Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911622 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2015, 10:52:47 am »

So the "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe" in the main folder?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2015, 01:00:18 pm »

The program cant start because fmodex.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Is fmodex.dll in the DF folder (the folder with Dwarf Fortress.exe)? What about fmod.dll?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2015, 05:56:21 pm »

It worked! Thanks for all the help guys, I have only one issue now. Its not that important but when I change the tileset to Maydays it changes but then a second later reverts back to the default. Thankfully its not ASCII but its just a...uh...well thingies. It doesn't matter too much but it might be a bug. Thanks!  ;D

EDIT: I just kept restarting and it worked!  :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:51:45 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Rhas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2015, 10:36:47 am »

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with Masterwork. I can't see the setting for the fortress civs, as seen on this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/i9ptGf8.jpg

I didn't think this was much of a problem, but now I can't build a research lab and the only explanation I can think of is that it may be deactivated in this config window, that I cant see.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:41:44 am by Rhas »

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CHANGELOGS!!! GET THEM HERE; WHILE THEY ARE HOT!!! FRESH CHANGELOGS!!!
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2015, 01:06:59 pm »

"made all animals trainable and tanning now gives leather amounts based on the creatures size" i could kiss you meth =D can we *breed* all animals/beasts too? xD

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:39 pm »

i could kiss you meth

Taking drugs, and sniffing glue can all cause serious damage to the human body.

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2015, 01:10:06 pm »

well im not as crazy as a Dwarf yet, sooo i have that going for me ;-)

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2015, 08:17:34 pm »

Please forgive my complete lack of knowledge, but what are the differences between MWDF and reborn? I'm currently playing Reborn and see a lot added and a lot missing IDK if reborn is a midway conversion to the new 40.24 or a new mod in general. I don't really need a 5 page explanation just a brief summery if you will. Thank you for your time.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2015, 09:20:27 pm »

made all animals trainable

Nice and clean food stuffs:

Creatures now give leather according to their size.
(this will be optional, once added to the GUI)

All creatures are now trainable.

Standardized bodyparts.
 - When you butcher an animal, you get "sliced meat/lung/heart/kidney chop".

Standardized bones.
 - When you butcher an animal, you still get "animal name bone"
 - As soon as it's used to make an item, it turns into "cleaned bone item"

- Weapons: whip (WHIP), large dagger (KNIFE), clubs (MACE), hatchets (AXE), mallets (HAMMER), machetes (SWORD), pointy sticks (SPEAR).

Added giant cave spider (yes, you read that right. Also:Venom & Silk)

Rephrase THIS. Replace "I" with "Meph"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2015, 04:16:47 am »

MASTERWORK REBORN IS V006. V1 would be a finished release.

This means, to make myself abundantly clear: It's NOT finished. It's very much work in progress.

That's why the Dwarf tab is blank, why half of the content is missing, etc. It's not a conversion of Masterwork to 40.x. It is a completely new mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2015, 10:09:41 am »

This means, to make myself abundantly clear: It's NOT finished. It's very much work in progress.

That's why the Dwarf tab is blank, why half of the content is missing, etc. It's not a conversion of Masterwork to 40.x. It is a completely new mod.

Awesome!! I have always loved your work keep it up. Also I will keep donating to the team for all your hard work ;D.

ManlyMeatMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2015, 09:20:34 pm »

I have a couple questions about this mod. First of all, I understand that Masterwork Reborn will be inferior to Masterwork v.6.2 for at least a while, simply because Reborn is a WiP, but do you have plans to make it as full of content as 6.2? I only ask this because I saw some where on here (don't remember what thread) that you said that this mod is smaller/simpler but I wasn't sure if you were talking about the mod in its current state or how the mod will be when it has most of its content added. My other question is about world gen in Reborn. In every world I gen, most fortress defense races die out fairly early, which is very unfortunate because I love all the added challenges they bring. I prefer to make my own world gen parameters because I like the world to be a little more random than the presets, so this question is more about the mechanics of world gen rather than any troubleshooting. I usually do under 100 years of history, but still end up with at most half the races still alive. Is it possible that I am putting too many civilizations in the game (like if there are too many civs, one race might have more civs than the others and be able to wipe everyone else out)? Any general tips would be helpful because I seem to be extremely good at wiping out half the world no matter what I do.

Edit: I should add that I know that Reborn will be fairly different from 6.2 because of new technical limitations as well as new design choices
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:37:44 pm by ManlyMeatMan »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2015, 09:44:33 pm »

Technical limitations are not really a concern. Any new technical limitations are either temporary or offset by much greater freedom in other areas.

As for amount of content... personally, I don't really think it's necessary for it to have that much. The way it's being made will allow you to merge other mods far more easily. Obviously Meph and whoever else will make whatever they want, but it being as full of content is irrelevant, as it can have content regardless of whether it's having content made for it specifically.

Also, hopefully the invader races I'm working on will be less likely to die, heheh.

ManlyMeatMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2015, 11:07:49 pm »

Technical limitations are not really a concern. Any new technical limitations are either temporary or offset by much greater freedom in other areas.

As for amount of content... personally, I don't really think it's necessary for it to have that much. The way it's being made will allow you to merge other mods far more easily. Obviously Meph and whoever else will make whatever they want, but it being as full of content is irrelevant, as it can have content regardless of whether it's having content made for it specifically.

Also, hopefully the invader races I'm working on will be less likely to die, heheh.
I was unaware they were focusing more on making it compatible with other mods. That seems like it will make modded dwarf fortress a much better experience overall. I also look forward to your new invader races. Anything to make the game harder is fine by me.

Also, I've been creating a few worlds using the preset parameters and it seems like the issue is just horrible luck. I genned 3 new world using geomagic preset and have been getting some interesting results. While I love the random aspects of Dwarf Fortress world gen, I feel like it needs some sort of cap on the civilization generation. The goblins were able to kill a third of the civilizations in the world (11 I believe) because of the 30 civs created, 7 were goblins. Dwarves and Gnomes got 1 civ each, Succubi got 0. All 7 Kobold civs managed to become extinct. I haven't played vanilla DF in a while, so I'm not sure if this is fairly normal, but there seems to be a fairly large luck factor involved in civ survival. While I like that any race can become extinct because it adds flavor, from a gameplay perspective, I wish there was some preset that created the world with all civs on even ground from a numbers stand point. It may also just be because of the early nature of Reborn. Some civs seem much better than others, specifically the kobold's inability to survive the first 50 years in any world I created (but that could also be luck).

Regardless, the whole mod team has done a phenominal job with Masterwork. You have somehow managed to make one of the most complex games in the world feel simple without MW.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2015, 03:28:43 am »

Newbie questions from a casual player (with prior experience in playing DF and some in MDF):

1. Is it stable?
2. Is the dwarf specific work complete? (Since kobolds have been started).

Also a nitpicky questions about the version numbering: why not call 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 instead of 0.000001
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 166