Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977265 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14190 on: May 29, 2014, 11:36:16 am »

How about we hold off on the crack down of magic for a later (I.E. Much much later) date? I'd rather not having Sen and Yomiko on the run for being demons. Samson wouldn't care so meh. And Uhco would be the target of an old fashioned Witch hunt due to her being the "Mana Incarnate"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14191 on: May 29, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

I don't think I'll care much about this if it goes through the changes you suggest.
So your saying you don't feel you can compromise at all on any of the changes suggested? Or maybe NOT have Kyle be killed but instead live to fight another day?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:55 am »

I think elf meant to go ahead and get the game back to a reasonable sanity by killing off un-needed characters or retiring some that aren't important. Or something like that.
Unless we kill basically everyone, that won't really help much.

I was thinking of trying to run a new version of this/ new magic peoples esque game, with less mega factions, no characters with corporations controlling magic, 1-2 characters per player MAX (with the second being more for RP purposes and to fit the theme), and no player run mission plots. (Roleplay mini missions in 'home base' so to speak would probably be fine)

The basic plot is rather simple, but heavily influenced by player actions. Also, more on keeping powers/magic incognito, and a used mana regeneration system. Thoughts?
Sounds like a fun time. Solves most of the biggest problems.

Kyle Keith and Kate are all dead or in jail for fighting in the crackdown... And I have no more characters because why the hell would I play a game where my characters get penalized for using their main power?
Why do your characters have main powers that get penalties?
And if you don't like this, you don't have to play. Go find some other game where you can godmode to your heart's content. The rest of us don't seem to like that idea.

He may also pull it off if he wasn't a billionair, by being crafty.
This is Kyle we're talking about, right?

Don't change anything. If you don't like the game then leave it and make your own.
kj, you're in the minority. Why should we be held back by one person who doesn't want anything to change?
RotMG has already changed, repeatedly. It changed a bit once or twice under scapheap's GMship, then when it passed to Elf, then as we got back into missions, then as more players came in, then as player missions started, then again and again as new developments changed dynamics. This change might be more deliberate and planned than the others, but it's still no more a change than all the others.

I don't think I'll care much about this if it goes through the changes you suggest.
Well, then...
If you don't like the game then leave it and make your own.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: May 29, 2014, 11:39:48 am »

well, as i said, it's really a thing to cull a bit down on character count. having a singler character to focus on actually gives some room for character depth. As far as Sen goes, she can easily look very human. It's just that she has to watch out more. Maybe there could be short-range magic scanner, dunno, retina scan to check for humanity or whatever, but that doesn't mean magic suddenly goes away. Only the magic stuff that is not smart enough to hide and adapt. There's probably lots of underground stuff happening everywhere
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: May 29, 2014, 11:40:39 am »

Well, for one thing I don't think the general public would like the people that have been keeping the safer than their governments have being targeted. I mean, we did save the world, IRIS publicaly came out to fight the Order, and most magic criminals are being fought be magic vigilantes. I'd think there'd be riots in the street if people tried that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: May 29, 2014, 11:42:46 am »

Well, for one thing I don't think the general public would like the people that have been keeping the safer than their governments have being targeted. I mean, we did save the world, IRIS publicaly came out to fight the Order, and most magic criminals are being fought be magic vigilantes. I'd think there'd be riots in the street if people tried that.
We don't know what the rest of the world has been up to. Assuming that the governments haven't changed at all? Stupid.
Besides, it's known that there are threats that we haven't handled, that have gotten out of control. And we're about as socially conscious as Superman; sure, we beat up General Zod, but we cause a good bit of collateral damage, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: May 29, 2014, 11:44:27 am »

thing is, in this setting, governments have been an entire non-entity, ever. IRIS is ignoring laws left right and center, and frankly speaking if the government wasn't so much of a non-entity, they could have handled everything we had handled.

as far as riots on the streets go, magic is more or less going crazy. People'd be more afraid of magic than accepting towards it, seriously, this is humanity. Government would be quick to catch on that and increase that stance. magic *is* super dangerous, and really *does* need regulation. And regulation is not a bunch of teenager running around and blowing magical criminals to shreds. that's murder.

also, simply by having a group of people around strong enough to face alien invasions on their own, that is not being controled by the government, the government will immediatly want to stop that noise. IRIS is far too powerful and independant for their own good.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: May 29, 2014, 11:45:07 am »

Anything concerning the Goverment falls under Elf's jurisdiction. Let's leave it at that
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: May 29, 2014, 11:47:18 am »

Think about the 'InFamous mentality'. InFamous is a game where you control a character with electricity powers. In every game in the series, people were always terrified of you at the start, but liked you (if you went the Good path) by the end. However, the next game in the series always showed that mentality coming back, especially in the third where its explained more indepth the reasoning behind this.

The fear always came back because people doing crazy, impossible things on a whim was scary. Imagine if you were caught in a bank robbery, and then some suddenly starts shooting fire at the robbers from their hands. No matter how much good they were doing to help others, everyone would still be TERRIFIED of the guy with fire hands.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: May 29, 2014, 11:51:55 am »

anything that falls under Elfs jurisdiction is handled by apathy and will never be handled at all. Just, putting that out there.

At the very least magic would need to be registered, one would need permits for that, and if you want to use magic fireballs to fight criminals, be sure that there are incredibly strict laws for that. For once, you'd have to be part of the police or something, and heck, just the paperwork needed for the police to shoot someone with a normal gun is huge. Magic, now that stuff is a beurocratical nightmare. So in short, it will be controled to hell and back.

the fact that the people who use magic for the good of others, (and succeed indoing so without collateral damage) would likely be highly in the minority, compared to those who'd use their newfound powers to rob banks or take revenge on people who bullied them (just imagine highschool when a bullied nerd suddenly gets super strength. The chance there is a bully who suddenly has his arms ripped off is incredibly high) would run through the media non-stop. The few actually succesful vigilantes would soon be entirely overshadowed.

remember that a big magical girl and super hero trope alike is that none of these dudes actually reveal themselves to public without a mask, because of the serious backlash

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:45 am »

I've already established this anyway. Also, I'm going to go on the side of government generally supports magical girl activities specifically if registered. But, prejudice wouldn't be as much as has been said.

Why? One, this is magical girls, not a superhero series. Two, because pissing off the magical community is just begging to get the entire world blown up, by nukes or spells. Three, because at least half the major players are Cradles of Magic and have at least part of the government as magical figures or at least sympathetic.

I've already established this. Don't expect me to be apathetic without first asking.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: May 29, 2014, 11:59:24 am »

well, back to the topic at hand. We have too many characters, and too naby resources, making any forms of suspence obsolete. We have casual talks with gods, and the general mentality is that nothing needs to be respected, feared to watched out for. The road is simply too smooth. That's not how a game that makes you feel awesome works - if you already start awesome, there is no sense of achievement whatsoever.

I understand fully when people get bored by that.

edit: and by what elf is saying, it seems that is not just a case of unbalance, that seems fully intended. the setting is to give us no challenge whatsoever, and instead unlimited resources to do unlimited things

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: May 29, 2014, 12:02:01 pm »

I have a slight problem (that can easily be fixed, really) with the long timeskip, as it kind of interferes with Ashley plot, and make her development with her turning more void not an active issue. Though, this really depends on how long the timeskip is.

As for the banning of bracelet teleportation in combat, I'm fine with that, as long as it extends to outright teleportation for obvious reasons.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: May 29, 2014, 12:02:11 pm »

That's the thing. There's still room for prejudice. And while the world is sympathetic, it's not necessarily helpful; what the fuck, exactly, are normal human police going to do against, say, a demon's legions? Nuking is out of the question, before you ask.

Also, think other planes, planets.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: May 29, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »

but that's so unsatisfying. It's not us facng the overwhelming odds, it's the villains who have to face overwhelming odds. What are we playing, a tower defence game, where enemies in greater and greater numbers and stats keep spawning until one makes it through, while IRIS gives us unlimited money for towers?
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1030