Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977206 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10455 on: March 29, 2014, 10:50:57 pm »

I suppose it's because Worm probably wasn't written to be a completely realistic simulation of people in such circumstances. Nor is Miss Hermitcrab. They are merely people's interpretations of such, much like how psychiatric models of the human mind are as well. The latter are simply more specialized and researched to their role.
Well, Rachel sounded quite a bit like feral children. I'd hazard a guess that wildbow did her homework. From my knowledge of psychology, that result is pretty likely. No social skills? Little desire to interact with people? Attempts to circumvent these ending badly?
No offense, but until stated, your knowledge of psychology is rather dubious from my perspective. Furthermore, I doubt the hermit crab (because "hermit-crab with a closet for a shell" takes too long to type) was in the same conditions. Bullying and mild isolation do not seem to be factors that would make someone resemble a feral child.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: March 30, 2014, 01:32:47 am »

@GWG

Either that or, y'know, you didn't bother asking Andras. He's got shit to do, unlike the other entities, so he can't be asked to read into every single thing you people do. I even reminded you about Andras and the two people who have Andromalius' title, before the crisis ended.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: March 30, 2014, 02:21:06 am »

Is there some sort of miscommunication quota that each plot/miniplot must reach?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: March 30, 2014, 09:39:46 am »

I'm going to assume that says 'probably in the milk aisle of your local supermarket'. But ours has separate milk and cheese sections, so hah! :V
Actually, "milk duct" initially due to Google Translate's dubious quality, but I quickly edited it to "dairy section" :3
Still says Milch, so hah. :P

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: March 30, 2014, 10:36:29 am »

How do you unwatch a post? I don't want the updates for these anymore.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: March 30, 2014, 10:43:34 am »

how rude

also Twi it's Wo ist der Käse
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: March 30, 2014, 10:44:34 am »

I don't think there is a way to stop getting updates
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: March 30, 2014, 10:46:57 am »

Yes, it is.  But *bops with music singing it the wrong way*

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: March 30, 2014, 11:55:45 am »

So Merrick met Kyle. And Kyle is no longer in France so it's gonna be interesting if he calls the castle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: March 30, 2014, 02:53:27 pm »

I suppose it's because Worm probably wasn't written to be a completely realistic simulation of people in such circumstances. Nor is Miss Hermitcrab. They are merely people's interpretations of such, much like how psychiatric models of the human mind are as well. The latter are simply more specialized and researched to their role.
Well, Rachel sounded quite a bit like feral children. I'd hazard a guess that wildbow did her homework. From my knowledge of psychology, that result is pretty likely. No social skills? Little desire to interact with people? Attempts to circumvent these ending badly?
No offense, but until stated, your knowledge of psychology is rather dubious from my perspective.
Fair enough. I'm pretty sure we're all working from pretty much nonexistent backgrounds, so the field's level at least.

Furthermore, I doubt the hermit crab (because "hermit-crab with a closet for a shell" takes too long to type) was in the same conditions. Bullying and mild isolation do not seem to be factors that would make someone resemble a feral child.
Selina was raised by a mother who was barely ever there and had no friends or anyone else to interact with for the first decade and a half or so of her life. Regardless of her personality, she's going to end up feral-ish from simple lack of human contact.

How do you unwatch a post? I don't want the updates for these anymore.
Stop clicking the "NEW" button next to the thread title?
And that's pretty much the only way I ever track threads, so I can't help you past that.

((McDonalds Wi-Fi ftw.
I wonder how long until free wi-fi for customers/visitors becomes the norm.
Or rather, I wonder if we will have switched to some other thing first. Like, devices all linked together via some kind of quantum entanglement thing. Or at least high-speed satellite Internet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: March 30, 2014, 02:55:46 pm »

I got a new avatar.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: March 30, 2014, 02:56:33 pm »

I wonder how long until free wi-fi for customers/visitors becomes the norm.
Or rather, I wonder if we will have switched to some other thing first. Like, devices all linked together via some kind of quantum entanglement thing. Or at least high-speed satellite Internet.
Sadly, quantum entanglement doesn't really work for communications. You can only entangle individual particles, and at that level of precision it's just hard to manipulate them enough for a clear message. Not to mention the difficulty  of separating the entangled particles and then transporting them. Oh, and you can't just entangle any two random particles, it has to be  ones created in the same instant, from the decomposition of another particle.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: March 30, 2014, 02:57:54 pm »

yup, and it is so poorly compressed I can't see anything...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: March 30, 2014, 02:58:52 pm »

yup, and it is so poorly compressed I can't see anything...

Sorry I guess...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: March 30, 2014, 03:02:33 pm »

I got a new avatar.

I see that. Should I start shipping KjxWaifu now? :P
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1030