Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977251 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #3615 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:54 am »

Yes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:40 am »

So I gathered.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:57 am »

I did explain that the further something is removed from humanoid anatomy, the harder trying to figure out where to stab becomes.

As far as body parts go, there is often parallels to go by, eyes being eyes, noses being noses, fingers being fingers, etc. it takes some planning and usualy multiple tries, and has a much higher chance of either having no effect, or side-effects, or simply an entirely different effect, at Elfs discretion, so I will leave rolls and the result of such rolls entirely up to him

but hey, the internet sais that their fur is impenetrable, and that their only weakspot is the inside of their mouth. That renders acupuncture pretty much a moot point, but nevertheless makes hainuwele either the best or the worst person to fight them, depending on how determined, and on how fire/poison breathing the enemy is

the esophagus leads right past the heart, you just gotta stab at from where the beating comes from when it is at it's loudest

and then hope it dies quick enough to leave time for an escape and a thorough bath later
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: January 20, 2014, 12:04:24 pm »

hmm, I have a plan that would suit Hainuweles disadvantages and advantages

somebody call the household for backup, I dont wanna meta myself just into a scene

there is just another weakness to manticores that is too good to pass up and just wittle them down in a battle of attrition
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:07:02 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: January 20, 2014, 12:08:15 pm »

I did explain that the further something is removed from humanoid anatomy, the harder trying to figure out where to stab becomes.
And yet you tried to justify her also being good at acustabbing quadrupeds.

As far as body parts go, there is often parallels to go by, eyes being eyes, noses being noses, fingers being fingers, etc. it takes some planning and usualy multiple tries, and has a much higher chance of either having no effect, or side-effects, or simply an entirely different effect, at Elfs discretion, so I will leave rolls and the result of such rolls entirely up to him
The biggest problems are:
1. The body parts are connecting funny. Human head, leonine body which needs to be twisted on the inside for the wings to be more than ornamental, and a tail from the very not-vertebrate scorpion...I'm guessing the only way to find most meridians, especially ones that "should" be in the neck, back, or base of the tail (near the "connective" points of various creatures) would be trial-and-error.

but hey, the internet sais that their fur is impenetrable, and that their only weakspot is the inside of their mouth.
That explains why it was killed by putting hot lead down its throat.

the esophagus leads right past the heart, you just gotta stab at from where the beating comes from when it is at it's loudest
You have ten seconds or so from mouth to stomach. And you'll be pummeled by peristalsis. It ain't as easy as it sounds. And even if you hit, you'll probably end up in the stomach, and/or suffocating.

hmm, I have a plan that would suit Hainuweles disadvantages and advantages

somebody call the household for backup, I dont wanna meta myself just into a scene
1. Dude, we've been chatting about it mentally. If we haven't figured something out to connect you to the network, we've been doing something wrong.
2. How will she get there? The airspeed of a flying swallow, African or European, carrying a coconut or no, isn't exactly highway speeds.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: January 20, 2014, 12:11:26 pm »

when i started the game, it was you who said I didn#t have any mind-talk yet. excuse me for assuming I could not simply ignore that

that being said, the airspeed of a trained combat pigdeon. has been mentioned in creation post

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 20, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

when i started the game, it was you who said I didn#t have any mind-talk yet. excuse me for assuming I could not simply ignore that
Yet. It's been days, and it's something that could have easily happened off-screen.

that being said, the airspeed of a trained combat pigdeon. has been mentioned in creation post
Where?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: January 20, 2014, 12:16:21 pm »

" And thus, she leaves her homestead on the back of her trained and loyal combat pidgeon , Galda, in such for adventure and glory that will make her immortal in legends. Little does she now that the occasional human wandering into the land of the little folk do not usualy qualify as actually difficult opponents."

it has been mentioned several times in-game as well

anyway, for someone who called me out for "making stuff up on the spot", I find it odd that you would suggest I gain new and completely unrelated powers off-screen

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: January 20, 2014, 12:17:38 pm »

But what about an unladen swallow? Also Kyle has a combat mount.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: January 20, 2014, 12:18:05 pm »

Why would combat pigeons be capable of flying that much faster than normal pigeons?
1. If you'll notice, warhorses and racehorses don't have much in common as far as horse breeds go.
2. There isn't much you can do to make pigeons faster. Well, there is a lot, but it doesn't do much.
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: January 20, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »

But what about an unladen swallow? Also Kyle has a combat mount.
....fucking Kyle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: January 20, 2014, 12:19:53 pm »

Why "Fluffy"? It sounds like the kind of thing a ditz would name his deadly untrained barely-tame pet.

Hainuwele still flies. Nice weather considering it's...what season again?
School just started so...um...does Australian school start in Autumn or August?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: January 20, 2014, 12:20:43 pm »

Why "Fluffy"? It sounds like the kind of thing a ditz would name his deadly untrained barely-tame pet.

And what seems off about Kyle naming it Fluffy?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: January 20, 2014, 12:20:57 pm »

Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21:02 pm »

Because Kyle is silly? I don't think anyone needs you to tell us that.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 1030