Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413361 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.57
« Reply #1830 on: April 29, 2014, 08:09:19 am »

so we managed to turn someone from thinking we're a guy who busted into their house wrecking everything to a friend

speechcraft op

need to farm it more like fo real

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: April 29, 2014, 08:47:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Best quote yet.
Also, we know a werewolf apparently. Anyone here remember telling any female characters Michael's story? The implications of us getting hit by resets too is pretty tremendous if not.

EDIT: And the PC's not getting hit by the reset is also pretty big. It shows that they are in a largely different situation than us. I would suggest at some point getting a lot more keen on the whole "Find the PC's" thing. Also, is Awesomicus confirmed as Spike? Never watched MLP myself.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:53:18 am by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: April 29, 2014, 08:54:25 am »

Anyone have any idea about that werewolf? ...I want to guess it's the chick who was holding a party in the mage's guild that one time, but I'm not certain. More so because she knows about us.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 29, 2014, 08:56:05 am »

So. Yeah. Awesomicus is actually Rainbow Dash. Who else uses the term 'egghead'? The rolling-on-his-back-laughing-at-his-own-jokes mannerism also fits. The werewoof is almost certainly Pinkie, given the breaks in the fourth wall and cheerful nonsense.

In other news, speechcraft is great.

In other other news, we need to find Clover or Adorabella, i.e. two of the people who we can be sure won't kill us because they're bored and can hold a rational conversation.

Before that, we should look around and find out the results of the battle. Also we should see if Awesomicus is around.

Speaking of Awesomicus, I can't believe we didn't think to check him for a mark of Azura. Next time we see him, that should be a high priority.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 29, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

I'm surprised Awesome is gone, considering he needs to talk to us to get the next part of the quest chain. Also, woah, this update came a lot sooner than I expected, but at least the infodump attempt at starting a quest chain didn't seem to end too badly, hah. Also, hurrah! I'm hoping we remembered to use the invisibility potion specifically because I pointed out we should remember to use it if we get into trouble after arriving at Seyda Neen.

I think our next goal should be trying to talk to Adorabella, although if the werewolf is the party person we might have good luck re-finding them as well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: April 29, 2014, 11:22:00 am »

Michael seemed to know who the werewolf was, so maybe the GM thought it was obvious. Have we told anyone about the voices?

I'd say, at least for Awesomicus, the PC thing is confirmed. He talks like a true gamer, though not one big on RP or lore. "Cut the dialogue," acknowledging the term "quest chain." And he's got Eltonbrand, which no native mind to this universe would ever think to get. And "Wayn" might be the name of whoever plays Clover. Next time we see her, we should call her that and see what happens.

BTW, that ascended sleeper moment was awesome. As I read it I imagined something cinematic, like all the other sounds going mute except for the sleeper's voice. A legitimate "oh crap" moment. I think we should find and interrogate a lower-level operative of the Sixth House, a dreamer or sleeper maybe. Someone with a hotline to the Sharmat, but who wouldn't easily overpower us. We need to talk but not be taken.

I think it may be time for another visit to Vivec. We should tell him about these recent developments, perhaps not a meeting but we should at least tip him off through another letter under the door.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: April 29, 2014, 11:30:04 am »

Awesomicus was trying to say acquainted when he said wayn. I doubt it's a name.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: April 29, 2014, 11:33:31 am »

Oh. I see now. Still, he's almost certainly a player, though not the smartest or most mature.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: April 29, 2014, 12:56:02 pm »

So you're saying this is a possible .Hack coma?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 29, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »

(googles) a remote possibility of something like that. It's just a WMG really. Hmm I feel guilty about the lack of tropes page for using that term

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: April 29, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »

Caius is gone, right? And so are Elone and Nine-Toes. So who are we reporting too, as a Blade? That could be important in the near-future, especially if we learn more about the Sixth House. That leaves Gildan in Ald-ruhn, Rithleen and Tyermaillin in Balmora, Suraine Leoriane in Caldera, and Sjorvar Horse-Mouth along the road from Caldera to Gnaar Mok. It might be a good idea to find one of these people while our information is still current, if only so we don't lose contact with them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:19:14 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: April 29, 2014, 01:28:28 pm »

We should certainly stay in contact with the other blades. I have a feeling we're going to wind up having to coordinate something with them. I suppose everyone here now reports the the Emperor himself, though not right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 29, 2014, 01:45:30 pm »

so we managed to turn someone from thinking we're a guy who busted into their house wrecking everything to a friend

speechcraft op
So. Yeah. Awesomicus is actually Rainbow Dash. Who else uses the term 'egghead'? The rolling-on-his-back-laughing-at-his-own-jokes mannerism also fits. The werewoof is almost certainly Pinkie, given the breaks in the fourth wall and cheerful nonsense.

In other news, speechcraft is great.

In other other news, we need to find Clover or Adorabella, i.e. two of the people who we can be sure won't kill us because they're bored and can hold a rational conversation.

Before that, we should look around and find out the results of the battle. Also we should see if Awesomicus is around.

Speaking of Awesomicus, I can't believe we didn't think to check him for a mark of Azura. Next time we see him, that should be a high priority.
I agree with all of this.
Spoiler: Pinkie Pie (click to show/hide)
Speaking of which, that means we're back in the running for being Spike. Not that we're certain there is a Spike or anything.

Best quote yet.
I dunno, I'm pretty fond of:

I'd say, at least for Awesomicus, the PC thing is confirmed. He talks like a true gamer, though not one big on RP or lore. "Cut the dialogue," acknowledging the term "quest chain." And he's got Eltonbrand, which no native mind to this universe would ever think to get. And "Wayn" might be the name of whoever plays Clover. Next time we see her, we should call her that and see what happens.
I'd be careful here. It's true he talks like a gamer, but everything he's said so far is fairly reasonable in meaning, just phrased strangely. You'll notice the one who told us about the duel used the term "DoTs." It's plausible that some gamer slang is a result of having to deal with the same things gamers do (and that cultural similarity Yagrum told us about) rather than because they're literal gamers from our or a similar world.

I think what we really need to ask are questions about his/their origins. Presumably every native was born and such (or at least has memories consistent with that); if the ponies weren't and are willing to admit as much, that could provide some invaluable insight into what they are. If they were, that wouldn't rule out them being special in some way, but it'd complicate things.

BTW, that ascended sleeper moment was awesome. As I read it I imagined something cinematic, like all the other sounds going mute except for the sleeper's voice. A legitimate "oh crap" moment. I think we should find and interrogate a lower-level operative of the Sixth House, a dreamer or sleeper maybe. Someone with a hotline to the Sharmat, but who wouldn't easily overpower us. We need to talk but not be taken.

I think it may be time for another visit to Vivec. We should tell him about these recent developments, perhaps not a meeting but we should at least tip him off through another letter under the door.
I'm in favor of these as medium/long term plans. Finding out exactly what Dagoth Ur wants, both in general and with us, could be pretty vital.

That said, I'm not familiar with either in-game, so maybe that's just my unfamiliarity with vanilla's workings. I still maintain that if the Nerevarine is ponies, Dagoth Ur might be as well, though.

As far as finding the ponies goes... that's a tough one. In-show they typically just sort of wander around and meet up or fetch each other as necessary, but they do have places they're often found. In-game, PCs are likely to keep pretty busy.

That said, I do have a guess on finding one in particular: the new construction near Dren Plantation. Being located near an existing plantation makes me suspect it's a farm itself, and Applejack is shown working on her farm fairly frequently. The odds that her equivalent is there at any given moment sounds reasonably likely... unless, of course, the quirks of the game world mean there's nothing for her to work on except harvesting alchemy ingredients once a month.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 29, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »

Our metagaming knowledge. IDK if he knows about it specifically, but as he's taken an interest in us, it might be why. Regardless of what's happened so far, there are things we know that would be very bad if Dagoth Ur found out. Like, for instance, that the plan is the destroy the heart. Which we may have just blurted out to Awesomicus while the Ascended Sleeper was watching.

catenate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: April 29, 2014, 02:35:07 pm »

I thought Fluttershy was supposed to be that Nord who didn't particularly want to kill rats.
Couverture: A chocolate-covered mod brings you a dark chocolate figurine of the deity of agriculture looking offended.

aban avuzsazirmafol tunur … kib saziradilîton kezkďg ugoshódkelid shatagistrath … kirondatanavuz ustosteshkad angngotololum―Bomonolthîkut fragments
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 161