Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911476 times)

Ph.D Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1560 on: December 11, 2016, 10:34:17 pm »

I've narrowed it down a bit. In the latest version for me, having more than 3 races checked for "invasion" causes the crash. Using something other than TWBT circumvents the issue a bit, but it sometimes crashes during world gen.

Valdemor1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 12, 2016, 09:08:49 am »

Please tell me how to solve the problem when the text is converted into colored blocks. I think that this is due twbt, but the solution to this problem can not be found.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 12, 2016, 09:44:20 am »

Please tell me how to solve the problem when the text is converted into colored blocks. I think that this is due twbt, but the solution to this problem can not be found.
I've narrowed it down a bit. In the latest version for me, having more than 3 races checked for "invasion" causes the crash. Using something other than TWBT circumvents the issue a bit, but it sometimes crashes during world gen.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161844.0

a current work around for all the crashes.  I've already used it with just about every mod turned on and it works fine.  even twbt with multilevel on.

basic instructions about half way through that post...
in the MW launcher go to  Open(upper left) → Utilities → Large Address Aware → Select Dwarf Fortress.exe and check the box.  Should allow the DF to use as much ram as it can get access to on your system (its generally boxed in at 2GB) here's an image of the utility:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:51:59 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Valdemor1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:27 am »

Many thanks for your help

Kebab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:15 pm »

Thank you, man. No, really. Thanks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 12, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »

Should allow the DF to use as much ram as it can get access to on your system (its generally boxed in at 2GB) here's an image of the utility:

It'll increase the limit from 2GB (on Windows) to 3-4GB. There's no way it can use more than 4GB, so if you hit that, DF will still crash.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Valdemor1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 12, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »

Should allow the DF to use as much ram as it can get access to on your system (its generally boxed in at 2GB) here's an image of the utility:

It'll increase the limit from 2GB (on Windows) to 3-4GB. There's no way it can use more than 4GB, so if you hit that, DF will still crash.
However, it decided my problem, now everything works fine.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 12, 2016, 09:27:47 pm »

Hey, I gota quick question, is the wood splitting block a dwarf only thing? I'm just starting a human fortress and (despite the manual saying otherwise) I'm seemingly unable to make a wood splitting block.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 13, 2016, 01:37:37 am »

Hey, I gota quick question, is the wood splitting block a dwarf only thing? I'm just starting a human fortress and (despite the manual saying otherwise) I'm seemingly unable to make a wood splitting block.

I THINK that wood splitting might be part of the Carpenters Guild buildings or something like that. At least, that's where I'd put that reaction.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:15 am »

i know this will sound stupid but,how do you play with the asci tileset in MWDF?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:36 am »

I THINK that wood splitting might be part of the Carpenters Guild buildings or something like that. At least, that's where I'd put that reaction.

Aye, I suppose the sawmill would be it? Darn, I was hoping I could start with the ability to make building materials before I had to make a building. Will the sawmill produce smooth wooden planks? Or rough ones? I'm looking though the raws but I can't figure it out.

I suppose that I could take the building and reactions from the dwarf civ raws and put them into the human raws, although I guess that would require a regen? If I can sorta just awkwardly sell a billion wood and quickly bang together a carpenters guild, I guess I'll do that. nope, need mechanisms and giant sawblades and shit. Fuck. It's somewhat annoying that the race one naturally expects to make large amounts of wooden buildings can't easily make large amounts of wooden buildings.

i know this will sound stupid but,how do you play with the asci tileset in MWDF?

This isn't a stupid question, it's surprisingly hard. I'm not expert, in theory swapping the tileset to ASCII 8x12 works? In practice I've found that that doesn't actually work, and what I've had to do is go into MasterworkDwarfFortress\graphics and delete all the graphics... Which caused the game to sorta bug out a bit for me... So I put them back in, but then after that I was able to play with the ASCII set (and even then the colors are fucked the first time I load the game.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 10:17:40 am by Criptfeind »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 13, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »

well in some of our cases.... 4GB would require everything else on our computers including the OS to shut down lol.... but I understand your point, its a work around until we can sort out the memory issues, and see whats throwing us into the 2GB+ range...

everyone else pretty much nailed it... dwarves got the wood splitting block and humans got the stone splitting block (which doesn't totally make sense to me, but I roll with the punches).  Humans get the sawmill guild extension in the carpenter guild, which does basically the same thing.  Dwarves never get a stone splitter.  It gets worse for the other races... although succubus have this wonderful set of buildings that use magma to produce all the stone and brick you want, as long as you want slade... orcs get a sawmill that requires a slave too build, and I think a stone splitter with the same problem, and an elf shop that makes grown wood, in exchange for food... kobolds can't mine stone(if your playing it with the block mining setup provided for them)

but over all my preferred stone block method for dwarves,succubus, and orcs is a magma brick oven.... you get the color you want, you can put in any stone, it costs nothing but the stone, and the "bricks" are magma safe... even if their initial stone was gypsum, or whatever.... the worst problem about it is making sure you select the stone you want to be used in the oven, it can use just about any rock, and you may not want to loose flux stones or anything else to build a wall.

@Criptfeind and anyone else running just ascii graphics.... I would much appreciate it if one of you came up with a full set of instructions on how to modify MW to capable to run in ascii...  I think I want to play adventure mode soon, and the tilesets always seem to cause so many issues in adv mode.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 13, 2016, 09:59:42 pm »

@Criptfeind and anyone else running just ascii graphics.... I would much appreciate it if one of you came up with a full set of instructions on how to modify MW to capable to run in ascii...  I think I want to play adventure mode soon, and the tilesets always seem to cause so many issues in adv mode.

Sorry. I don't really have a good answer here.  :-\

The step by step process I went though to play ASSCI might work for you but it's so fucking weird and doesn't actually work well to the point I sorta have doubts... Step by step what I did:

Play a bit in the masterwork tileset
Delete my world
Swap to ASCII 8x12
Play
Delete my world
Delete all the tilesets
Play
Delete my world
Restore all the tilesets
Swap to ASCII 8x12

Then the final step I have to do to make it work on ascii every time I start a play session: Load a save, quit back to main menu, and then load the save again.

This makes the ascii appear in the right color, although it doesn't allow me to zoom in all the way (which makes it somewhat uncomfortable to play to be honest, I'm used to playing at max zoom)

So uh. Basically my way is broken as fuck and doesn't actually work totally still.

Edit: Also not every tile is correct.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 10:09:28 pm by Criptfeind »

Skald359

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 14, 2016, 07:02:28 pm »

Not sure where else to put the bug report.

Playing 43.03, Masterwork 1.22, and it turns out my rockforge isn't picky about which rocks it forges - it's just turned out a few menacing hematite spikes, and yes, hematite is reserved economic.

Skald359

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 14, 2016, 07:35:26 pm »

Hi, everyone!

I'm playing Masterwork 1.22, in fortress mode as dwarves, and I'm not sure how to unlock my magma workshops. Any pointers?
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 166