Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126461 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2190 on: January 21, 2015, 02:56:33 pm »

What do you mean by "type"?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Childeric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: January 21, 2015, 04:42:50 pm »

Reputation scan also tends to take out the utilities and DFHack, as they have few(er) individual downloads or 'suspicious behavior', same fix.

May I make a little joke? The most suspicious behaviour here is the way Norton works ;)

Crust13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: January 21, 2015, 09:29:13 pm »

The menu type.  The fonts. 

http://i.imgur.com/ZOCVklO.png
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:44:04 pm by Crust13 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: January 22, 2015, 03:57:31 am »

Oh vmware.
a, Set print mode to 2D.
b, Figure out how to enable hardware acceleration/opengl drivers.

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: January 22, 2015, 05:38:24 am »

Hi,

I played dwarf fortress for about a week now, and started on Masterwork DF due to a Youtube Video, until I realized that it used the old version of the game. So I downloaded this pack and nearly searched my fingers bloody because for some reason I couldn't toggle DFHacks box select in the designations menu (ALT-M). I tried remapping the key in the DFhacks.ini but for some reason it doesn't work (There is only one ALT+M key listed and remapping it does squat). So I searched and searched going insane, laughing maniacally and all that. Masterwork DF worked just fine, so what is it?

After a while I wanted to press some other ALT related key in some other menu, I don't remember. I didn't think anything of it just "Ah great that doesn't work either", playing on like the stubborn dwarfs I command.

Well until today when I loaded up the game again, and the answer stared me in the face. Quickfort. Quickfort with its nice tooltip. I closed it, everything was fine.
So QF for some reason intercepts the ALT related keys.
And yeah I know I searched this topic before it already came up with ALT+W and the workflow. But the reason I didn't find it in my search is because I searched for ALT-M and Box select DFhack not working, so I guess it never came up. So the reason why I am posting this is in hopes to make the search for somebody else less frustrating. (And I felt like I searched EVERYWHERE! Forums, bug lists, known Issues you name it!)

I guess it must be a recent issue because DFHacks "mousequery: Changed box-select key to Alt+M" was from 5. January 2015 https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/NEWS

So thats about it, again I hope it helps somebody and it felt good to write it down somehow^^
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:41:50 am by Durin01 »

oldwindways

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: January 22, 2015, 05:48:52 am »

I can sympathize; I ran into this issue the first time I tried the starter pack.  Glad to hear you were able to stick with it long enough to discover the culprit.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: January 22, 2015, 08:36:07 am »

The box-select keybinding was changed because the old one (m) conflicted with a control added in 0.40.20. The only Alt-M keybinding in dfhack.init is
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Alt-M@dwarfmode/Default "dwarfmonitor prefs"which is a binding that invokes dwarfmonitor in the main fortress mode view.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Absle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: January 22, 2015, 09:56:42 am »

Anybody know the current state of the 40.24 release for the Starter Pack?

Crust13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: January 22, 2015, 12:15:12 pm »

Oh vmware.
a, Set print mode to 2D.

thank you.  I think the problem will be solved if I update my java. 

Ostar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: January 22, 2015, 12:57:42 pm »

Oh vmware.
a, Set print mode to 2D.

Not just VMWare. It happens to me on my Windows laptop and I have mentioned it at least two times in this thread in the past. Changing the Print Mode to 2D does fix it.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:13 pm »

Oh vmware.
a, Set print mode to 2D.

Not just VMWare. It happens to me on my Windows laptop and I have mentioned it at least two times in this thread in the past. Changing the Print Mode to 2D does fix it.
In that case: update your gpu driver.

Ostar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: January 22, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »

Oh vmware.
a, Set print mode to 2D.

In that case: update your gpu driver.

Nope, sorry. That's not the issue either. I'm obsessive about up-to-date drivers. I think it's specific to laptops, because it happens with two different model laptops but not with any desktops I use.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: January 22, 2015, 03:11:56 pm »

I played dwarf fortress for about a week now, and started on Masterwork DF due to a Youtube Video

can you link me that video

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: January 22, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »

sure thing, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKh-vzXI8o&list=PLH-huzMEgGWARVIxD3GT_5b5bSCnvS1u6
the first Video is from March 2013.
It is nice, since he explaines a lot of the basic things so you can get started.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: January 22, 2015, 03:37:09 pm »

I've been using PyLNP but for some reason goblin invasions ceased to arrive. The other day I think I stumbled upon the reason in a thread: to get a manageable FPS and crew count I've dialed down pop cap/strict pop cap in the GUI to 50/80 (and I've never reached 80 because of very slow reproduction rates). According to the wiki description of the variables (PROGRESS_TRIGGER_<POP/PROD/TRADE>_SIEGE in entity_*.txt), invasions start to happen when you reach a pop of 80 [*POP*=3], and is unaffected by generated or exported wealth [variables=0, i.e. off] unless you change the associated variables. Since messing with the variables is probably beyond the scope of PyLNP, I would recommend a warning when pop cap is dialed down below 80 (possibly with a reference to the wiki or the variables for the daring users).
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 385