Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1009391 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #8325 on: February 25, 2014, 09:33:48 am »

it's steampunk steam, ain't got to explain shit
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:07 am »

If it's going to act magical, call it magic!

And in other news, yay. I avoided having to figure out a whole personality too fast due to impulse control stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: February 25, 2014, 10:18:35 am »

And in other news, yay. I avoided having to figure out a whole personality too fast due to impulse control stuff.

...? Yay?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:15 am »

no no no no, there is a fine, hardly noticable difference between magic-tech, anime-tech and steampunk-tech. Not in application though, mostly visuals.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:53 am »

...? Yay?
I impulsively introduced the dragon, even though it's a bit earlier than would be ideal. So I was glad to get rid of the dragon (until Kyle ruined that).

no no no no, there is a fine, hardly noticable difference between magic-tech, anime-tech and steampunk-tech. Not in application though, mostly visuals.
*rolls eyes*
Magic is used for practically everything not covered by some other supernatural crap. Might as well add one of the supernatural descriptors to the "steampunk" thing if you're going to ignore physics and sanity like that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: February 25, 2014, 10:58:40 am »

meh, in a world where magic exists, technology must be allowed some cookies every now and then so it's not just pointless as magic can do all it can do and even more

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:32 am »

meh, in a world where magic exists, technology must be allowed some cookies every now and then so it's not just pointless as magic can do all it can do and even more

Alternatively, apply science to magic and fuse the two to end up at Magitek! Just... avoid experimenting on any deranged clowns...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: February 25, 2014, 11:08:16 am »

1. Kyle.
2. So?
3. Technology that functions on magical principles still counts as technology despite explicitly using magic.
4. There is a difference between "cookies" and "violating the laws of physics".
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:07 am »

.....unless, of course, Annabelle is secretly a Genius.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: February 25, 2014, 11:12:20 am »

The Transgression variety? Wouldn't that fall under "it runs on magic"?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: February 25, 2014, 11:13:53 am »

nah, magic is magic, technology is technology. There has been no talk about it, mostly because of timezone differences, but ICARUS is not acknolwedging HILDA as a robot. She is more or less a modern golem. I mean, she specificaly has no mechanical parts, but instead moves and shifts about by controling the makeup and shape of her base material - pretty much like Neferis.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: February 25, 2014, 11:14:48 am »

I still say Annabelle is a Genius. PERSONAL HEADCANON GO

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: February 25, 2014, 11:38:25 am »

nah, magic is magic, technology is technology. There has been no talk about it, mostly because of timezone differences, but ICARUS is not acknolwedging HILDA as a robot. She is more or less a modern golem. I mean, she specificaly has no mechanical parts, but instead moves and shifts about by controling the makeup and shape of her base material - pretty much like Neferis.
What is your definition of "technology"? I would say "applied science," and of course science can be applied to magic if magic isn't actively trying to not be studied.

"Because awakening dragons have caused structural damage and loss of life all over the planet. If they continue to do so as they please, they are a threat to humanity and must be erased. If the authority of the council is recognised and they give the order to not bother humanity, a war that would be costly to both sides would be averted."
I never did say the dragons anywhere else were attacking. In fact, I believe I said the opposite.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:51 am »

4 of the dragon kinds in the doc are labeled as violent, I have a bit of a doubt that so far nothing happened apart from dragons just kinda wandering around doing nothing

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: February 25, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »

I still say Annabelle is a Genius. PERSONAL HEADCANON GO
In the sense of technology, yes.
I mean, she managed to cross dimensions in a flying contraption made of brass pipes.

In other regions, she is kind of... Average.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1030