Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 591993 times)

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Illustrated) Roll to Dwarf
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2013, 06:46:42 am »

Summon the ghosts of the elephants who died and have them haunt the mount home to... ANNOY EVERYONE!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:15:35 am by blademan9999 »
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 11, 2013, 06:54:49 am »

Goddammit

Try my patented (also patent it) "Pinnochio" style of gaining the life sphere again. I.E. CRAFT A REAL DWARF THIS TIME. NOT A STATUE.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 11, 2013, 10:24:34 am »

Oops. Construct a mobile fortified tower with a ballista on top.
Head towards the Mountainhomes.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 11, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »

Keep practicing my dwarf-fu moves on aseaheru's body.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 11, 2013, 03:33:08 pm »

Oops. Construct a mobile fortified tower with a ballista on top.
Head towards the Mountainhomes.

This will end well....

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 11, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »

What? Why?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 11, 2013, 05:00:53 pm »

What? Why?
From my experience, every RtD (the non-serious ones, at least) only have so much time until someone decides to stop going by what their character should logically do, and instead be as crazy as possible.
The exact time depends on the players and the game itself, but I haven't been able to figure out the exact equation for determining when this phenomenon is triggered.
More tests are certainly needed.

As a side note, I'm using some of the ideas that this game produces to work out rules for a pseudo-board game that I'll probably try to run in the forums at some later date, and stuff like this will likely be a built-in mechanic of the game.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 11, 2013, 05:49:13 pm »

What? Why?
From my experience, every RtD (the non-serious ones, at least) only have so much time until someone decides to stop going by what their character should logically do, and instead be as crazy as possible.
The exact time depends on the players and the game itself, but I haven't been able to figure out the exact equation for determining when this phenomenon is triggered.

As a side note, I'm using some of the ideas that this game produces to work out rules for a pseudo-board game that I'll probably try to run in the forums at some later date, and stuff like this will likely be a built-in mechanic of the game.
I believe if you go back a bit you can see my experimental equation on the subject :P.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 11, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »

What? Why?

I believe if you go back a bit you can see my experimental equation on the subject :P.
Yes, but that was for total thread melt down, not for each stage of the process.
The Derail Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 11, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »

What? Why?

Yes, but that was for total thread melt down, not for each stage of the process.

Didn't I kind of cross the "stop being logical and be as crazy as possible" threshold after my first turn? :P
Should probably include that in your thesis.

Indeed, I do this.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:55 pm »

Go to Mountain Homes.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 11, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »

Gather power from nearby shadows.
Rawr

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 11, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »

Didn't I kind of cross the "stop being logical and be as crazy as possible" threshold after my first turn? :P
Well, like I said, it depends on the individual players, some people will go bananas first chance they get, others have an infinite well of patience.
This is why Xantalos always plays a psychopath, so he's both crazy and in-character.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 11, 2013, 11:35:32 pm »

Well, like I said, it depends on the individual players, some people will go bananas first chance they get, others have an infinite well of patience.
This is why Xantalos always plays a psychopath, so he's both crazy and in-character.
and also explains why GWG can deal with Xantalos and everyone else on this forum
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2013, 01:18:01 am »

I don't always play a psychopath.
I just do most of the time because I find the random acts of violence I get to commit in the name of RPing fun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 233