Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924475 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14865 on: June 01, 2014, 08:13:12 pm »

GWG, If you would kindly post the basic synopsis of the GURPS rules, the parts that matter, I will gladly read it and look at what could and couldn't work.
Spoiler: Basic Rules (click to show/hide)
(Note: If we want to use the system proposed by Akroma, the above would be pretty easy to add in as a way to determine precisely what powers/perks/etc are "balanced". Which is what I've been proposing ever since I noticed that people liked Akroma's system.)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Damage (click to show/hide)
TL;DR: GURPS is useful for powers and perks. While people think it's complicated, it's just simple with lots of choices.

Any specific queries or things you want clarified further?

Fires a beam of particles that move at 0.5c
That is going to have some nasty side effects. Maybe not as bad, due to you firing a single atom as opposed to a baseball, but you get the general idea.
Ah, yes, good ol' WhatIf.
Yeah...fun. I think a closer approximation might be the Oh My God particle mentioned in a later article, but still. Potential...issues.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: June 01, 2014, 08:18:10 pm »

It fires a beam of energy particles, not actual matter. And plus the energy is moving at 0.5c, but that's still pretty fast. Fast enough to not be able to be dodged.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #14867 on: June 01, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »

Damnit, I was halfway through my own post on gurps. Whatever, I put 20 minutes into it, I'm finishing it and poisting it anyway.  :P

Welp, here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:36:30 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: June 01, 2014, 08:31:43 pm »

PrivateNomad's Characters and Lore
Characters
~Dr. Alucard Faucheuse
~Bartimæus
~HILDA-01
~Lizzie Accalia [DECEASED]
~Winry

Lore
Spoiler: The Other Place (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:48:54 pm by PrivateNomad »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: June 01, 2014, 09:43:32 pm »

It fires a beam of energy particles, not actual matter. And plus the energy is moving at 0.5c, but that's still pretty fast. Fast enough to not be able to be dodged.
As to the first bit, it matters little at those speeds. Unless you're firing neutrinos, but who would make a neutrino-based weapon?
As to the second, the trick to dodging something moving at half the speed of light is much the same as dodging something moving half the speed of sound: Keep an eye on the firer and don't be where he's aiming.

Damnit, I was halfway through my own post on gurps. Whatever, I put 20 minutes into it, I'm finishing it and poisting it anyway.  :P
I've been there. Except that I usually finish the post before noticing that I got ninja'd.
Your post certainly gives a more in-depth look at the GURP System than mine did. Though I'd like to note that, if you're offering more than one kind of challenge, "putting every point into Strength" or somesuch isn't too helpful. My brother likes to sink every point he has into skills like Guns and various Melee Weapon skills, plus some related advantages and such, and he typically ends up being worthless at most everything except combat. (That might also be because he tends to antagonize NPCs, but...well...the min/maxing doesn't help.)
Another note: Angle makes GURPS sound complicated, and it is...if you use all the rules. Pretty much no one does. Pick and choose the rules you need. At the core, there's just character creation (in my opinion, the gem of the system) and "roll 3d6 and try to go low".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:46 pm »

Yeah, but you can't dodge the actual projectile unless you went faster than half the speed of light. Which people usually don't.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: June 01, 2014, 09:47:19 pm »

Same goes for dodging bullets. Or, at close range, pretty much anything except an axe or a fist.
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #14872 on: June 01, 2014, 09:56:11 pm »

If anyone is interested but uncertain about the complexity, I'm thinking of running a simple Dungeon Fantasy game. If anyone's interested, come check it out.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: June 02, 2014, 12:49:31 am »

Someone tell me how this looks and if anyone wants to help me test her out. If anyone wants to help me test her out, then I also need someone to GM for us.

Spoiler: Frederica (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:57:59 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: June 02, 2014, 01:33:02 am »

Eh, let me stat up Kyle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:24:42 am by kj1225 »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: June 02, 2014, 01:40:53 am »

Hmm... Now that I think about it, her two modes should do something for her other than allow her to use two skills. Should they also buff her in some capacity?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: June 02, 2014, 01:55:18 am »

What does the show/manga say?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: June 02, 2014, 02:10:28 am »

That is a loooooot of buffs.

is that about Stella?, cause most of em are both positive and negative
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14878 on: June 02, 2014, 03:06:02 am »

As to the first bit, it matters little at those speeds. Unless you're firing neutrinos, but who would make a neutrino-based weapon?
Well, if you have a rifle that fires a lethal dose of neutrinos that really good aim/intel, you'd be able to snipe people through the planet :P Probably not the most efficient but it certainly does have a degree of style.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: June 02, 2014, 03:09:07 am »

If someone shot me through the planet I wouldn't even be mad.
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1030