting Lenglon for no strong reason either.

I don't understand the point of asking Nerjin to respond to points made by Lenglon against Deathsword. What does Nerjin have to do with any of that?

(Gonna UNVOTE right now. i don't have the time yet for a full post for a couple hours unfortunately but lets just say Lenglon has passed my test.)

You held your vote for two days, past one original deadline, only to remove it hours before another.

This was some test you were doing.

(Theory: The bullies have 2 ways to try and NK. The first is to enter a house and kill whoevers there. (random if more than one person is inside) The second is that if they want to target a specific player, they must either not be in a house, or the bullies must know which house they are currently in. I believe that the second option holds some merit but without some other evidence, its all guess work.)

You don't even know whether the NK acts any differently than in any other game. Why are you making this speculation?

(Okay, i'm going to be leaving in a minute and will be getting back right at the lynch time so lets see if i can complete this thought process)

"Nerjin-san, Heres my reasons for voting you. Your searching has been abysmal, your reasons for voting Lenglon-san aren't anywhere near good, (their similar to what i was doing as a test so i know what i'm talking about) and you've yet to show anything that would discourage my lynch vote on you, other than making it seem you want to leave. (Joker style) I thought you might shape up but you haven't at all."

Is everything a test with you? Have you no firm opinion about a player in the game? Have you so much confidence in your vote as a tool to make or break people?

Everything being a 'test' seems like a convenient excuse to cast your vote onto targets of most convenience.

Yes I did.

Is this the grand total of your case against me, that one post way back?

Jim, another day.

You can try.

"Totally worthless, Vecooster-san? That's very presumptive to say. I have discovered that players have vastly different expectations of the bully's powers at night, a fact that might be very telling once we find out what really does happen.

Yeah that's great.

Actually it's useless.

Did it help you find scum? No, because you're voting zombie urist for a totally unrelated issue. Hence my comment about it being a useless waste of space, much like yourself.

Have I made that comment yet, in those exact words? Well, I have now.

Also, you voted me before my questionnaire, so please don't try to dress up a weak case by adding things after the fact."

So I'm supposed to ignore everything you do after I cast my vote because that's not part of the original argument I made.

Yeah totally reasonable.

"um, I dont think Ford-senpai should answer your question Griff-san."

Why not?

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother

This band of brothers stuff is a little ridiculous.

If I was in either of your position and I were scum, I would be abusing the heck out of this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 06, 2013, 02:04:32 am »

"um, I dont think Ford-senpai should answer your question Griff-san."
Why not?
"At the time I thought that he had slipped and hinted at a rolepower."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 06, 2013, 09:58:42 am »

This post is to try something in Lurker Tracker.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 06, 2013, 10:47:23 am »

Internet's being spotty today so I'm going to have to do reads as I get to them:

Regarding the Griffin Players

Obviously there's an issue that Griffinpup replaced Griffionday however with just 6 posts from the latter this should be a non-issue.

Spoiler: My Notes in Full (click to show/hide)

On the whole I see the Griffin bros. (TM) as pretty solid town. I did notice a few inconsistencies. It's important to note that I used LurkerTracker starting from Toony's game opening post. So 0 = 1 for Griffionday and then I just went up from there. letters mean it's part of the same post. Now to address some issues:

@Griffinpup Why exactly are you voting Shinigami? It seems to me that by your definition that Lenglon has acted FAR more scummy.

Your case on Shinigami seems to boil down to his use of "Meta-Tells" from incomplete games unrelated to this one. However you ALSO say that voting to save yourself at the expense of town is really scummy and Lenglon does that. You actually voted her for this reason during that whole "Super-Vote Time" and then you changed your vote for no stated reason. Understandable as it was late. If you would be so kind as to elaborate on your vote that'd be dandy.

Onwards to my next read!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 06, 2013, 11:24:16 am »

(Okay, lets get through the chaos that was last night.)

Page 40: GriffyPup- They do feel like scum tells to me because Nerjin is not as bad a player as he's spouting to be. (Seriously, i'm worse than him) All my points show behaviour that makes it look like Nerjin is being annoying to the point where either we lynch him or ignore him. And terrible hunting from a non-newbie player is always a scum tell unless good reasons are given. (Like exam week)

Page 44: Vecooster (woah)- 1. I knew the Day would be extended atleast once, just didn't see it only adding a single day.
2. Better question is why not? The houses system (With us not knowing who owns which house and some of us don't even have one) gives a pretty big hint that NKs will not be the same. It also opens up a lot more options for role powers.
3. Isn't that what putting pressure on someone is though? A test to see their reaction and whether or not you should continue questioning them? And alone, no. A single vote with this many players won't make or break someone. And if it was for convenience, why didn't i just leave my vote on the player (Lenglon) who was more likely to get majority votes?

Nerjin: Why did you start throwing around the "worst mafia player ever" tag on yourself? You went so far as to put it under your avatar pic. And don't give a stupid answer like every other time. Also, how about giving use a few reads while your at it? (Other than Lenglon)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:11 am »

Nerjin: Why did you start throwing around the "worst mafia player ever" tag on yourself? You went so far as to put it under your avatar pic. And don't give a stupid answer like every other time. Also, how about giving use a few reads while your at it? (Other than Lenglon)

Because, according to Solifuge, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever. I got bitter. I think I'll keep it there.

Also: Look up.

I'm in the process of analyzing Death. Then I think I'll do Dariush before I take a break. I plan to get a read on everyone and stating any case I may have on them while asking questions.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 06, 2013, 11:32:22 am »

Nerjin is probably scum still, but back to Jim.

Jim Jim:
Yes I did.

Is this the grand total of your case against me, that one post way back?

It's the foundation on which your throne of lies sits.  But since we have more time...

Replacements favor the slot regardless of the original player's alignment, as any oddities can be dismissed as the previous player being weird.

Same post as the centerpiece.  It's just a reinforcement on the same theme (If I acted scummy it's because the Jim facet was acting like a goofball.  The Vector facet is in charge now and is totally town, yo.)

This post is a good example of you throwing around gentle poking "attacks" without real substance or follow-through. 

There's no valuable information in the RVS. This is almost definitional; if somebody slips up and gets crap for it, then that's the moment the RVS ends.

So when, assuming you think it did, did RVS end?

Combined with your other answers, this makes it seem like you're just putting in the minimal amount of effort to avoid outing yourself as scum.

Ironic because you're doing the same thing.  (PS:  Being lazy is scummy, not the hypocrisy part, before you throw that back at me.)

Riddle me this- how comparatively scummy are Nerjin, NQT, Ranger, and Solifuge?

Jim, another day.

You can try.

I will.

Tiruin:  What's your read of the vote shenanigans of the near-day end?  Solifuge, same question.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 06, 2013, 11:38:50 am »

Regarding Deathsword

Spoiler: My Notes on Death (click to show/hide)

He's sorta tunneling Lenglon, which doesn't mean much since I've done it as well. He posts, while infrequent, do have a lot of information in them. HOWEVER he's only a slight town read since he hasn't really said anything on anyone other than Lenglon. So Slight Town

@Deathsword

1. Why didn't you get on Shinigami more about misquoting you?

2. Have your views on Lenglon changed?

3. How do you feel about all the other players and why?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100