Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413256 times)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #660 on: July 03, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

Should we notify them about Ilunibi?  It's a rather nasty sixth house base, and also hte place where the nerevarine contracts corprus and thus immortality.  If we clear it out before the nerevarine gets to it...what do you suppose will happen?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:25:28 pm by Cecilff2 »
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 03, 2013, 01:29:34 pm »

The legion lost an entire squad to that place, iirc.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 03, 2013, 01:32:53 pm »

Before we go, spill to the General our intel about Ascended Sleepers. They clearly don't know about them, so we ough to tell. Tell the General they're high-ranking members of the Sixth House Cult and possess highly advanced mutations and magical abilities. They favor poison spells for offense and their tentacles are deadly in melee. They leave behind only a skull when killed.

Tell him that there are cultists hidden in cities all over the island, and it's possible one of them might have transformed into the creature. Tell him the names of the cultists known to us. Namely, Hanarai Assutlanipal in Ald'ruun.

Seriously. Our best use right now is providing information. We need to tell the highest ranking person we can everything we know.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 03, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »

Before we go, spill to the General our intel about Ascended Sleepers. They clearly don't know about them, so we ough to tell. Tell the General they're high-ranking members of the Sixth House Cult and possess highly advanced mutations and magical abilities. They favor poison spells for offense and their tentacles are deadly in melee. They leave behind only a skull when killed.

Tell him that there are cultists hidden in cities all over the island, and it's possible one of them might have transformed into the creature. Tell him the names of the cultists known to us. Namely, Hanarai Assutlanipal in Ald'ruun.

I'm going to say no to this. They either won't believe us or will think we're trying to get out of doing our job. We really have no time to waste or much other choice. So, gear up, take our health potion, soul gems and empty bottle and head on out. If the rest of the squad dies, we can cross the bridge of what to do then when it happens.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 03, 2013, 01:50:10 pm »

I'm going to say no to this. They either won't believe us or will think we're trying to get out of doing our job. We really have no time to waste or much other choice. So, gear up, take our health potion, soul gems and empty bottle and head on out. If the rest of the squad dies, we can cross the bridge of what to do then when it happens.
-J-
Why would they think we're trying to get out of our job? I didn't say "begin with 'I don't want to go because...'" We MUST give our allies information, to increase both theirs and our chances of survival.

More like "General, I have some intel to give you before I leave, in case I don't return. Things are moving faster than originally anticipated..."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 03, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

Seriously. Our best use right now is providing information. We need to tell the highest ranking person we can everything we know.

I'd like to point out that if we do this, we WILL miss our assignment. I can only see negative things coming of this.
We have already established ourselves as "learned". Talk to the Champion, tell him we have heard about this creature in our studies, and share basic info on what they are. This may save our life.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 03, 2013, 01:50:38 pm »

At the very least, one of us should look up everything we can on Ascended Sleepers, and post that information for us to share with our squad. If our squad leader is the highest ranking member we can inform, so be it - at the very least, inform them. If we will fight him, let us fight him with a plan that might lead to victory.

Spells Known by ascended sleeper:
25-75 pts melee
Dagoth's Bosom - Drain Fatigue 20 pts for 30s on Target
Fire Storm - Fire Damage 1-10 pts in 10ft for 10s on Target
Frost Storm - Frost Damage 1-10 pts in 10ft for 10s on Target
Paralysis - Paralyze for 5s on Touch
Shockball - Shock Damage 2-40 pts in 10ft on Target
Ash-chancre blight disease - Drain Personality 20-40 pts
Ash-Woe Blight blight disease - Drain Intelligence & Willpower 20-40 pts
Black-Heart Blight blight disease - Drain Strength & Endurance 20-40 pts
Chanthrax Blight blight disease - Drain Agility & Speed 20-40 pts

Basic Info
Level   25
Health   300
Magicka   300
Fatigue   400
Soul   400
Spells/Abilities   (See below)
Combat Skills   80
Magic Skills   80
Stealth Skills   20
Damage   25 - 75
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:35:27 pm by GlyphGryph »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 03, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »

I'd like to point out that if we do this, we WILL miss our assignment. I can only see negative things coming of this.
We have already established ourselves as "learned". Talk to the Champion, tell him we have heard about this creature in our studies, and share basic info on what they are. This may save our life.
Tell him that, before we leave, we have some very very important information for the General. If he asks what, tell him. Also, before we leave, tell the general it might be in Great House interests for them to send backup.

Go over tactics with the Champion on the Strider. Ascended sleepers pack a punch but move slowly. If engaged from multiple angles with arrows and spells, utilizing cover to avoid magical retaliation, we might just bring it down, but a full frontal assault will likely fall to area-effect spells. If asked why we know any of this, say it's classified.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 03, 2013, 02:11:40 pm »

Tell him that, before we leave, we have some very very important information for the General. If he asks what, tell him. Also, before we leave, tell the general it might be in Great House interests for them to send backup.

Go over tactics with the Champion on the Strider. Ascended sleepers pack a punch but move slowly. If engaged from multiple angles with arrows and spells, utilizing cover to avoid magical retaliation, we might just bring it down, but a full frontal assault will likely fall to area-effect spells. If asked why we know any of this, say it's classified.

I say this is reasonable - request a brief delay on the grounds we have important information. However, if pressed from where, don't say it's classified. We're in the military, and low ranking. Instead, say we have read an ancient tome in our studies that has described just that creature, and we have lived in fear of it ever since. Now that we have to face it, the information is fresh in our minds.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »

I say it's time to start Mantling... a blades agent. To do so we must suddenly act and talk completely differently.

"In event of full-scale Sixth House attacks, I become an active agent. I am now cleared to provide information on the forces we are dealing with, as the scale of this threat is now beyond clandestine means."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 03, 2013, 02:26:14 pm »

I say it's time to start Mantling... a blades agent. To do so we must suddenly act and talk completely differently.

"In event of full-scale Sixth House attacks, I become an active agent. I am now cleared to provide information on the forces we are dealing with, as the scale of this threat is now beyond clandestine means."

This... could work. If they buy it, this would also allow us to leave afterwards, as our sleeper mission is fulfilled.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 03, 2013, 02:42:57 pm »

We have apparently very good capability for magic if we could learn it.

Could we possibly bluff that our knowledge is from clairvoyance and we don't know how to control it properly?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 03, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

(Note: this post contains snarkiness. Please consume responsibly, and try not to be offended or anything.)

GM request
To make my life easier, please bold actions, not entire posts.

-- Good example:
I think that going to the grocery story for kleenex isn't really in our best interest. What we really need is contacts with the local high cheerleaders. They're totally better for us than just talking to some random grocery store clerks. So, go the local high school and meet some cheerleaders. Try telling them that we know people in the industry who can help them. Or invite them to parties. Or compliment them on their tumbling and ask to learn. Do not go to the grocery store.

-- Bad example:
I think that going to the grocery story for kleenex isn't really in our best interest. What we really need is contacts with the local high cheerleaders. They're totally better for us than just talking to some random grocery store clerks. So, go the local high school and meet some cheerleaders. Try telling them that we know people in the industry who can help them. Or invite them to parties. Or compliment them on their tumbling and ask to learn. Do not go to the grocery store.

Similarly, if you want to vote for or against an action, just quote it and bold your vote. Please don't make me go digging through entire paragraphs to find out what you want to do.

I do read everything, but I have people complaining that they don't feel like I'm tallying votes well, and honestly it's sometimes really difficult sorting through pages and pages of "other stuff."

-- Good example
Agreed

-- Bad example
Gee, I don't know about that. On one hand I really like cheerleaders, but I also like grocery stores. Why, I once had a girlfriend who was a cheerleader and we used to go grocery shopping together. Did you know that most people don't listen to announcements of the PA at grocery stores? If you pay attention, pretty regularly they'll make an announcement for loss prevention to go to some aisle. Whenever I hear that I always think 'wow! Somebody's totally stealing stuff, maybe i should go check it out to see how LP handles that!' Though I actually did once and didn't see anyone in the aisle. Anyway, so yeah, I'm going to have to give a yes vote to going to the grocery store. Actually, now that I think about it, since I didn't see anyone on that aisle I wonder if that meant that the people stealing stuff heard the announcement and left? If so, that would sort of tend to contradict my earlier assertion that people don't listen to PA announcements. Or maybe LP just got their before I did? I wonder if the people stealing stuff were cheerleaders. Yeah, definitely have to give  no vote for going and talking to cheerleaders. Not that I don't like cheerleaders. Sure I do, but if they're stealing things from grocery stories that's seriously not cool and we should totally not be involved with that. We'll benefit a lot more from just getting some kleenex than we will from having contacts who steal things from grocery stores.

Thank you.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 03, 2013, 03:24:40 pm »

Telling him all this info without explaining is probably a bad idea.

Talk to Strillian.  Explain to him that since we've arrived in Vvardenfell we've been experiencing major deja vu like some of this has happened before and that we became aware of a great many things about morrowind during these episodes.  Tell him about the ascended sleeper and what it is and what it is capable of.  That we have knowledge of what's behind these incursions and their bases of operation.

Even if he doesn't believe us now, he soon will when we face the thing.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 03, 2013, 03:40:29 pm »

GM request
To make my life easier, please bold actions, not entire posts.

Sorry, I was actually thinking of doing that when I typed up my last response. I'll make sure to do that in the future.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 161