Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977279 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #4185 on: January 23, 2014, 04:41:44 am »

Yeah, that could combine the infiltration and espionage aspects rather well.

Oh right, Diplomacy.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 23, 2014, 08:34:13 am »

question regarding magical forms, personae etc

mostly it seems that magical forms seems rather independant, I quite often see them both talk during the same conversation etc - but what about in combat? does the character have to transform into her magical form, and how do wounds on either form influence the other once transformed? what if the magical form is knocked out or killed, what about the nonmagical form?

same set of questions regarding personae
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 23, 2014, 08:55:39 am »

Well, it would seem magic forms and nonmagic forms are interdependent on each other and unless something specific changes that they can't be removed without death occuring. Thus not dying is a good idea.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 23, 2014, 09:18:53 am »

/*"I just hugged Jack the Ripper!"*/
"Should that concern me?"
Probably.

He silently promises to himself that he'll get into both Bismuth's and Ashley's good graces.
Good Shys'm Caes, Kyle really DOES ship KylexEveryone.

<That would make two of us...>
Kyle needs to work on his counting abilities.
Bismuth, Kyle, Maria, Yuri, Shys'm Caes, and Nuriel makes six.

Too bad. Pistol < giant fucking sword. These are sturdy target things.
Even so, a pistol's at least going to make a hole.

Alice thinks it over before nodding. "That is why we exist. If that means I am not welcome in this world because of it, then so be it... there's a conflict in Africa that can appreciate my skills... even if they'll hate me no matter what I do... at least if I join, some people will hate me less."
This will be...interesting.

hmm, still no word from elf to comment on my plot outline, damn him
until then, I had a nice idea for a gap filler, comedic and inconsequential enough to be easily retconned to have happened whenever...
*grumbles about TV show plotlines*

idea pool so far: talent show, costume contest, battle royal, fanservice, offense, defence
Fanservice?

Bear in mind that, despite being called Rise of the Magic Girls, most tropes relating to actual magic girl shows have either faded away into the background or never existed. And this also takes itself more seriously than said shows. (Usually.)

Considering some of the characters in this RP, suitable events include:
-snip-
A lot of those are illegal, unethical, and redundant.

question regarding magical forms, personae etc

mostly it seems that magical forms seems rather independant, I quite often see them both talk during the same conversation etc - but what about in combat? does the character have to transform into her magical form, and how do wounds on either form influence the other once transformed? what if the magical form is knocked out or killed, what about the nonmagical form?

same set of questions regarding personae
The characters do have to transform, but I don't think anything has canonically been said by Elf about how things affecting one body affect the other. Elf has had Selina sleeping and transforming into an awake Ghost, though, so it seems separate.
Who the hell knows about personae? That stuff's crazy, man.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 23, 2014, 09:47:54 am »

lore question, do in this setting demons make deals for souls, and are they bound to their part of the contract?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 23, 2014, 09:52:44 am »

Sometimes, yes, especially the ones too weak to be likely to get souls other ways. They would have to make deals to avoid angering the (likely much more powerful) demons who would normally get the person's soul, though.

More or less, yes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:22 am »

what are the other ways, and what are souls used for?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 23, 2014, 10:03:42 am »

Whenever someone dies, if they are deemed unsuitable to work in heaven for whatever reason, they are sent to hell and some demon or another gets the soul. Which demon does depends on a number of qualities of the deceased. Once, it was simple--child molesters go to one demon, regicide means you go to some other, etc--but between trading bits of each domain and the increase in the number of demons, this system gotten to be more...complex over time. Demons on Earth sometimes "corrupt" people to get them to one demon or another so they can claim a reward from said demon.

Souls are kinda like slaves. They work and form the backbone of the infernal economy. Notable souls, like kings, heroes, and celebrities, are often kept more as "trophy pieces" or else sold to richer and more powerful demons who do so. Powerful souls unsuitable for "trophy"ing are sometimes used as soldiers. (Actually, any soul can, but more powerful ones are more common.) Sometimes, souls are eaten; this empowers the demon, but most would consider the soul to be more valuable than the power increase. It's mostly done as a sign of extravagance.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 23, 2014, 10:05:07 am »

is there canon information where souls come from?

what about reincarnation and generaly other religions?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 23, 2014, 10:05:58 am »

Not that I know of.

I dunno. Probably deals organized between the gods of those religions and the various powerful demons of hell.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: January 23, 2014, 10:09:24 am »

And Buddhism, the fucker-upper of that system?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:13 am »

I have no clue how Buddhism fits into any fantasy kitchen sink.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 23, 2014, 10:17:11 am »

any canon information on the origin of demons?

did shism just go "YOLO" and create them, or what?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 23, 2014, 10:18:25 am »

Is there anulything established for demonic reproduction? Because I did a thing for that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: January 23, 2014, 10:20:00 am »

any canon information on the origin of demons?

did shism just go "YOLO" and create them, or what?
The origins of basically everything, from Earth to Heaven to Hell to man and gods, is still pretty undefined. The various gods probably each have their own story, and they're probably all wrong.

Is there anulything established for demonic reproduction? Because I did a thing for that.
Sanure and I have been working on that.
Basically, a demon can spend a bit of its power and give up a bit of its domain (which souls it will get) to make a new demon.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1030