Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977116 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9540 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:16 pm »

Well, it isn't really a spoiler now so... he's fighting a hundred handed person from the Greek myths.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:41 pm »

By the way, I should be getting my charging cord on Monday. So, I'd appreciate someone summarizing what's happened sometime on Sunday or so.
Actually, summarizing important stuff would be nice now, too.
How much of the current plot do you know? Probably simplest to start from there.
There's a plot?

...I haven't been to the IC thread in days. Probably more than a week.

Well, it isn't really a spoiler now so... he's fighting a hundred handed person from the Greek myths.
A heconathere?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: March 14, 2014, 10:31:04 pm »

There's a plot?

...I haven't been to the IC thread in days. Probably more than a week.

Ah. Long story short, Projeck is finally running his plot and as such Ashley has kidnapped. So almost everyone headed over to Bulgaria and started following clues. And then there was this suspicious guy that people chased and I am doing a horrible summary, aren't I?

Anyways, for the past couple of days we've been waiting for combat to resolve so you haven't missed that much.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: March 15, 2014, 03:47:05 am »

a) I've changed tons of things. I spent months of sending PMs back and forth to make sure I am not contradicting canon too much. The very fact that hell exists as a seperate place shows that, normaly it would be identical to the void.
b) your "in-depth analysis" is persistently ignoring both me and Elf constantly telling that you are misunderstanding the whole thing and calling it stupid just because of that. How about you just shut up about it?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: March 15, 2014, 04:08:43 am »

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.) How about we just don't say anything. At all.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: March 15, 2014, 04:33:25 am »

Allow me to clarify, this isn't about the actual lore, this is about the actual name?

Yes, Wall of Star is horridly inaccurate.

...As is the copiously filled definitely not void-like 'void'.

Along with 'Fate' which only tangentially meets the usual definition of its namesake.

If the other two were allowed to be named as thus, why not also the Wall of Stars? Or should the Wall of Stars be renamed the Wall of Star-like things, Fate be renamed Void and Void renamed quantum mechanical crossovery stuff?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: March 15, 2014, 04:55:26 am »

the wall of stars is also definetly not part of the void. The name originates from a flavour source, one of the oldest "complete" and "accurate" descriptions of the make up of the cosmos, the Codex Dimensionis, by Sir Francis of Madrid, astronomer, philosopher, occultist and most importantly, researcher of the makeup of the universe, ca. 1600. He spend most of the later half of his life with research into teleportation, portals, magical gates, etc and for many of the spheres, was one of the first humans (that we know of) who succesfully entered all of the places mentioned in the description apart from the worlds core and alternate universes, which he only speculated might exist, and returned alive to write about it. As an astronomer, you can imagine his reaction when he first made it into the hull of the cosmos, whatever you may call it, and found it to be black, and filled with glowing balls of light.

"By the gods, it's full of stars."

And thus the foundation for the naming was made. Not having the tools and knowledge at hand to know any better, he lived and died in the firm believe that the stars we see in the night-sky were projections of what he found in that part of the cosmos.

Of course the entire cosmos model is about as accurate as the model of chemistry that shows atoms as different colored balls with sticks between them. Which is to say, for humans, it's entirely sufficent. If gods would try to explain the actual state of affairs, even Will would have problems wrapping his mind around it.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: March 15, 2014, 05:21:00 am »

IF you decide to completely restart, can I do a scene with Ashley causing time shenanigans because:
1. It can actually happen due to void
Probably a bit late, but as I only just have calmed down enough to read some of the other OOC posts thus I have not actually seen this post until now, I should point out that it cannot. @Elf and I already discussed how to stop all time distortion aside from dilating it through gravity and/or c fraction speeds which would still only go forwards and never backwards. Attempts to travel backwards in time do not work.
The past is a concept, not a location it can never e traveled to under any circumstances.
Attempts to travel forwards without the assistance of relativity slams you into Fate.

Make it impossible. In my current lore, time travel is damn near impossible as it is.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: March 15, 2014, 05:30:01 am »

that also goes along well with what I placed in the center of the cosmos, the entity that guards time. What's this, you are about to develop time travel? Well, it turns out that what you inherited from your father wasn't an old clock afterall, but instead and old fashioned ink and quill, and you became a writer, instead of wanting to discover time travel. How odd.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: March 15, 2014, 05:35:07 am »

That and time travel is a pain in the ass to solve.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: March 15, 2014, 05:48:16 am »

that also goes along well with what I placed in the center of the cosmos, the entity that guards time. What's this, you are about to develop time travel? Well, it turns out that what you inherited from your father wasn't an old clock afterall, but instead and old fashioned ink and quill, and you became a writer, instead of wanting to discover time travel. How odd.

The best kind of shenanigans.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Emp speaks in a manner that dissociates themselves from humanity again
« Reply #9551 on: March 15, 2014, 06:05:22 am »

I never understood why humanity prefers viewing time as some sort of axis rather than a mere concept developed in response to our universe's (macroscopically at least) causality-driven nature.

One perceives a present and remembers a past as the arrangement of the past dictates the events of the presents, hence, remembering the present and perceiving the past would not be as useful, nor would perceiving two presents. The future is simply what is anticipated.

The past and future may very much be considered to be mere concepts. I once again bring up the Omphalos Hypothesis, as after all, it is essentially impossible to disprove due to it coming under probatio diabolica. If the past is but an illusion fabricated to make history seem longer than it truly is, then can one travel to it? If the answer is yes, then an issue arises: as, for all we know, our past may be a mere delusion, and should we truly be so deluded, the validity of our other perceptions come into question, what difference does our false past have over the false past of a madman? Does one person's past take precedence over anothers? What right do we have to say that there is even a chance for us to return to what is little more than a concept.

The present is little more than an infinitesimal instant, perhaps we are entombed within this notion of the past. We may all have been fabricated a nanosecond ago. Not just a nanosecond ago from this post, but one nanosecond from now. It is ALWAYS now. Now is the present.

Right now, the universe may have been created five minutes ago. Five minutes from now, this will all be memory, hence once again, the universe may have been created five minutes before five minutes from now.

Can one truly travel to a place that does not exist?

It is not simply a matter of paradoxes and whatnot, it is the uncertainty of how long everything truly has existed for and whether a mere notion is bound to anything concrete.

Likewise, the future does not necessarily exist, it could after all, be a notion of what is to come rather than what will occur rather than something with such certainty that one may travel to it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:09:12 am by Empiricist »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: March 15, 2014, 06:09:57 am »

The way I see it, Time isn't a line or paths that a person will take, its the impossibility of something happening at a position in the universe that something else should happen in. For example, I decide that I don't want to take a sip of my sprite, but I still end up doing it. It's impossible for me to not take a drink of my sprite, but I said that I wouldn't and I did drink some. If that makes any sense.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: March 15, 2014, 07:50:53 am »

a) I've changed tons of things. I spent months of sending PMs back and forth to make sure I am not contradicting canon too much. The very fact that hell exists as a seperate place shows that, normaly it would be identical to the void.
b) your "in-depth analysis" is persistently ignoring both me and Elf constantly telling that you are misunderstanding the whole thing and calling it stupid just because of that. How about you just shut up about it?
a. So...you called the Wall of Stars that because it's what you called it for the other setting, but you've made far more radical changes from that setting elsewhere. Gotcha.
b. That one part was that. And you weren't "constantly telling that" until after I made the analysis, so of course I ignored it. Excuse me for my lack of precognition.

-snip-
-snip-
The way I look at time is that it is the dimension we see stuff changing in.
Imagine Flatland for a sec. You know, A. Square and such? A. walks south in a straight line. However, in the dimension of time A. Square over that period looks like a...slanted rectangular prism thingy.
I'm having trouble explaining this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: March 15, 2014, 08:02:06 am »

just because you don't find the name to be an accurate description enough doesn't warrant that it immediatly gets changed. Basicaly what Emp said. Also, star is a perfectly valid descriptive metaphor for things that look like stars. They are big, shiny balls of light, floating in what visualy looks very similar to space. They just happen to not have much in common with actual stars beside their visuals. And in the end, Wall of Stars sounds better than Wall of vaguealy star-like-in-appearance unidentified objects. What's next, you going to rage over celebrities being refered to as stars? Or the other way around, complaining that a wall made of celebrities would do a poor job at holding the cosmos together?
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1030