Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Garoleth - A Byond game inspired by Dwarf Fortress  (Read 12090 times)

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Garoleth - A Byond game inspired by Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »

Did some quick updates this morning to prepare for the clan bases/armor update coming later this week.

There will be another map reset after players have the chance to peruse their available choices.

Changelog:
Nethertravel/return has a cooldown.
All units now have a unit cap of around 50, unless they're a special case (spiders,dragons,sandkings)
Melting no longer gives experience.
Bugfixes for black turfs in the sky-level resulting from fires below them.
All gem armor can now be created properly
Gold items have updated icons

V1.2
Destroying bridges should work properly.
Dark Dragon breath reworked - now the opposite version of holy dragon breath, healing undead and slowly damaging others.
Buffed fire - getting burned now damages your limbs and eyes - they can be destroyed by this
mineingskill capped at 200
destroying buildings in the desert or swamp should properly replace the destroyed tile with the correct turf
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:58:48 pm by rojiru »

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 03:30:15 pm »

The server's ready to take donations for clan-related stuff. Read the link below to get in on it before the next reboot this saturday.
http://garoleth-byond.wikia.com/wiki/Clans

Alexhatcher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 03:21:08 am »

Just popping on to give this game a review from someone who played DM from 2006 (it's release year) The codes been changed, map reworked year after year. Despite what others say, this is no longer a rip, or some copy of the source. Rojiru has long changed the code beyond enough to derive it from the origonal source. I've also played Dwarf Fortress for years on end. I love the Rp aspect he's given this game now. I enjoy the clan reworking hes doing and the new patches hes coming up with.

Free or paid, I found this game to be a great time killer and relaxer.

FlynnHarley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »

What happened to this? It's been down for more than a week now. Is it down for good?

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:40 pm »

Yeah, it's down. D: ---ALSO, you've literally taken sprites from Dungeon Master and stuck them into Garoleth. I mean I dont have a problem with it, just, have you talked to the owner about doing that?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:30:34 pm by DwarfOfTheLand »
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:48 pm »

Yeah, it's down. D: ---ALSO, you've literally taken sprites from Dungeon Master and stuck them into Garoleth. I mean I dont have a problem with it, just, have you talked to the owner about doing that?
the problem is that no one has seen him for a year or two. (not that i am saying he should not try to ask him.)

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 08:14:01 am »

Oh, I didn't know he was inactive, in that case, rip the code and stick it in Garoleth for added improvements. ;)

Jokingly, of course
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 06:08:32 am »

I'm inactive in the development and hosting of this for the moment. I was in the hospital for a few weeks, so running the server and coding isn't really something I was up for. Might not be up for it for a while.

I had in fact tried contacting Ginseng for months before I went ahead and took ownership of the updated game. As for the icons - Ginseng by-and-large took most of the icons in the game from repositories on the byond website itself. How they're arranged in the game makes up a large part of the game, and I've got them arranged differently than he did. :D

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2013, 10:29:07 am »

the problem is that no one has seen him for a year or two. (not that i am saying he should not try to ask him.)

To be fair, at most it's only been three months. He was an admin on a Sundered Earth server awhile back just to get this part of the story straightened out.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2013, 10:54:34 am »

Not to be a jackass, I just came across this thread, Isn't this game a RIP of dungeon Master of some sort?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »

To be fair, at most it's only been three months. He was an admin on a Sundered Earth server awhile back just to get this part of the story straightened out.

His last post was in 2011.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2013, 04:24:39 pm »

He was still on Byond, he just didn't do anything with his game.
He is still ask able if you really tried.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »

He was still on Byond, he just didn't do anything with his game.
He is still ask able if you really tried.
fix'd and ask able?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »

So is this dead now?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 07:31:56 am »

I'm going to put the server up on a trial basis for a few days, see how I can handle it. Stop by if you get the chance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4