Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909700 times)

cedstonge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #795 on: May 17, 2016, 12:35:47 pm »

I dont know if this is normal but the game keep crashing sometime in the world gen other time about 1 hour in game ... i cant play for long untill it crash is there something i could do to avoid that

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 17, 2016, 12:40:50 pm »

EDIT: Something else. Is the Cloth Cutter for Kobolds broken currently? I have Clothesmaking active, and the raws say thats the labour, but my bolds and standing about just piddling about with no job, even though I have it lined up for them. Its not canceling. Its just not activating at all
the raws look fine, but the leather-armor reactions do use leatherworker skill.

Yeah, The others buildings work fine for Leather, Chitin, Scale, ect. But the Cloth cutter has had its same job queued up for a whole in game year now, and I have at least 4 kobolds with Clothesmaking. None of the Clothe Cutter Reactions are working.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 17, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »

Thought I'd note this down here because it might be an unintended interaction: Playing adventure mode as a Succubus I managed to acquire 2 slabs that are supposed to grant a couple of the *-mancers mod secrets (Pyromancy and Tyromancy) but when I read them nothing happens. I did a bit of investigating and testing and I think it's down to the fact the *-mancers mod secrets require the reader to be Mortal, but Sucubi don't have a max age and so don't qualify. I've done a bit of tinkering and got it so I can learn any of the secrets besides the ones I've read the slab for - no cheese webs for me, it seems :P

Would it be possible to send me the adv mode save? I'd like to investigate this.
Unfortunately I don't really have the save available anymore, but during my brief original testing it was happening in arena mode too so I don't think it was save-specific. As penance for not backing up my save I did some testing using arena mode for you.

I've confirmed that the problem is down to the Mortality issue and also worked out why I couldn't gain the powers after fixing the raws. When a Succubus reads a Mancers Secret slab they actually do learn the secret but because of the [IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] token in the Mancers interactions, combined with the fact Succubi have no Max Age and are therefore non-mortal (actually I didn't specifically test that it's to do with Max Age, I'm just assuming this part ^_^;), means that a Succubus learning the secret isn't granted the powers that come with it. It explains why I couldn't gain the powers from re-reading the slabs as my adventurer after editing the raws - she already knew the secrets so wasn't having them granted to her again. After editing the Mancers interactions to remove the [IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] tokens, Succubi can learn the secrets and gain the powers like they should (aside from the aforementioned funkiness concerning secrets they already 'know'). Basically, the problem is just down to a quirk in how the two mods interact when played with together, and with a quick edit to interaction_mancy it's easily fixed.

Here are my messy notes if you want to read them:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 17, 2016, 01:18:59 pm »

Thank you.

Dont forget that CTRL ALT S does a quicksave.

WHAT!? I've been typing quicksave like a filthy peasant. Lol. Thanks.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 17, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »

Meph, for the Kobolds, is it normal for them to be so brutally beaten down in World gen? I mean, compared to other races, I can never see the kobolds ever passing 1000 total population in Legends, with even the weakest of the Fortress defense raves outshining them in sheer population. Like, out of the six world gens I've done and exported to legends, after about 150 years, (with 75 Civs to account for multiple Defense races, and boosted Megabeasts/titans/ect. I hate worlds where they all die off too fast), Kobolds average about 750 final population. This is often half of the next least populous race. Is world gen simply not kind to them overall?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #800 on: May 17, 2016, 03:33:22 pm »

Let me think... a race that has a maximum age of 15 years, can only survive on bones/meat, and has the size of a dwarves leg.

Yep, I think its normal that they get beaten down into pulp.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 17, 2016, 04:11:13 pm »

I'd have thought the fact that they can breed so fast and often have huge litters of baby bolds would at least bring their population out of last place. :/

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 17, 2016, 11:04:42 pm »

I tried to create a new world and it just crashes at Finalizing Entities every time. It did this on the previous version too. I tried turning some mods off but, it's still going down. Any ideas?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #803 on: May 17, 2016, 11:21:15 pm »

I tried to create a new world and it just crashes at Finalizing Entities every time. It did this on the previous version too. I tried turning some mods off but, it's still going down. Any ideas?
In the first release the Fortress Defense races were broken; in 1.01 that is fixed. I had no other reports of issues in world generation or entities. Try genning a world with fortress defense races disabled. If that does not help, disable even more races in the gui.

But really, there should be nothing wrong with the entities if you are using 1.01.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mythologique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 17, 2016, 11:55:51 pm »

In the first release the Fortress Defense races were broken; in 1.01 that is fixed. I had no other reports of issues in world generation or entities. Try genning a world with fortress defense races disabled. If that does not help, disable even more races in the gui.

But really, there should be nothing wrong with the entities if you are using 1.01.

I got it working. I just erased all the DF stuff and started over. I had the newest version, just downloaded today but something must've gotten corrupted. Thanks for your time!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 18, 2016, 12:39:59 am »

Hrmn, just noticed, but do kobolds not have any access to bookcases, thus are unable to make Libraries?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 18, 2016, 01:53:31 am »

Alright, I got a save that is consistently crashing now. I've played 5 times off this save, and within 5-15 minutes every time it crashes. No idea why.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6a7clh75w33txz9/AAD01csaLUy1wubOH9C0vzDya?dl=0

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 18, 2016, 05:14:33 am »

Thought I'd note this down here because it might be an unintended interaction: Playing adventure mode as a Succubus I managed to acquire 2 slabs that are supposed to grant a couple of the *-mancers mod secrets (Pyromancy and Tyromancy) but when I read them nothing happens. I did a bit of investigating and testing and I think it's down to the fact the *-mancers mod secrets require the reader to be Mortal, but Sucubi don't have a max age and so don't qualify. I've done a bit of tinkering and got it so I can learn any of the secrets besides the ones I've read the slab for - no cheese webs for me, it seems :P

Would it be possible to send me the adv mode save? I'd like to investigate this.
Unfortunately I don't really have the save available anymore, but during my brief original testing it was happening in arena mode too so I don't think it was save-specific. As penance for not backing up my save I did some testing using arena mode for you.

I've confirmed that the problem is down to the Mortality issue and also worked out why I couldn't gain the powers after fixing the raws. When a Succubus reads a Mancers Secret slab they actually do learn the secret but because of the [IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] token in the Mancers interactions, combined with the fact Succubi have no Max Age and are therefore non-mortal (actually I didn't specifically test that it's to do with Max Age, I'm just assuming this part ^_^;), means that a Succubus learning the secret isn't granted the powers that come with it. It explains why I couldn't gain the powers from re-reading the slabs as my adventurer after editing the raws - she already knew the secrets so wasn't having them granted to her again. After editing the Mancers interactions to remove the [IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] tokens, Succubi can learn the secrets and gain the powers like they should (aside from the aforementioned funkiness concerning secrets they already 'know'). Basically, the problem is just down to a quirk in how the two mods interact when played with together, and with a quick edit to interaction_mancy it's easily fixed.

Here are my messy notes if you want to read them:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you for the investigations. I will add a MAXAGE of 2000 and see if it fixes the bug. This might also fix a blocking bug I have with the succubi's magic powers.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 18, 2016, 05:37:56 pm »

how do i get more succubi babies if they are all girls

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »

A few are incubi. It's just at 10 to 1 or so.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 166