Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)  (Read 260308 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.07.0 Download (Sneak Attacks, April 2013)
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

Also, a couple minor visual bugs: When you first start a game, if you try to immediately activate your liberal, it says that they have made a large amount of money the previous day. Also, when activating liberals in bulk, there isn't enough room to print "engaging in liberal activism" and instead it wraps to the start of the next line.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:45:22 am by ed boy »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:41 pm »

What about CCS attacks on non-LCS sites?

That's a completely different system and is handled in news.cpp; I recently moved that code around a bit, but on my copy it's in the function "ccs_strikes_story" on line 1672, with the chance of it happening on line 1770.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2013, 05:11:01 pm »

Code: [Select]
A - Engaging in Liberal Activism
 B - Legal Fundraising
 C - Illegal Fundraising
 D - Make/Repair Clothing
 H - Heal Liberals
 S - Stealing a Car
 T - Teaching Other Liberals
 I - Tend to a Conservative hostage
 M - Move to the Free CLINIC
 Z - Dispose of bodies
 E - Equip this Liberal                 Enter - Confirm Selection
 X - Nothing for Now
I don't see the go to the university option but it works if i press L

edit: another bug:
I'm not sure if i took a $5k loan from the seattle bank or if i killed some people there.
Then I robed the other two banks, waited some months and ran out of money. The seattle bank still has high security
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:19:23 pm by seth-- »
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2013, 05:27:20 pm »

I don't think that is a bug. Banks keep high security for a very, very long time.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2013, 06:39:34 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask gameplay questions, but is there a way to abandon those liberals lame enough to get put in jail? Need more recruiting slots!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask gameplay questions, but is there a way to abandon those liberals lame enough to get put in jail? Need more recruiting slots!
What kind of a Liberal are you?

There is a chance that low-juice liberals will spill their guts, and they will no longer be part of the LCS. However, their superior will then be charges with racketeering.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »

There is a chance that low-juice liberals will spill their guts, and they will no longer be part of the LCS. However, their superior will then be charges with racketeering.

An efficient one! And alright, thanks for the help.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2013, 11:13:36 pm »

You can also remove liberals from the LCS (the same chance of low-Hearted ex-members ratting out) or even kill them (which is even worse, giving the boss -1 Heart or +1 Wisdom)don't even think of that in the Review and Reorganize screen.

In any way, liberals in jail, AFAIK, are still recruited. The better way would be to send them on a very risky mission, fighting the police at the first possible moment. The best way would, of course, be to send them on very important missions, raising Juice for themselves (and the boss) -- which, when hitting a certain level, would allow for an extra recruit. The bestest way would be to teach these members Persuasion and allow them to recruit, too.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2013, 11:30:00 pm »

Sending them to rob the bank vault can either get them all killed or you get mounds of cash.  Win-win for your case

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2013, 12:21:03 am »

I suppose you could disband for a month and if they're low Juice they won't be there when you reform. You might lost quite a few other liberals that way though.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:35 am »

Is there a post somewhere explaining the bonuses you get from different outfits?  In particular, are there any outfits which aid persuasion recruitment or seduction?

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2013, 09:55:32 am »

Is there a post somewhere explaining the bonuses you get from different outfits?  In particular, are there any outfits which aid persuasion recruitment or seduction?
The LCS wiki should answer many gameplay questions !!         
http://lcs.wikidot.com/

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »

Possible bug/gameplay weirdness: If your leader people are in prison, they can still execute people. Calvin just strangled a squad of clothiers at home while he was in jail.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2013, 12:06:58 am »

Only the LCS leader is that badass to escape from jail just to kill his members and return without anyone knowing

NikGreek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2013, 07:19:09 am »

Confirmed in 2 saves. When you release from jail in 4.07.1a, LCS members are not released. tried both releasing their floor and all floors in both cases. Also tried releasing oppressed. LCS members in jail are ignored.The message won't show. (The real jail, not the cells in police or court)Also the bug with enlightened who can recruit is visual. It says 0/0 recruits instead of can't recruit, but it stays 0/0 even with 600 juice.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27