Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)  (Read 10785 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 04:54:54 pm »

((OOC thread, which really should be linked in the OP.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »

The veil of creation tore before his beak, and Raven hopped in, questing about with beak and feather. Hmm. The concretness hadn't settled in yet; this was obviously an early one, the heirarchy not yet settled, still mutable and fun.
Those ones were his favorites. But what was here really wasn't all that much. Just a black void with a few specks of lowly matter and some creatures on it. Sure, the resident shapers were interfering with their behavior, and that was always fun, but there were almost no other features to this place! How dull! It would have to be fixed. Raven cast his gaze upon his midnight black feathers and found them speckled with ether from the trip here. It would do. A few shakes and an act of will later, and the cosmos was positively glowing. Spheres of luminescent white light floated around, swirling into abstract patterns with the slowness of ages, but shining with the brilliance of true stars. As an added touch, he reached out and plucked the heartstrings of the mortals living on the rocks they called home and tied them to the stars. Forever more when they gazed up at the sky they would wonder at their brilliance and perhaps find themselves questioning their own importance. Why were they here? What were they doing? What was out there?
He hoped this would call their minds to the dieties shaping their lives and prhaps spark a little resentment that they could not let them do as they pleased.
He had always hated dullness, after all.
He settled himself down on the fabric of night, a darker shadow on the wing of the morn, and watched.

Unbound Act: Raven forms the Night's Eyes, a collection of glowing orbs that shine bright enough to be seen as stars from any of the planets. They float back from any observer who attempts to approach them (save Raven), making it seem as if they are eternally off in the distance. When gazed upon by a mortal, they serve as the spark of inspiration for a relevation, be it the solution to a personal problem, a philosophy, or a way to found a civilization. They also cause the viewer to question their place in the universe and become curious of what is beyond their worlds.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 09:50:48 pm »

Turn 03

The Chaos beasts begin a great period of evolution thanks to their Creator's powers.  Some become even greater things of nightmares in the eyes of the humans, but the Jotun become ever more curious towards the beasts.  With the Night's eyes escalating their search, they proceed to manage to bring a couple thousand of the entities into a state of equal cohabitation, but not domestication, for the Jotun do not want to dominate the mind of another race, which leads them to also accept the Trolls into their villages.  Thousands of Chaos beasts begin to leave the planet, drawn towards the Night's Eyes, their travels causing some to stop upon the planet that they decide to call Great Journey and a lone protoplanet far from the center of the universe, only stopping, to their lament, that they cannot see any source of energy to sustain them on their path, having barely managing to get to the point they are now.

Among the oceans of ice and dunes of sand that make up Great Journey, the Chaos beasts discover what appears to be remains of a civilization, and they take up abode inside of a deserted, collapsing city.  They find great stockpiles of rotten food, and some of their kind are able to purify this, thanks to their mutations.  A civilization develops amongst the ruins, but with the rate of growth and the neccessity of food amoungst a fair portion of the population, due to the inefficiency in their photosyntetic processes or to living underground, it could collapse.  However, this is not to say progress isn't made, for due to their greater proximity to the night eyes, they manage to quite easily learn how to reverse engineer what they discover, but their wide varieties of mutations renders much that they learn to be unnecessary.

Upon Nemesis, crystalline lifeforms appear, and when they are found by Malevolent Elves, by the guiding of the Prophetic Spirit, whom they believe came from Arathea despite what it says, they learn to harvest the creatures, causing easy facilitation in the creation of their wagons.  Some of the crystals are able to be used as food for the Elves, allowing their numbers to grow, and yet more are used for providing light and heat to the elves, allowing them to harvest where the sun is lower in the sky.  Storage is not an issue, for the crystals are always coming with the turning of the planet.  Their wandering civilization proceeds to develop, facilitated by their wagons beginning to cluster into groups that slowly grow larger and more powerful.  War does not erupt, for all are needed to work alongside each other to remain away from the devouring heat, which manages to take the lives of many of the elves.  Due to the necessity for all to work, they never notice the gift of the Night's eyes, or make great amounts of technological advancement.

Upon the third planet of the thirty-light year system, crystal wurms appear.  They delve deep into the rocky planet, and begin to harvest its resources.

The Malevolence creates a pact, but none besides the Malevolent Elves know of it, and they primarily use it to avoid running into places that would trap them and cause them to be caught by the flames.

Back upon Tantiy, the people upon it experience great changes.  Pits open up and swallow many of the race of man, placing them in the gullet of Tantiy.  Those who escape do so upon ships that are quickly built to save them.  Those who escaped slowly begin to cluster together, surviving off of fish that wander the seas.  The ships originally used to flee are bound together into large city-ships, that for the most part remain in one single location, while other boats are created to gather the fish that feeds the population.  Three of these become extremely powerful, and sometimes skirmishes are fought over territorial fishing rights.  These are short-lived, but prompt them to each develop their own ways of sea conflict, that they share with their lesser allies.  One uses magic, another technology, and the third uses a combination of both.  Slowly, these people adapt to their living conditions, proceeding to create algae farms within sectors of their city-ships for more food, creating nets to efficiently catch fish.  The former humans slowly gain various amphibious adaptions and a bluer skin tone, which causes them to change the name of their race to Merfolk.  Occasional forays onto land are needed to harvest lumber for the ships, and some occasionally are caught by the pits, but all are quickly killed by what lies within.

For those who fell into the pits, originally or later, are devastated by the Bloodspore Mold, which acted as an assimilating infection.  The beasts that were taken in die quickly, with the exception of the Drakes and Humans, who work together to fight off the mold.  Fire is created to help fight off the mold, and the two races slowly eek out an area that they can live within in their war against the mold.  Careful preparation is done to make the cavern creatures safe for consumption, and the two slowly create their own civilization carved into the side of the Gullet.  Due to their proximity, reliance upon each other, and the energies running through Tantiy, the two races slowly begin to take on aspects of the other, eventually becoming a single race, the Drakin, a scaled, winged humanoid race that has most of the advantages of both races, and few of the drawbacks.

Upon the land of Tantiy, the Jotun manage to create a unified civilization with the Trolls and the Chaos beasts.  The Trolls are used for construction and digging, the Jotun work upon more delicate farming and processing, and the Chaos beasts work across the board, varying upon where their mutations best put them.  Together, the three races, assisted by the Night's Eyes build up a grand civilization, but the great stone eruption degrades their progress somewhat, massive pieces of rock destroying a few cities.  There is peaceful squabbling amoungst the races, wondering if they should trust their creator entirely.

It is thanks to the wonderings of various peoples that three new deities come into being, Jabiron, Por, and Harbinger...

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stellar Objects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:00:51 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »

Tantiy was pleased. It saw Its actions making the world a more peaceful place. A better outcome of these actions could not have been hoped for. It saw the Chaos Beasts, the Merfolk, the Drakin. Each made their own civilizations. And yet, each was imperfect. They struggled, they had trouble surviving. Moreover, new beings were entering the universe, more than Tantiy cared to count. It was a delicate situation...so for each of these new civilizations, Tantiy chose a single small change to improve them.

The Chaos Beasts had perhaps the hardest time of all. They barely survived. Tantiy took what they had, their mutations and their leaf-skins, and made them greater.
The Merfolk could survive, but had trouble living. They needed new powers to thrive on the waves. In addition, they couldn't keep falling into the Gullet. So Tantiy blessed the Merfolk; some of their children began being born with strange new powers.
Finally, the Drakin. Truly had Tantiy taken the most from these, so truly would It return the greatest gift. Each had a Quest they knew from birth, of varying difficulty. If they completed their Quest--to kill a dark overlord, or discover a secret, or make a truly wondrous work of art--their greatest desire would be fulfilled by that action. Perhaps the lord-slayer's heart's desire would be wooed by the might of the slayer, or the secret would be what they needed to become rich, or the sculpture would become imbued with magical powers needed to heal a dying sibling. Whatever the Quest and the wish, the Quest's difficulty was dependent on the wish's.

Tantiy watched the universe unfold, fearing and hoping for its future.

Act: Become 3 Minor Acts
Minor Act: Improve the Chaos Beasts' photosynthetic capabilities.
Minor Act: Make some merfolk Magfolk, who can summon plants from their hands and cause them to grow. This reduces the need for trips to land, if not completely removing them.
Minor Act: Give Drakin their Quests, as noted above.
Free?: Only swallow those who actually order war or somesuch into the Gullet. Stop punishing men for the deeds of their ancestors.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 04:11:33 am »

Jabiron awoke and rose to consciousness. The world calling to him, full of life, and the Lights that make it possible for everything to exist. Ready to keep them blocked out, or even extinguished.

He tore pieces of his great cloud off, and set it adrift, giving them consciousness. The planetoid-sized cloud shall feast on the warmth of stars, and expend this energy to travel. Barely visible, except to those who look, and able to shroud entire continents.
He sets his pack of creatures upon the world, to feast and breed on the Energy of the Light. He hopes they inspire both fear and courage onto the tranquil lives of the mortals.
Jabiron names these creatures the Shrouds, and waits as they do his bidding, feasting on the warmth of The Light. He gives them a single purpose before he decides to rest once more, having expended all his power, and that order, is to concentrate feeding closer to populated planets.

Mighty Act:Jabiron creates a race of mighty planetoid space clouds called the Shroud, which feast on light and use the energy to breed and travel to other stars. They focus on feeding near populated planets, in order to shroud planets in darkness. They are sentient and roam in packs, breeding via seperation/mitosis.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

To Tanity

"Hey, dirtball don't go modifying my race.  I don't treat them like children I give them necessary tools to survive, it is up to them to thrive for that is their nature."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »

Tantiy feels a small voice against Itself. Turning its consciousness towards this voice, It answers in a voice which would be deafening if it was not so silent:

What is it that bothers you so, and who are you that speaks to me?
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 08:36:20 pm »

"The creator of Chaos Beasts, the God of Chaos; MutOrb. All I ask is to remove your cursed incantation on my creations for each is unique which is a strength that comes with being a Chaos beast. "
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:45:06 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 08:45:19 pm »

Ah, those. Well, if you are unwilling to allow your own creations to thrive, I suppose I will be forced to intervene...

((Incidentally, expect Tantiy's voice to change a lot until I get a handle on what it should look like.))
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 08:56:20 pm »

"It was unanticipated that the Chaos beasts will venture this far out into the void, for I would gave life to planet before they arrived. All I ask is just remove your incantation. They will eventually thrive it is just they need time to adjust at their own pace."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »

I will believe it when I see it.
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 09:10:46 pm »

Angered by my recent debate with the dirtball... Tantiy. I decided to go kill everything that was on Tantiy's surface by mutating them into horrible abominations. Oh, Joy! That will be so fun to see maybe if I am lucky I will see a couple ants go insane. But that annoying voice pops up again saying that you need to create a proper environment on the protoplanet so the Chaos beast can thrive as a species. I argue why? It retorts back once that Chaos beast finally found a proper civilization, they will be a force to be reckon with due to the great variety that comes with being a creature of Chaos. I ask how it says that you are God of Chaos so bring it to the protoplanet prove to Tantiy that you are more of a being of insanity. I would normally argue back but something changed I am compelled to help my creations due to guilt.
______

First, I gave a prophecy of the hole in the darkness to those who are tired from the Great Journey so they can come back to the protoplanet to help create a great civilization.

Then I moved to the hunk of rock I created, watching my creations clinging to existence so as my second act I brought atmosphere and biosphere to the planet. Then a couple of days later, I gave the element of constant change to the protoplanet so it will never stagnate thus it will keep evolving and adapting just like the Chaos beasts. The next I create two non-permanent wormholes one close by the Chaos beasts on the Great Journey and the other appearing above the protoplanet, however the Chaos beasts on the protoplanet will not be able to go through this wormhole it is only intended for those on the Great Journey.

As my final two minor acts I gave the Chaos beast the ability to rapidly adapt, and evolve to new situations.  Next I gave them a creative mind so that even though their bodies adapt, their minds can too.

Act=3 minor
1. The prophecy of the hole in the darkness to the Chaos beasts on the Great Journey.
2. Rapid mutation/evolution for Chaos beast
3. Creative minds for the Chaos beasts

Act- Give planet atmosphere and biosphere

Chaos Act- The planet will constantly change and adapt just like the Chaos beasts, but making sure will not completely overwhelm the Beasts by this change

Chaos Act- Create the two non-permanent wormholes(only last enough time for the Chaos beast to leave or not) for the Chaos beasts on the Great Journey thus fulfilling the prophecy.

Note: The planet will appear as a multiple colored star in the skies on the planets that have beings living on it
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:24:33 pm by jaass »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »

The Harbinger watches. The Harbinger waits. Now is not the time for actions. Now is the time for patience. The Twilight is coming.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 11:29:23 am »

Arathea regarded the progression of life with its sage eye, and it was displeased. Its servants were progressing acceptably, but the forces on Tantiy's surface irked the force of destruction. They advanced quickly, without proper challenge on the idyllic surface. It became clear that the previous action had not been sufficient. More drastic action would be required to correct this slight.

Summoning a sliver of its power, the god took a bar of a strange metal known as Tungsten from its mighty collection, and cast a divine enchantment on it. The bar would constantly radiate intense heat. With a dextrous dimensional toss, it cast the simple item into the core of Tantiy. The increased temperature would radiate outwards, causing Tantiy's mantle to heat up and seeth with increased convectional forces, causing wild tectonic activity on the surface. As the wave of heat continued to expand, it would extend the reaches of the sea of magma, heating the surface of Tantiy from within. The gullet would become the victim of extreme heat, even perhaps melting to join the expanse of the mantle. The surface would heat up, the seas perhaps beginning to boil, and the planet would suffer a great calamity. Some would survive, perhaps, migrating to high polar regions, and soon enough the bar would melt under its own heat and Tantiy would return to its previous form. The gifts of the creatures such as the Oracle Spirit would guide them to survival. The unfathomable cosmic entity smiled as it contemplated how something so small could have such disastrous consequences. However, there was still work to do before the god could rest and let its effects be seen over the coming years.

The elves must be guided on their path to Elysium, so the god returned to Nemesis. Firstly, the Oracle Spirit needed to be dealt with. Cradling the creation in its dark embrace, Arathea adopted it as its own, transforming it into the Malevolent Oracle Spirit. The creature would function similarly, albeit according to its new creator's wishes. Its hosts would take on the burden willingly, earning divine knowledge with a lifetime of self-sacrifice. It would no longer offer a trial, for the Malevolent Oracle would undergo the trials in place of its guests, its sacrifice bettering the community as a whole. Then Arathea waited, and watched the destruction that would soon enough consume the unwise.

Minor Harshness Act: Create the Rod of Heat. Place it in the center of Tantiy.
Minor Harshness Act: Modify the second Oracle spirit to taste.
Such is the will of the Malevolence.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:32:52 am by Remuthra »

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 11:42:55 am »

ptw
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7