Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 414090 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #990 on: July 28, 2013, 07:38:24 am »

post to watch and give praise

Awesome work LordBucket. I even found every single Legion Episode entertaining, but am still glad these times are over. Good use of Deus Ex Machina to pick up the pace.

Thank you. This is my most successful forum game ever, but...it is a lot of work. And yes, glad to see the whole legion fiasco is over. Unfortunately from looking at image view counts, the thread lost almost a third of its regular viewers during that time.

Hmm, aside from the information it hit me that there is a possible solution to how to pay him and make a arrangement that may be of great profit and benefit to to both of us.

Sorry, bad timing for your post, six minutes before the update. :P

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 28, 2013, 10:06:21 am »

Honestly, we are not going to make a profit for a long time with alchemy - its only real possible use to us for a long time will be to give us the odd tweak or perk when we need one. Still, thats not a reason not to practice it, and a small amount of cash earned is still cash.

Anyway, its really interesting that there are multiple anomalous characters running around doing quests. Seems like the world is persistent with player characters dipping into it.

But what to do next? There is a low level bandit cave near Seyda Neen that could be worth checking out for some useful experience and low level loot, but I fear we would get killed there, unless CLover/Awesmicus/whoever has been there first. If it was empty it could make a decent base, but we have already sorted that in exchange for cash havent we? We could also try and get Mentors Ring (an easily obtainable early game artifact which would help loads with learning magic/alchemy or be used as exchange for the value of a few thousand gold - possibly enough to get Fast Eddie on side) from a tomb near Seyda Neen, but suspect we arent up to taking on the low level undead in there unless we can obtain a good chameleon spell or potion or pair of invisibilty spells/potions. Maybe running in, rushing for the ring then recalling out of there is a good idea. Again, maybe one of the more interesting characters in this world has been there already, but it would still be worth knowing.
This is a blank sig.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 28, 2013, 10:11:57 am »

By now I'd just make the assumption that Seyda Neen and Balmora is almost all tapped out in the PC perspective. We don't look at things in a PC perspective however, so they aren't completely to us, but if we go by PC related things, they will be.

We don't know magic though, so any talk about recalling or spells or any of that isn't worth it. And leaving on silt strider to go places isn't worth it monetary wise, too much money used, we need to think of ways to garner money in Balmora or somewhere within walking distance. Its obvious that we should avoid those cliff racers like the plague, since one almost killed us. That egg cave might be worth looking into though, we're stronger and better geared so we may have a good time of it. Also, there's alchemical reagents we haven't tried there, I think, and we know that Kwarma Cuttle gives us health.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #993 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:42 am »

post to watch and give praise

Awesome work LordBucket. I even found every single Legion Episode entertaining, but am still glad these times are over. Good use of Deus Ex Machina to pick up the pace.

Thank you. This is my most successful forum game ever, but...it is a lot of work. And yes, glad to see the whole legion fiasco is over. Unfortunately from looking at image view counts, the thread lost almost a third of its regular viewers during that time.
This is just your kind of thing Bucket. The detail is endless, the dialogue is funny, its a great game.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 28, 2013, 01:07:47 pm »

If the primary effect of an ingredient is negative, wouldn't just the raw juice of it count as poison? In any case, we ought to poison our spear at first opportunity so that our scratches on cliff racers will still damage them. Paralysis would be good. Given how dangerous they are, probably test on something first. Speaking of cliff racers, we should check up on Jiub should we get the chance.

If Caius hasn't killed him, ask that Sleeper if Dagoth Ur thinks we're the Nerevarine. If Caius has killed him, find the other one. Should the Sleeper ask "Why haven't you gone to Red Mountain?" our answer is "Cliff racers"

Ask about Mages in the Arcane University and College of Winterhold who seem to regenerate Magicka as readily as catching their breaths.
I really, really want to know about this. I don't think we'd get access to such power, but hearing an explanation would be enlightening.

I meant to post about this before, but if we want to give someone information, we must know it ourselves and let Mike know.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 28, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »

Hmm, aside from the information it hit me that there is a possible solution to how to pay him and make a arrangement that may be of great profit and benefit to to both of us.

Sorry, bad timing for your post, six minutes before the update. :P

Oh, well. Shits happen.  ;) Consider it a suggestion for the next update.

I meant to post about this before, but if we want to give someone information, we must know it ourselves and let Mike know.

How about telling him the fact that the leader of the mages guild plans to assassinate the entire Telvanni council? I seem to remember it being on of the final mages guilds quests. That kind of heads-up gotta be worth something.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 28, 2013, 05:29:32 pm »

...Yeah, that would do it. Hardest problem would be proving it, but we're talking about very old mages here, they probably got a scry or two up their sleeves.

Either way, pack animal is out which is sad, but not too surprising. We can't afford a house but we still can the alchemy set, but we don't know of anything that restores mana. We could try scavenging, although we should stay away from anything resembling a Cliff Racer. We should see about healing, since we're almost dead again.

Also, we should find a better place for the Imperial Steel Curiass, I recall Caius specifically saying he doesn't want it in his home because it gives away his cover. I got nothing on the where though, we need to figure out some place we can crash for free. Anyone know of any very close caves or places that would of probably of been cleared out that we can crash in? On stuff we can sell, do we really want to keep our phone? We can probably figure out some way to pawn it, maybe to an interested mage... OH HEY! You think Fast Eddie might want it? I mean, its weird other wordly tech, he's a mage, I see a connection here.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 28, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »

I think we need to try to get a hold of one of the "PC"s. If we can help them out, they might supply us with resources and cash in exchange for info. And Awesomicus at least is probably equipped to get get one of the harder to find items.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 28, 2013, 08:20:44 pm »

I'm thinking we should somehow bring Awesomicus under our control. He seems useful. This would be a good one to brainstorm.

Do NOT pawn our phone. It's the most interesting thing we have. If we need to convince someone we come from another world, or show off something strange, what would be better? And I really, really want us to have it when we meet Yagrum Bagarn.

There are plenty of affordable places to crash in and around Seyda Neen, although Seyda Neen is inconveniently far from anywhere interesting. Balmora has few caves within convenient distance, but Caldera has at least one or two nearby that would be perfect, once cleared. It's a safe bet that early-game quest related caves (in any quest line) have been cleared, but others might not be. The Legion can hardly be bothered with every cave of slavers and smugglers, else the trade wouldn't be nearly so lucrative.

Now, this is just a thought, but it's entirely possible that our information-brokering could be used to get a small band of outlaws to do our bidding. Just something to keep in mind, not saying we pursue that. At some point, we must try to get some kind of followers, servants, or subordinates. Perhaps we could make a loyal friend of a slave, finding one willing to be our adventure buddy and then purchasing their freedom.

I must say, I'm not so sure about Light Armor now. Though Medium's a bit out of our price range right now, it does have better prospects for upgrading. We won't be able to get better Light Armor than chitin for a long while, as in vanilla the only thing better is Glass, rare and expensive, and we can't get access to Dark Brotherhood armor until the events of Tribunal get underway, which don't canonically happen until after Dagoth Ur dies. Still, for right now, Chitin's the best we can get and still be able to move well. I just hope we'll have the spare coin to switch to bonemold before we get too invested in Light Armor. This isn't of immediate concern, though.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 28, 2013, 08:36:10 pm »

We could wear that curaiss, its there and its not like we can sell it. Problem is that people will know we're with the Legion, which may shut some doors on us. It is more protective though, and we'd be leveling two skills at once.

Hm, I agree about the phone now though, figured it wouldn't of been the best of ideas, reason why I never bolded it.

Finding a cave to crash in would be good, anyplace really. Its obvious that Caius would prefer we didn't crash in his place, I believe.

We really need some actual plans though, for the now, else we'll be heading to Seyda Neen, which I'd rather not do. So... Its been a while since I've played, what can we mess with in Balmora? Thieving is out unless we want to join Sugarlips, and no doubt she's heard we're with the legion now so that's right out, she'll think we're a spy or some such. Or worse, put us in a situation that would force us to betray the legion. Joining the fighter's guild? Its the only thing I got right now sadly, and I can't even remember if there is one in Balmora.

Stuff it, go wandering outside (away from any cliff racer areas) after we're healed, go collect reagents and explore, take in the sights, note any locations we might go to. Fight the local wild life, be a man. Maybe attempt that mine again if we're feeling confident or the outside foraging goes well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 28, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »

If it isn't too conspicuous, we ought to wear the helmet, as this fluffy hat isn't so good.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 28, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

Sadly we sold it, we only have the curiass now. So fluffy hat it is until we find a better one.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 29, 2013, 04:29:45 am »

Make a note to never remove the fluffy hat

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:24 am »

Hmm... Guys, I think we need to try to figure out what HASN'T been done, but I've realized something.

These characters we've met? There seems to be one per quest chain. There's the fighters-guild guy we met. The nevarine girl. Awesomicus handling the LAW quests. One person per quest chain.

That means we know a good place to find one of these characters - the Fighters guild.

It also means there is probably at least one associated with the Mage's guild quest line.

Try and find the Mages guild questline character. Ask if there were new members recently.
Join the fighters guild, and try to get a hold of the PC-like that joined them or at least use the info to find out what has and hasn't been done and to get together a couple "fellows" to go do some of the stuff that hasn't been done that we know to be lucraticve.
Find out if our information about the possible attempted assassination is worth anything to Fast Eddy, and otherwise offer to be his potion bitch if he has materials and we end up being able to make potions of restore magicka for him.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2013, 12:44:23 pm »

We've already met Bjorn, but he hasn't done anything PC-like, so it might not be him...

We don't have to worry about everything in the Fighter's Guild being done. They realistically get new jobs all the time, no matter the vanilla ones.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 161