Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911449 times)

Morat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #780 on: May 15, 2016, 05:57:39 am »

I have a bug to report on Brownies. Brownies purchased on embark work fine, but Brownies purchased from traders or born in the fort cannot be assigned any kind of labor either in game or through Dwarf Therapist (unless you turn on the cheating options) because they are considered non-citizens.

At least I thought that was the bug, but after searching the thread in case someone had already reported this, maybe the bug is that I was able to assign arbitrary labors to the initial Brownies?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 15, 2016, 09:38:13 am »

I sold an Awakened Marble that was in a cage and my Broker literally burst into flames. Bug? Intentional? I laughed really hard regardless.
That's not the intended behavior... unless it was an Awakened Marble Magma.  Those are on fire.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 15, 2016, 10:11:13 am »

I sold an Awakened Marble that was in a cage and my Broker literally burst into flames. Bug? Intentional? I laughed really hard regardless.
?

I was under the impression that dwarves take selling an "awakened marble cage" literally, and only carry the cage to the broker to sell it. Did that change, can you sell pets now?

Do you have a save from before?
Uh, no. No save from before.

I managed to catch one because it immediately ran past his related miner and into some cage traps, and then gave him away as an offering to the dwarven caravan for that year - I really didn't want him around. I think maybe something went horribly wrong because I have the Earth Fights Back mod disabled, but I'm still on a world with all the relevant gems and spawning stuff - I still get Wyrms and Awakened Stone. There's an Awakened Marble on my 'Missing' tab and his name is rapidly glowing red/yellow.

That's not the intended behavior... unless it was an Awakened Marble Magma.  Those are on fire.
Negatory. Normal Awakened Marble. Oddly the fire didn't spread to the wooden trade depot or the grass or anything. the Marble just kind of detonated instantly and took my trader with him, and then I watched the fire die down. No animals freaked out, no traders fled - They temporarily abandoned all their goods and I thought I was just watching a blazing inferno and then it just went out after about 20 seconds.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:15:12 am by Duane »

Morat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 15, 2016, 10:41:20 am »

I have the Earth Fights Back mod disabled, but I'm still on a world with all the relevant gems and spawning stuff - I still get Wyrms and Awakened Stone. There's an Awakened Marble on my 'Missing' tab and his name is rapidly glowing red/yellow.

Are you sure? Because I've noticed that the launcher has a slight problem where it always turns that on by default. So if you open the launcher, fill out all your preferences, and then create a world, it will work fine, but if you open up the launcher again and create a world without changing anything, it will have Earth Fights Back turned on.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 16, 2016, 12:53:43 am »

Not sure if this is something you addressed Meph, but I'm Not sure if all the random Creatures Mats are being Standardized. In Kobold embark menu, I can buy trap lamb wool gloves, and teachereye behemoth spider gloves, and such things

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #785 on: May 16, 2016, 01:17:44 am »

Not sure if this is something you addressed Meph, but I'm Not sure if all the random Creatures Mats are being Standardized. In Kobold embark menu, I can buy trap lamb wool gloves, and teachereye behemoth spider gloves, and such things
Of course they are not. ^^ I standardized all creatures in the MasterworkDF mod. The random creatures are part of another mod, "Knight Otus Random Raws".

I'm not sure yet how much I should alter mods I add... first of all I'm not the original author, and it makes them harder to update.

The random creatures are a bit different of course, Knight Otu didnt actually write them, only the script that made them, but still... my point stands.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 16, 2016, 10:01:39 am »

Thought I'd note this down here because it might be an unintended interaction: Playing adventure mode as a Succubus I managed to acquire 2 slabs that are supposed to grant a couple of the *-mancers mod secrets (Pyromancy and Tyromancy) but when I read them nothing happens. I did a bit of investigating and testing and I think it's down to the fact the *-mancers mod secrets require the reader to be Mortal, but Sucubi don't have a max age and so don't qualify. I've done a bit of tinkering and got it so I can learn any of the secrets besides the ones I've read the slab for - no cheese webs for me, it seems :P

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 16, 2016, 10:22:19 am »

Alright, I'm having no idea whats going on in my current game. I'm not even through my first game, and I've had to pull up a seasonal autosave three times already for my kobold fort. I'm going at 0.25x speed so I can get a good feel for the new stuff, and every summer, a few months in a get a crash. I thought at first it was something to do with random creatures mod, and that I would just need to keep re-rolling basically, but the last crash happened while I was in the middle of the menu Screen. Dfhack is not showing anything different, though I'm getting alot of passive lua errors, though I'm assuming at this point alot of folks are right now

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #788 on: May 16, 2016, 12:23:40 pm »

Alright, I'm having no idea whats going on in my current game. I'm not even through my first game, and I've had to pull up a seasonal autosave three times already for my kobold fort. I'm going at 0.25x speed so I can get a good feel for the new stuff, and every summer, a few months in a get a crash. I thought at first it was something to do with random creatures mod, and that I would just need to keep re-rolling basically, but the last crash happened while I was in the middle of the menu Screen. Dfhack is not showing anything different, though I'm getting alot of passive lua errors, though I'm assuming at this point alot of folks are right now
Do you have any saves from before the crash? It really sounds like some dfhack is throwing crashes around, bets are on either TESB or TWBT.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 16, 2016, 01:51:09 pm »

Do you have any saves from before the crash? It really sounds like some dfhack is throwing crashes around, bets are on either TESB or TWBT.

On my fifth try now, and all seems well. I'm all the way to winter and almost a whole year through with no crashes. I think a good chunk of the crashes I had could be chocked up mostly towards some creature or another coming onto the map that gave DF a bit of indigestion. I'll post up a save soon as I'm on my comp again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #790 on: May 16, 2016, 04:23:41 pm »

Thank you.

Dont forget that CTRL ALT S does a quicksave.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 16, 2016, 07:25:49 pm »

Here is a link to the save game that kept crashing on me. I'm still getting crashes now, but its less frequent.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1f0xawrte6cnabq/AAAQV260a3BVqQmxVhZxH0b4a?dl=0

EDIT: Something else. Is the Cloth Cutter for Kobolds broken currently? I have Clothesmaking active, and the raws say thats the labour, but my bolds and standing about just piddling about with no job, even though I have it lined up for them. Its not canceling. Its just not activating at all
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:48:45 pm by chaosfiend »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 17, 2016, 08:40:15 am »

Turkeys (again/still, since Reborn) lay enough eggs for any fortress to be an easy Omeletville. 

I’m still working my way through understanding the many changes in the latest release; would another Tips & Tricks thread be useful? Lurking and waiting for teachable moments on a ☼Masterwork☼ community fort has been kind of disappointing.

For me it’s not that interesting anymore, since I have done a lot of changes on the mod since then, I rather test-play current versions. :/

“Slight overkill” with the contagion of preta ghosts, he says.  Breaching a cavern early with “all options on, Earth Strikes Back!”  =  much !FUN! but not so much instruction other than of the ‘don’t do this’ variety …
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 17, 2016, 11:05:18 am »

Thought I'd note this down here because it might be an unintended interaction: Playing adventure mode as a Succubus I managed to acquire 2 slabs that are supposed to grant a couple of the *-mancers mod secrets (Pyromancy and Tyromancy) but when I read them nothing happens. I did a bit of investigating and testing and I think it's down to the fact the *-mancers mod secrets require the reader to be Mortal, but Sucubi don't have a max age and so don't qualify. I've done a bit of tinkering and got it so I can learn any of the secrets besides the ones I've read the slab for - no cheese webs for me, it seems :P

Would it be possible to send me the adv mode save? I'd like to investigate this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #794 on: May 17, 2016, 11:20:04 am »

EDIT: Something else. Is the Cloth Cutter for Kobolds broken currently? I have Clothesmaking active, and the raws say thats the labour, but my bolds and standing about just piddling about with no job, even though I have it lined up for them. Its not canceling. Its just not activating at all
the raws look fine, but the leather-armor reactions do use leatherworker skill.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 166