Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 21095 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Gimme an extension. Palazzo drunk.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

Is twelve hours enough to survive the hangover?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wunderbar, Mister Zirkusmeister.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, Akhier. Saved by being too fatigued to run away.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

It was an interesting fight. I managed to hold out decently early on and then at the very end it devolved into your guys trying to hit my pretender and my castle walls taking a few of your undead out occasionally.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

I would ask if you wanted to share your story with the class, but it looks like Akhier already did for you I guess I'm glad you lost that battle. Sound like Akhier took a stationary pretender. Did il Palazzo lose anything nice? :P

At any rate, sorry to intrude on the game but I'm looking for a sub in round 10, which I also admin. (No need to read the rest of the paragraph if you're not interested, i suppose, but I think you will be interested in this position). MA Ermor has been staling the few turns (and some players suspect he'd been sending in empty turns before that), and they're in a war, though they haven't been losing too much territory recently. Ermor's advantage, though, is gems. Shitloads of gems. Well over one thousand fucking gems. Ever wanted to experiment with the lategame? The world is your oyster. With Tartarians (easily accessed by MA Ermor) you have access to every path in the game. It would be a crime to let this position go unfulfilled, because the AI can't use gems nearly as effectively as humans. Though I think ay other details pale in comparison to the truckload of gems Ermor has, feel free to PM me if you want more details. Likewise, if you want to sub in, please PM me or post in the Round 10 thread.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:14:55 pm by Darkwind3 »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would ask if you wanted to share your story with the class, but it looks like Akhier already did for you I guess I'm glad you lost that battle. Sound like Akhier took a stationary pretender. Did il Palazzo lose anything nice? :P
No, he did not have a stationary pretender. His Jade Emperor had an astral shield on, and ~200 fatigue when every other Udostian either died or fled and the general rout was sounded. But due to the fatigue, he couldn't move, so what remained of my dust walkers surrounded him and started to slowly chip away at his 300 hp and getting paralysed in the process, while the castle defences were taking potshots. Some ten turns and half his health later they finally broke and fled too.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

Ah. I had figured that, since stationary pretenders are pretty damn difficult to destroy and also can't really move, that might have been it. It sounds like Akhier's pretender just had a boatload of hitpoints and cast a big spell instead. I never actually bothered to look for anyone else's pretenders, so that serves me it seems.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

New patch for Dom3 is out and all future turns will need it. You can get it near the bottom of this page. Don't worry, the patch works fine as I did my latest turn in round 14 with it and it worked just fine. I don't know how it will work with any turn in progress so its probably better to finish any standing turns and submit them before updating and see what happens.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty, Akhier. I suppose you're going to leave the management of your last province to the AI. Thanks for staying to the bitter end.

Darkwind & Bluerobin: how's your fighting spirit? Do you want to continue, or do you want to call it a day?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm good to go either way. I've got some SCs coming that might be neat to try out, but I don't care that much.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

I'm fine with continuing, I don't think the writing is on the wall quite yet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sent my turn in and the email definitely sent, but it's not confirming. I should be able to resend it tomorrow before it processes, but... I guess just in case, I wanted to let you guys know I tried sending it in.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two things: First, it turns out the AI can do some neat spell casting sometimes. Like the random N3 mage that I had hanging around charming a Roc that got a bit too close for comfort.

Second, I'm going to need a pause for the weekend for a camping trip. I'll be gone from early Saturday morning until late Monday night EDT (GMT-4). I'll be able to submit a turn tomorrow probably, but after that I'll be away for three days essentially. Sorry. :-\

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urgh, what a half-arsed assault.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13