Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909705 times)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th September
« Reply #1380 on: October 05, 2016, 01:26:15 pm »

Ugh, this is such a pain in the rear, cause I know kobolds are SUPPOSED to be weak and short lived as they are, but it just grinds at me that a race that is supposed to breed so quickly, their numbers remain among the lowest at the end of the day in world Gen.
We will have to bug it to Meph but it will be better if we provide him with a solution :)

I just genned a few fresh worlds with Meph's Geomagic setup and appear to have plenty of kobolds:

Civilized World Population

232 Dwarves
   480 Elves
   22110 Goblins
   2099 Humans
   17237 Kobolds
   9967 Orcs
   12697 White tigermen
   11289 Ferric elves
   11125 Pandashi

Total: 87236

When I look down the list of locations, there appear to be plenty of 'bold civ locations alive.  Is it a world params issue?  I ran history 150 years, so that's 10 'bold generations or so.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 05, 2016, 01:37:12 pm »

Oh i have another small question

If i retire my current human fort to go adventuring for a bit, will the AI make any serious changes to the layout of the town? It is a bunch of above ground buildings surrounded by a high wooden pallisade. Will they start shaping it to look like the default dorf mountain home, will they start making it like a standard human town, or will the AI just not build anything

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 05, 2016, 04:17:52 pm »

Oh i have another small question

If i retire my current human fort to go adventuring for a bit, will the AI make any serious changes to the layout of the town? It is a bunch of above ground buildings surrounded by a high wooden pallisade. Will they start shaping it to look like the default dorf mountain home, will they start making it like a standard human town, or will the AI just not build anything
They will build nothing, and if you didn't put a lair tag on your site with DF hack, anything that you built that isn't a room will deconstructed and scattered.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 05, 2016, 04:51:43 pm »

Wait seriously? Why does that happen?

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 06, 2016, 10:29:43 am »

Got some more human mode woes. About 3-4 years into my human fort, still have not been advanced as a settlement. Summertime, caravan comes around but it seems way too small, like there is one or two wagons and one pack animal. The whole time they are at my depot i get the "sorry we are still unpacking" message, even right up until they leave. Oh well, no trading for me this year i guess.

Another year passes, but this time summer goes by and still no caravan. My human civ has one of its gods for a king and i really really want him to move in but if we dont get any more caravans we can never grow which is horribly depressing.

Is there any hope that it will come in later years or am i just fucked?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1385 on: October 06, 2016, 10:41:03 am »

Wait seriously? Why does that happen?
As far as I know, nothing substantive happens. There is no AI in the sense you are thinking. Stuff happens at a civilization level, but nothing will change regarding constructions at the site. If you retire a fortress for a year or a hundred years and return you will find no changes to the layout or structure. The goods may be scattered and the people different however.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 06, 2016, 01:15:31 pm »

There's problem with the MayDay tileset, it makes Hidden Amber Opal into a layer stone.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 06, 2016, 01:59:08 pm »

There's problem with the MayDay tileset, it makes Hidden Amber Opal into a layer stone.
Hidden Amber Opal (and all the other Hidden Gems) are supposed to be invisible before being mined... thus the name Hidden.

Or do you mean the mined rough gems look like boulders?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 06, 2016, 03:48:33 pm »

Hidden Amber Opal (and all the other Hidden Gems) are supposed to be invisible before being mined... thus the name Hidden.

No I mean I channeled down ~5 z levels looking for clay and found a layer made primarily of Hidden Amber Opal, digging around it more left Hidden Amber Opal floors and enough loose gems I'd probably have triggered a higher-level siege if I didn't quit the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 06, 2016, 05:32:42 pm »

No I mean I channeled down ~5 z levels looking for clay and found a layer made primarily of Hidden Amber Opal, digging around it more left Hidden Amber Opal floors and enough loose gems I'd probably have triggered a higher-level siege if I didn't quit the game.
That sounds like a duplicated raws problem.  Hidden Amber Opal is the first hidden gem, which makes it the most likely to suffer from confusion with a very different material.  I spun up a test world using MW's defaults and looked at Hidden Amber Opal with DFHack, and I don't see any of the flags that would allow it to be a layer material.  The material immediately before Hidden Amber Opal is Fire Clay, which is a soil that could form layers but would not leave behind boulders or rough gems.

What combination of settings were you using in this world? (Edit: Or could you upload the save to DFFD?)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:34:31 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1390 on: October 06, 2016, 05:44:43 pm »

Duplicate raws... I'd guess is PEAT. Please post your error log.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 06, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »

That sounds like a duplicated raws problem.  Hidden Amber Opal is the first hidden gem, which makes it the most likely to suffer from confusion with a very different material.  I spun up a test world using MW's defaults and looked at Hidden Amber Opal with DFHack, and I don't see any of the flags that would allow it to be a layer material.  The material immediately before Hidden Amber Opal is Fire Clay, which is a soil that could form layers but would not leave behind boulders or rough gems.

What combination of settings were you using in this world? (Edit: Or could you upload the save to DFFD?)

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12487

EDIT: Where would I find the error log?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1392 on: October 06, 2016, 08:10:48 pm »

dwarf fortress folder, its called errorlog.txt.

Edit: As I thought, duplicate PEAT. My mistake. :(

Open \raw\objects\inorganic_stone_soil.txt, find INORGANIC:PEAT, delete it, gen a new world.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:13:03 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 06, 2016, 08:32:11 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12487

EDIT: Where would I find the error log?
If you pesk around in the files section where you can access and alter the Raws, there should be both a game log and an error log floating around there somewhere. These are both notepad documents, and they should be easy to find if you look for them by the names gamelog or errorlog respectively.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 08, 2016, 01:26:22 pm »

So, elves do not bring thread or cloth anymore, or is it just me? Wow they are completely useless now. Also, no boxed bulk goods in this version? I loved ordering things in bulk, that was a great system.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 166