Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 411607 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #1110 on: August 16, 2013, 05:51:09 am »

The person seems to also have quite a bit of metagaming knowledge, it should be noted, and, other than that, we're slightly less useful as an adventuring companion than a random commoner off the street would likely be.

(We could beat Fargoth in a fair fight, though!)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 16, 2013, 06:16:35 am »

Indeed. But the person should be interested in meeting us, anyway- Whether the person is marooned too, a player, a normal npc or an npc with above average intelligence/freedom. Whoever finds such an note would take an interest in it.

And once, and if, we meet the person we will certainly find a way to make ourselves useful. Or we would have an interesting chat. It can`t hurt to get to know the various adventurers of Vvardenfell.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:19:02 am by Lordinquisitor »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 16, 2013, 08:31:55 am »

you know, I agree and have changed my mind
No taking anything

The guild is already kind of pissy with us lets be honest, not a good idea to get right back into trouble with them potentially, even with stuff as nice as this the primary goal is STILL learning magic.

HOWEVER, what we COULD do is use the thieves guild to steal it for us. At least worth a try, right? I wonder how much they would charge to "steal an axe/glass sword from a hallway in the mages guild" - or if they'd recognize that the axe we described was an artifact and thus charge more.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 16, 2013, 12:11:56 pm »

We DON'T need to join the Thieves' Guild to steal stuff, all they want is that we sell stolen stuff to their fences alone.

Why waste a whole bunch more money that we might not even have to have the Thieve's guild get stuff when we're RIGHT HERE? I don't think we should steal anything big, but we could make a nice amount on some small, easily unnoticed things. We need the cash more than they do.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 16, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »

Because we don't want to ruin our reputation with the mages guild, and the only things /worth/ stealing are the things that would /definitely/ be noticed.

If this is Clover's stuff, she may end up just letting us use it! Either way, it's not like it's going to magically disappear to somewhere else (or at least it's unlikely) anytime soon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 16, 2013, 12:16:19 pm »

No, there are stacks of gems and other highly valuable alchemy ingredients that we could pocket and no one would ever know.

EDIT: Not pocketing the entire stack, of course. Just 1-2 from each. We could take the emerald and 1-2 of the ebony. Not sure about that vampire dust, though, because like the slave bracers it could be a trophy.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:07:51 pm by HugoLuman »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 16, 2013, 02:52:01 pm »

I love how we come upon a room full of someone else's stuff and our first response is to loot everything in sight and eat her food.

However, I'm going to raise my voice against taking all of Clover's hard-earned goodies. I am for Asking Clover for her goodies, or otherwise waiting for her to snap out of her "mediations". Check if she is a She-Brony, and show her the shirt and/ or your cell phone. Make her interested in you.

With behavior this odd, it's almost a certainty that she is the PC. Therfore, I think it is paramount that we attempt some sort of communications with her before she goes and disappears. We need her to acknowledge our presence.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 16, 2013, 03:10:08 pm »

Of course, it might not be her stuff. We should take something inconsequential to solve some of our current money problems, then maybe ask for permission. We are badly needing the money. If we ask and are refused, then they might be watching more carefully.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 18, 2013, 02:41:05 am »

I also think that stealing stuff is generally a bad idea... but perhaps there is some way to use this stuff with the Fast Eddie mission?  Is there some way to leverage the mages guild?  Implicate the Archmage in something here?  I don't really have any concrete ideas for this though.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 18, 2013, 11:50:35 am »

Oh my, this is an awesome game.

It actually just inspired me to try playing Morrowind again- I still have yet to beat it, so I'm not sure that any suggestions from me would be that useful. But I'll at least continue to lurk and watch, and maybe chime in every once and a while?

I love how we come upon a room full of someone else's stuff and our first response is to loot everything in sight and eat her food.

What good Elder Scrolls players we are, I guess.

I'd recommend figuring out whose stuff it is- talk to the other Mages Guild people, as others have mentioned- before deciding whether or not to take something.
stockpile: git based installation management.
Dwarf Fortress for Fedora: Packages of DF and friends for Fedora Linux.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 18, 2013, 07:09:54 pm »

Ask the guild guide who left all this stuff blocking up the hall. Chances are, it's Clover's stuff, but we need to know.
You know this is probably a good idea go with this one.
Just bringing this to the foreground.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 18, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »

Ask the guild guide who left all this stuff blocking up the hall. Chances are, it's Clover's stuff, but we need to know.

I'll third this request.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 22, 2013, 03:08:56 pm »

I'll third this request.
And I will fourth it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 22, 2013, 03:20:11 pm »

Can we also at least get some consensus on pocketing something small, like gems or ebony chunks?

Parcae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 25, 2013, 01:33:56 am »

I say that we steal everything that isn't nailed down, taste-test the alchemy ingredients, sell whatever is left over and use the money to learn all the magic we can, as fast as we can. There are several reasons for this.

First, we are hopelessly far behind the other PCs (if we're a PC at all) and need a game-changer.

Second, the biggest threat to this LP isn't being killed, but the meta-threat that the writer gets bored and wanders off, leaving Michael forever trapped in limbo. We need to do something exciting and crazy to give him something to write about.

Third and most important, Clover is almost certainly a PC. That means that she has the advantages of a PC, but also the disadvantages of one. Clover is probably completely incapable of investigating anything that isn't programmed in by the game designers, and I mean literally incapable - she can't investigate if she doesn't have clues, and she can't garner clues unless something in the game programming lets her do it. Moreover, she's probably also limited by the (fictional) person playing her. If you notice that your gear went missing in a video game, do you assume that an NPC suddenly developed free will and stole it? No, you assume that the game glitched. We would probably be best off picking the room bare, if possible, to maximize the chances that Clover just assumes that her save game is bugged - but that also maximizes the chances that she finds us raiding her stash. Probably best, therefore, just to steal what we need to learn magic and then learn the hell out of it so that we have some chance of actually, y'know, beating the game, or at least surviving if something truly nasty gets annoyed by our shenanigans.

Fourthly, even if Clover or Maximus completes the main quest before we do, the learn-the-hell-out-of-magic route at least guarantees Michael a decent job in Morrowind. Archmages can live forever and earn tons of dosh. It's not a bad life - probably better than returning to a "home" that he never really knew. Hey, maybe he can even live long enough to try again in Oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 161