Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122691 times)

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3330 on: February 14, 2016, 03:54:21 am »

I'll be honest, the main thing I'm interested in from .06 is the ability to move all of my caged prisoners again. I've got the remains of two goblin sieges and a ton of animal people sitting in a stockpile right now.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: February 14, 2016, 11:26:23 am »

I'm a bit confused since the version included in the starter pack is 0.40.24. Are certain parts of the pack compatible with more recent versions (most importantly DT) or do newer versions not work at all?

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: February 14, 2016, 11:28:57 am »

40.24 is the "stable" version of the pack. The newest versions of the game have a bunch of changes to them, so the plug-ins aren't 100% complete yet and may cause crashes that make the pack unsuitable for newer players.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: February 14, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »

I'm a bit confused since the version included in the starter pack is 0.40.24. Are certain parts of the pack compatible with more recent versions (most importantly DT) or do newer versions not work at all?

The version included in the "stable" pack is 40.24. The "cutting edge" pack (link in first sentence below main "Download Here" link in original post) currently contains version 42.05.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: February 14, 2016, 05:16:07 pm »

Another update, another wait for the mods to catch up.  Such is the brutal cycle of the Starter Pack....  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Blue McRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: February 14, 2016, 06:41:43 pm »

Another update, another wait for the mods to catch up.  Such is the brutal cycle of the Starter Pack....  :'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: February 15, 2016, 07:32:21 am »

If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: February 15, 2016, 09:01:08 am »

I think I goofed up some graphics setting for a game under 42.05. Trying to reset back to default graphics (Phoebus).

I reinstalled the whole SP over top of existing, overwrite all files. From the launcher...Graphics-update saved games..but says it can't/won't because it may mess up the saved game.

Where can I find the manual/over-ride so I can do it anyway? (yes, I have a backup, and I'm willing to lose this site anyway...kind of boring w/ no goblinite, only a few were-beasts)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: February 15, 2016, 09:07:28 am »

I think I goofed up some graphics setting for a game under 42.05. Trying to reset back to default graphics (Phoebus).

I reinstalled the whole SP over top of existing, overwrite all files. From the launcher...Graphics-update saved games..but says it can't/won't because it may mess up the saved game.

Where can I find the manual/over-ride so I can do it anyway? (yes, I have a backup, and I'm willing to lose this site anyway...kind of boring w/ no goblinite, only a few were-beasts)

Please never just unzip over the old pack - it breaks stuff, that's why we've written so much careful code to do it properly.

There is no override, if you want PyLNP to install graphics you'll have to fix the problem (sincerely, good luck).  If you want to break the save further, you'll have to do that manually.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: February 15, 2016, 12:20:41 pm »

Hmmm. I did set the graphics initially through PyLNP...in the sense that I suspect I clicked a button or two in the color scheme section by accident.  So there's no way to "reset graphics to default" ore "reset color scheme" within the launcher (and have it pass the safety control?)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: February 15, 2016, 02:00:22 pm »

I would try to unpack the whole LNP in a new folder, copy the save, and try to get PyLNP to adjust the color scheme and tile set.

If it seems to works, you're probably back on thicker ice, and if it doesn't you've lost some time. Unpacking a new pack on top of the old one should mess up the "normal" files only, not the instances stored within your save since the LNP doesn't contain any save. Tile set changes of the saves obviously messes with your save, so you may have imported corruption that way, though.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: February 15, 2016, 09:39:42 pm »

Hmmm. I did set the graphics initially through PyLNP...in the sense that I suspect I clicked a button or two in the color scheme section by accident.  So there's no way to "reset graphics to default" ore "reset color scheme" within the launcher (and have it pass the safety control?)

Color scheme is outside your save, so that's not part of the problem.  The launcher very deliberately lacks any option that we can forsee might break saves; we're pretty sure it's possibly via the mods tab but we want to make it as hard as possible.

You might be able to recover by copying your save to a fresh copy of the PyLNP, deleting .../raw/installed_raws.txt, and reinstalling graphics.  Or maybe not, I don't really know.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: February 16, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »

Still having problems with my Logitech mouse profile not automatically recognizing dwarf fortress launched from the LNP, it has no problem when I launch the Dwarf Fortress.exe from the folder nested within it though.

LNP settings are all default, and have tried with/without DFHack, no difference, anyone have any idea how i can fix this ?

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: February 17, 2016, 01:21:00 am »

Bind it to the LNP launcher? Works for n52...

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: February 18, 2016, 08:10:27 am »

So, how likely is it, that there will be a version for DF 42.06 soon? I would only need it once, to use the reveal utility. (I don't care about any bugs.) I have a very interesting location, which, however, is infused with several aquifers... guessing where they are is somehow complex without reveal.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 385