Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413340 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #690 on: July 04, 2013, 01:32:32 pm »

I'm trying to catch up to speed, have we, as of yet, reviewed physics? Obviously Morrowind's original laws aren't entirely in effect (we'd have noticed that gravity doesn't apply to inanimate objects), but what about other concepts? One thing that could be somewhat easily tested is electrical conductivity. Possibly we could find some thin metal wire, coil it, and use a cheap scroll to provide some voltage, and use that to see if we could make a magnetic field. If that works, then maybe we can try some more complex stuff...

If we can get some decent firepower, a Dwemer ruin might provide the tools we need to bootstrap something interesting.

Joining 6th house is right out. I'd like a chance to speak with Dagoth Ur, but it's not likely to happen in any way we'd be safe with.

The big problem with joining the sixth house is going to be the fact that the Nerevarine is going to do some bad things to a lot of house members. Unless we know for sure that the Nerevar isn't going to be a problem...

That... makes me think of Arcanum, and it makes me incredibly happy. I don't know if we should inflict such complications on LordBucket, but the idea tickles my brain in good ways.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 04, 2013, 02:25:38 pm »

I'm trying to catch up to speed, have we, as of yet, reviewed physics? Obviously Morrowind's original laws aren't entirely in effect (we'd have noticed that gravity doesn't apply to inanimate objects), but what about other concepts? One thing that could be somewhat easily tested is electrical conductivity. Possibly we could find some thin metal wire, coil it, and use a cheap scroll to provide some voltage, and use that to see if we could make a magnetic field. If that works, then maybe we can try some more complex stuff...

If we can get some decent firepower, a Dwemer ruin might provide the tools we need to bootstrap something interesting.

Joining 6th house is right out. I'd like a chance to speak with Dagoth Ur, but it's not likely to happen in any way we'd be safe with.

The big problem with joining the sixth house is going to be the fact that the Nerevarine is going to do some bad things to a lot of house members. Unless we know for sure that the Nerevar isn't going to be a problem...

That... makes me think of Arcanum, and it makes me incredibly happy. I don't know if we should inflict such complications on LordBucket, but the idea tickles my brain in good ways.

Me too. We need to do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 04, 2013, 02:44:47 pm »

Oh [VEHK].

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 04, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

I don't know if we should inflict such complications on LordBucket, but the idea tickles my brain in good ways.

No railroading.

I'm neither encouraging nor discouraging idea. Neither am I confirming or denying whether it will work. But I didn't stop you when you guys went to Vivec and I didn't stop you when you joined the Legion. I'm not going to start now.

Also:
Submission cutoff for episode 30

Next update should be up sometime tonight.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 04, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »

Just to be clear, by "right out" I mean "don't do it"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 04, 2013, 10:46:55 pm »

...apparently today is a national holiday. Next episode might be delayed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 04, 2013, 11:27:10 pm »

Ha. Dont have to deal with that effect for a week.
Although, then i have it for three days...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 07, 2013, 05:42:16 pm »

Just a thought, but we -were- a nerd. Why aren't we trying to build technological stuff? A charger for our phone would be helpful, a crystal radio might help save magicka, hell a cannon would at least get us noticed by the legion for fort defense. We might not remember much, but we can at least TRY. And even if we don't remember the exact details, we come from a world with a scientific foundation. Spreading that around and using it ourselves couldn't hurt.

I'm honestly surprised no one has even mentioned this, it seems like an obvious thing.

(This isn't a command, just a hoped-for conversation starter.)

(This is, though!)

Try and remember as many scientific and technological principles as we can. What is in gunpowder, the scientific method, how to build a generator or alternator, that kind of thing.

Edit: Yes I'm aware there was a cut-off. However, that was a few days ago. And I can re-post the command after the update, if need be~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:14 pm »

Oh yeah, that was one of the ideas I had too--maybe try studying the Dwemer in your off-time, seeing as they're the closest thing to modern technology in this world. Using what you know, maybe try to find some acids--maybe vinegar, if it's out there--some kind of metal analogous to zinc, some kind of wire, and some of the paper from your notebook folded over, you might be able to make a battery. Maybe try to get yourself known as a great inventor? We can't act on it now, but we have to remember we come from modern times. Even if we're not experts, we have basic knowledge of stuff people here couldn't so much as dream of.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 07, 2013, 06:53:35 pm »

But we can't guarantee our science works in their universe. We can try, but we could end up being the Doc Brown of MorrowReal, but without the successful invention.

Wait, let's become the Doc Brown of MorrowReal.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 07, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

Thaaat's why I want to also try and remember the scientific method.

IF our tech won't work, then we can try and figure out (and recruit OTHERS to the cause) tech that WOULD work in MorrowReal. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 07, 2013, 07:17:17 pm »

In order to get back to the real world, we're going to have to get a silt strider to 88 MPH.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 07, 2013, 07:19:05 pm »

Our cell phone works, so it's a safe bet other stuff works... if we could build it.

However, we were a liberal arts student, not an engineering or science major. A radio is a pretty complex thing. I'm pretty sure our practical scientific knowledge is limited to the experience of we, the posters. Though we might know the concepts behind things, we probably don't have the practical knowledge to actually build any of them. If only Wierd was involved in this thread...

Anyway, this is partly why I want us to talk to Yagrum Bagarn, and show him our phone.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 07, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »

Is that the last Dwemer dude? That's a good idea. It'll be a bit before we can get to him though, I think.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 07, 2013, 07:26:37 pm »

Plus, if we do go to talk to him, that means getting past a bunch of corprus-infected beasts without harming them for fear of invoking the wrath of a 4000-year-old wizard...so, it wouldn't be easy, is what I'm saying. This is, of course, assuming we're not all Nerevarine-like, and that if we catch corprus, that we're fucked.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 161