Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Reboot Plot? (Don't vote yet)

Time Skip to Future (Several years, no current threats, heavy magic restrictions, living their own lives for the moment)
Matrix Wake Up -Layar- (Lost the final battle and were captured by the Layar. Have woken up to worl taken over. MUCH weaker than believed in 'Matrix')
Matrix Wake Up -Osmodias- (Dreamworld due to mass mind control and mind domination. Powers lost or exaggerated in the dream state)
Ashley Void Takeover Plot? (Void being takeover)
???
??????
Random Voters thingy for those who feel like voting for nothing.

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 499

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls IC OOC (Currently voting for V3 RotMG)  (Read 252084 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls IC OOC (Currently voting for V3 RotMG)
« Reply #7380 on: May 30, 2014, 06:58:25 pm »

It's been a while since I paid attention to this RP, but if we were to start on a full on Reboot, I think I might rejoin.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: May 30, 2014, 06:58:44 pm »

To be honest if I was rebooting this I'd turn it into a proper magical girl game.
Then... why... don't you?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: May 30, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »

It's really not hard to grasp the basics of magic girls.

And what have I said that's worse then just dumbing a character down to 'Sex fairy'?
That was at least accurate to some degree in terms of promiscuity and overall species. I was far more irritated when the first thing you said in regards to Lizzie pertained to intercourse with Kyle.

Idealism, magic, funny costumes, a mentor animal mascot thing, Fanservice, friendship via defeat, etc, etc.
Well, there's magic, some friendship and I suppose fanservice.
Um, are you able to befriend a corpse?

Hmm...
How about this? Get an idealistic, costumed mascot critter. That assimilates the corpses of fallen enemies using them as friendly puppets and toys?
Spoiler: Like this but cuter (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: May 30, 2014, 06:59:30 pm »

Don't have the time -exam revision for the next school year!- and I might consider starting a Persona game instead.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: May 30, 2014, 07:00:41 pm »

Don't have the time -exam revision for the next school year!- and I might consider starting a Persona game instead.
I'd join that too.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: May 30, 2014, 07:02:28 pm »

Hell, I might do tomorrow or something, as I already have a couple of ideas.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: May 30, 2014, 07:02:53 pm »

Elf may do well running a Persona game.

Also, I felt better being the person to make the first joke about it then someone else.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: May 30, 2014, 07:04:03 pm »

Sure as hell wasn't how I interpreted it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: May 30, 2014, 07:04:34 pm »

Hell, I might do tomorrow or something, as I already have a couple of ideas.

Good. I wouldn't mind joining up, so long as it has some direction and structure.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: May 30, 2014, 07:05:58 pm »

You're not the only one. From now on I'll re-frame from making joke based on what other people remember about my characters in most situations.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: May 30, 2014, 07:07:40 pm »

I would be up for joining a persona game probably and what I meant by tired is that the old tropes are tired. There is no need to stick to every one of them and many magical girl shows don't, it's best to try new stuff rather than just copy the old just because that's what the name of the genre is.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:09:32 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: May 30, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »

I'd join a persona game too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: May 30, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »

I never thought it was a totalitarian government that we were suggesting, it's just a government that has high restrictions on how magic is used.
Which is pretty reasonable. Look at how most first-world countries have handled gun control...and last I checked, civilian firearms couldn't control peoples' minds, destroy buildings with a single shot, or rip open rifts to dimensions full of things man was not meant to know. Although I hear all of those functions can be accomplished by some guns DARPA's working on.

How is discrimination against a set of people not like that? What if they did it to Jewish people or black people?
If the Nazis were putting people who could and often did cause death and destruction with nothing but their brains into concentration camps, they would...well, they'd still be villains, but if they stuck to the stage where they registered Jews magic people and forbade them from setting people on fire with their minds without a permit, they'd be viewed as reasonable.

How is it at all legal to monitor people who can for example move a spoon one foot at exactly migldnight? Because that's magic as well and that would be something that needs to happen according to your suggestion.
"They're saying magic would be regulated and whatnot. Therefore the government goes 1984 at the first sign of magical ability."
Smooth, Mr. Scarecrow-Maker.

Why would you allow people to need to be watched over something they can't control like their eye color?
I wouldn't. I would, however, be fine with letting people be watched over for something they can't control like the ability to ruin lives with a thought.

that being said, many of the things IRIS did were illegal. Like you know, locking people away without trial? No matter how dangerous, that's not right. Production of weapons against international laws, (and geneva convention?) well dayum. and who knows what else. IRIS has a very busy time of paying tons and tons of lawyers ahead.
I'd say it's more likely to just be shut down.

Look at it this way, would a resonable character in X-Men think that the regulation is humane? If the answer is no then obviously it's not a good idea.
Well, since no one's suggesting making Sentinels, sending minor offenders to the Phantom Zone forever, or putting a team of psychopathic supervillains in charge of enforcing the laws, the answer is "yes". So that's irrelevant.

Pretty damn hard anyway to register unless the entire world bands together to do so.
Still won't work and no one will try it.
Say you get some person in, say they're magical but you don't know that, say you ask them "Do you have magic?", say they reply "Nope.", the fuck do you do then? You won't know. Hence trying it is futile.
Simple. Having magic and not registering it is illegal, just like it's illegal to have a rocket launcher without a permit.

Akroma said it's like gun laws. That means that besides no one needing a license for it in most of the south you need a license everywhere else or you literally are a walking violation.
And what, exactly, is wrong with that? Having a registry of who can teleport into bank vaults, control peoples' minds, and set people on fire is a good thing.

We can't base it off magical girl shows unless we do a complete reset, everyone is too old for it.
Angel isn't!

Well, why are we trying to stick to a genre that no one actually knows a fucking thing about?
Because almost everyone here is an idiot? And I mean that in a good way.

There was the sex fairy.
Am I the only one who sees that as proof enough that Xan should never be taken into account when we need an opinion on this game?
Yes.

And what have I said that's worse then just dumbing a character down to 'Sex fairy'?
You don't want me to answer that.
And it's not an inaccurate description of Conny, given its brevity.

To be honest if I was rebooting this I'd turn it into a proper magical girl game.
Then... why... don't you?
Because rebooting requires paying attention and other GMing skills?
No offense, Elf, I'm just pointing out that you haven't been terribly...active during your stint as "GM".

Stop the presses. I agree with Emp.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have magic regulation handled the way RL governments would. That is to say, they wouldn't sit on their lazy bums while magicians took over African countries and repeatedly came within spitting distance of ending the world as we know it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: May 30, 2014, 09:01:12 pm »

Actually, trying to get people to rebel against the govenrment for trying to regulate magic users like that sounds exactly like something Kyle would do. I'd do it to since I think it's stupid and would be way to expensive and impracticable to put into effect.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: May 30, 2014, 09:25:03 pm »

Actually, trying to get people to rebel against the govenrment for trying to regulate magic users like that sounds exactly like something Kyle would do. I'd do it to since I think it's stupid and would be way to expensive and impracticable to put into effect.
Who exactly would be rebelling? Even if not registering is illegal, you probably won't get caught, as with software piracy.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 499