Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 51121 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Pretender Time
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »

Hmm. Having spent some time these past two weeks screwing around with the most recent 0.04 changes to CBM, I must conclude that CBM is not very well playtested. There are a couple of weaker nations out there that got nominal boosts that actually play out as nerfs, primarily because the combat AI doesn't know when or how to use (or more pointedly, stop using) certain spells they added. *sigh*

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2013, 11:07:32 pm »

It's rather funny, when I think about it. While we were still deciding on a map, I generated my pretender over a hundred times in search of a specific title. I didn't find it.

When we had finally decided to pick Sharivar, I resigned myself to another session of generating the same pretender 50+ times in search of that one title.

I got it on my first try.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2013, 10:39:38 am »

Pretender sent.  Duncan MacLeod has joined The Game!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »

So we're just waiting on Fearless Leader, then. Hopefully Akhier acts swiftly, so I'm delivered from the temptation to continue to tweak and second-guess my Pretender submission...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »

Sorry will be up soon. I fell asleep last night(early this morning(okay not that early this morning)) when I should have been doing it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:17 pm »

The Pretenders of the World:

For Abysia we have Jeff, He who tempers the Spirit, Patron of Languages, the Undeceivable God
For Atlantis we have Graght gik'Phell, Prince of Writing and Speech, Sword of Balance, Commander of Truth
For Caelum we have "Life, Libert, and the pursuit of Burger", the Far Traveler, God of Arcane Mysteries, Lord of Heavenly Fires
For Ermor we have Jack Noir, the One Always at the Shoulder, the Undecievable God, King of Terror
For Helheim we have Supreme Overlord James, God of the Hunt, Patron of Languages
For Lanka we have Punk Rock, Guardian of the Tablets of Destiny, Lord of Strength, God of the Rock
For Maverni we have Duncan MacLead, God of Many Names, He who is at the center, King of Courage, Patron of Soldiers, King of Kings
For Mictlan we have Cain, the Rock, the Watcher of the Gallows, Bane of Man, Patron of Soldiers, the Evil Prince
For Tien'chi we have Garden Decoration, the Afterthought, Guardian of the Bridge, Symbol of Unchallenged Victory
and last, but certainly not least, we have for Yomi Jefferson, God of Gods, the God above all, Patron of Herbalists, Patron of Languages, King of the Oni.

Now, Jack Noir, Arch-Agent of Ermor, would like to remind you that he is a humble agent of the Ermorian Monarchy, and only heads the Bureaucracy of Ermor.

EDIT: Also as a reminder to everyone - Diplomacy should be managed through the forum PMs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:00:19 pm by bulborbish »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2013, 07:57:53 pm »

So let's see: just by patronage and pretension, we've already theological beefs between:
  • Jeff, SO James, and Yomi Jefferson over who gets to represent Language
  • Duncan MacLeod and Cain over who represents for the Soldjas
  • Duncan MacLeod with Jack and Yomi Jefferson, with Duncan saying he's their King
  • Punk Rock and Cain, with Punk Rock saying he's Cain's God
  • Yomi Jefferson and everybody, with Yomi saying that he's EVERYONE'S God
Did I miss anything?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2013, 08:07:58 pm »

Heh, my pretender has unchallenged victory over the garden and the decorative bridge over the small pond in it. Truly he is the center piece of many a garden party.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »

Annnnnnnnd... fluff:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2013, 10:16:18 pm »

I'll see your fluff, and raise you some intro music.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:47 pm »

Oh, we're doing some fluff

Spoiler: Ermor Fluff (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2013, 10:57:09 pm »

With that, I can honestly say that no power scares me more than Ermor, land of those who wish they were dead.   :P

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2013, 11:32:30 pm »

With that, I can honestly say that no power scares me more than Ermor, land of those who wish they were dead.   :P
There is a reason for Mid and Late Era.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:40:59 pm by bulborbish »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2013, 12:01:21 am »

Pffft. The children of Gnaghaut do not fear the Ermorians. Let them try to bring their meddlesome bureaucracy into our realm; we will laugh as their triplicate memorandums despairingly run and inevitably bleed out in the salty sea of the tears of would-be bureaucrats who came before them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2013, 12:35:31 am »

Pffft. The children of Gnaghaut do not fear the Ermorians. Let them try to bring their meddlesome bureaucracy into our realm; we will laugh as their triplicate memorandums despairingly run and inevitably bleed out in the salty sea of the tears of would-be bureaucrats who came before them.

You only say that because their parchments dissolve when wet!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39