Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 411631 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #1095 on: August 15, 2013, 12:06:17 pm »

This is something that they won't be expecting to run across, and they will have strong incentive to investigate and actually find out what's going on before killing us. (hopefully)

This particular bit worries me; this looks like the belongings of Awesomnicus, who I think is more likely to just kill because WE STOLE HIS STUFF!!!
Not everyone reads the 'flavour text' in games...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 15, 2013, 12:09:01 pm »

Except we left something in return that they would actually want to find out about.

And some of these items actually require quest-fulfilling to get, right, not just outright killing?

We're not trying to fence the stuff, we're willing to return, and we're leaving something of equal value in exchange.

Okay, so it still might be a bad idea.

At the very least, leave another note!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 15, 2013, 12:23:53 pm »

We need to do something with this stuff that allows us to work out if it belongs to a PC. We should rearrange it into some kind of shape or symbol that only someone from our universe would recognize, and that a Morrowind native will not see. This way, we can learn something important about who it belongs to. As for what shape... maybe an @ symbol?
This is a blank sig.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 15, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »

Don't take any stuff yet.  First we need a base of operations.  Later we can come back and grab EVERYTHING and hide it in our base.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56:54 pm »

On the other hand we could TOTALLY use this alchemy equipment to make stuff, and we really really should. It's not stealing if we don't take it, right? And we can just explain that we got bored waiting for the dude to show up. (after we make our delivery)

Actually, I really like this idea.

Use alchemy equipment, hang around for a while, try to make some useful stuff while we wait for the dude to return.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:01 pm »

Do NOT get rid of our cell phone. Why are people so eager to do this? It's probably the most interesting item we have.

Take some small but expensive things, like gems, that are bound to go unnoticed. As long as we don't get greedy, this is too good to pass up. Bear in mind we need to take enough so that the Thieve's guild fences aren't putting too big a dent in our profit. Sometimes you just have to take risks.

Look for things that show Quest/Main Quest progress. It's good to know.

Ask the guild guide who left all this stuff blocking up the hall. Chances are, it's Clover's stuff, but we need to know.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:57 pm »

Ask the guild guide who left all this stuff blocking up the hall. Chances are, it's Clover's stuff, but we need to know.
You know this is probably a good idea go with this one.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »

Wait, why the hell would we ditch our advanced tech?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 15, 2013, 05:23:16 pm »

Superb read.

I wonder what'd've happened if Bucket put the rat-quest up for vote. The quest is like "You literally just have to walk down the street, kill the weakest enemy in the game, and get your much needed gold." And I still can't shake off the feeling that this quest would've gone under in the ensuing community suggestions and votes til forgotten.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 15, 2013, 08:51:09 pm »

Check for any items pertaining to the main quest that would be indicative
of the progress whichever NPC this is has made
Look for things that show Quest/Main Quest progress.

All "important" items present were precisely itemized in the update.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »

Well, all I saw on that list was Progress of Truth and the Cloudcleaver axe. Which means this person has hit up contacts in Vivec for Caius (and is thus likely Clover), and has met a certain magically paralyzed naked nord barbarian out on the road. And possibly has killed a shopkeeper in Ald'ruun.

We should carry at least 2 weapons at all times, in case we need a backup. Honestly, I thought we already agreed on that as part of the spear suggestion. Hmm, might not be a bad idea to practice hand-to-hand a bit as well.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:28:45 pm by HugoLuman »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 15, 2013, 11:52:23 pm »

Well, all I saw on that list was Progress of Truth and the Cloudcleaver axe. Which means this person has hit up contacts in Vivec for Caius (and is thus likely Clover),
and has met a certain magically paralyzed naked nord barbarian out on the road. And possibly has killed a shopkeeper in Ald'ruun.

Really? That's what you got out of what was said?

Ok.

carry at least 2 weapons at all times

I thought we already agreed on that as part of the spear suggestion.

Actually it was because of the spear switch that he stopped carrying the dagger.

Always carrying two weapons was discussed, but that's not how it played out. Michael picked up a bunch weapons in the legion, and those got stashed under Caius' bed when he arrived in Balmora. For a while, all he was carrying around with him was the dagger. Then there was a huge debate over several episodes about weapon type to focus on: spear or short blade. So in episode 36 he retrieved the chitin spear from Caius' house to do some combat trials. That's the only time in recent history that I can see during which he was carrying two weapons. But at that same time there were concerns about weight and carrying capacity, and you guys decided to switch from heavy to light armor. So Michael, assuming that since the decision had definitely been made to go with lighter armor that the decision would probably also be made to go with the lighter weapon...and realizing that the spear has no sheath and has to be carried by hand, and therefore it would be silly to carry a secondary weapon in hand and constantly be dropping it onto the ground to draw the primary weapon...stashed the chitin spear at Caius' to go with the lighter dagger. That was at the end of Episode 36 part 2. But, in the following episode 37 you guys said to definitely go with spear, and simultaneously upgraded to a silver spear...which happens to be three times as heavy as the dagger he was carrying at that time. So given the previous concerns over weight, rather than carry both weapons,  Michael simply swapped to spear and stashed the dagger.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 16, 2013, 12:14:48 am »

Daedric and Dwemer battleaxes, plural, is interesting. Likely they've been quick enough to yank the multiple daedric axes from summoned Dremora and Golden Saints as they died.

Head of Scourge shows either luck, completionist curiosity, or much experience with the furthest corners of this game.

The only artifact you listed is that cloudcleaver axe, and you told us the list was exhaustive, but I'm probably missing something in the implications of those other books.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 16, 2013, 03:26:26 am »

Well, since there is a stash of Alchemic ingredients...

Taste-Test one of everything that we still know nothing about.

+1 I think we aren't technically stealing, or at least there would be little proof as long as nobody sees you. But I would recomened only skimming of anything that have multiple items. Having one less of each is probably not noticable, but it might be noticed if something is missing entirely.

Oh, oh! I got an idea! If we steal something noticable leave the note from the thieves guild. Maybe we can make the PC believe they are behind the thievery (or we could leave a note implicating whatever or whoever, does the thieves guild note have our name on it? If so we should probably not do that). And we should probably make sure to join the thieves guild, we don't want to get stabbed in the back for stealing unsanctioned.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 16, 2013, 05:23:27 am »

Well, apart from stealing, tasting or conducting alchemy- Why don`t we just...

Ask the members of the ald'ruhn guild whether they saw the person who left the stash. Maybe we can even gather some information about him/her or get an idea to where the person went. With a bit of luck the person is still in ald'ruhn and we could track him/her down. Even if not we could ask the guild members to rely a message to the person once he/she comes back.

It might be a funny idea to team up with the person. We might get some nice stuff or information just for free; Or could accompany the person for a while, which would certainly enable us to pick up some nice loot on the way.

I suggest that we leave a message on paper asking the person to meet us on the first of the next month in the ald'ruhn guild. We should ask the guild members to rely the same message, in case the person misses the note. We should add that we possess some valuable information that could aid him/her. (We have absolute metagaming knowledge; We are bound to know something about a quest the person is on.) Maybe also add something to describe yourself or that if we miss each other that you will check the guild from time to time.

Ofc; We should absolutely keep track of the time/date from then on. Would be a shame to miss the meeting.

Also, thumbs up for this great suggestion game. Morrowind is likely my most favorite game ever and you are doing a great job on bringing the world alive while also adding an very unique touch.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:41:35 am by Lordinquisitor »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 161