Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3772 3773 [3774] 3775 3776 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3023137 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #56595 on: March 25, 2014, 04:48:02 pm »

<Um... th-that already works... y-you can deactivate all incoming and outgoing data except the... th-the thing that  says y-your there...>
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56596 on: March 25, 2014, 04:48:23 pm »

((There is more than one place in Hell.))
((Lunette would have figured out which place before they went there. Your response implied that she didn't have to. :|)
((Alright, you'll just have to see how this goes.))
Lunette knows where Will is, or at least where he got sent to. She now just needs to figure out where she is and how to get from there to Will's location.

((though the annoying and game hindering nature of GWGs way of handling this urges me to just say "well, too bad for will then" and call it a day, that's not quite what ICARUS would do.))
((I wouldn't be hindering the game this much if I was a cyborg with 24/7 Internet access.))

ICARUS begins the Kyle routine: Wandering around aimlessly, projecting an image of Will and asking random demons if they have seen him.
None have, or at least none say they have. Several ask why ICARUS cares, several others remain silent, and a few make it very clear that they will render ICARUS to scrap metal if she doesn't leave them alone.

Basically, she summons their bodies and souls back, and it can be permanent if they didn't belong there and aren't getting held back. It also takes about 10 minutes per person.
Alright.
Luna's summons are blocked by some force. She has a rather uncomfortable feeling in her gut.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56597 on: March 25, 2014, 04:49:28 pm »

<Duly noted, however I am not adept at such things with the bracelets. I will see what Selina or Lunette can do. I do agree that something must be done hastily to prevent another 'Ashley'.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56598 on: March 25, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »

"Hmpf, and I thought what they said about hell was mostly christian propaganda. Do you have anything yet Lunette?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56599 on: March 25, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »

"...I'm not pregnant... and I didn't eat sushi yesterday... And its not that time of month... its a lord or somethin blocking me." Luna attempts to summon a demon she can get information from.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #56600 on: March 25, 2014, 04:59:09 pm »

((well then lets get some char development going instead of just keeping it in the shadow.))

<Then why are you living here with Nodoka anyway? Despite Kyle making it look like a fun dormitory, this is technicaly an IRIS base. Every single one of us..except maybe Robert, is a magical being of quite some potential, and we are almost constantly involved in dealing with potentialy dangerous forces. There were alien invasions, dragons, monsters from fairy tales. We will -always- be involved in some form of dangerous situation. Even if we don't seek it. You of all people should know that best. Purely by being in lose association with Shysm'Caes, seraphim came to our doorstep, blew up our house and "killed" you. Purely by associating with us, you gained the attention of our rivals at ASMRA, and see where this got you. This is not a place to raise a child, unless you are prepared that she can at any moment be involved in this, even if you don't want to. The safest place is behind the shield, not directly on it. This is the sacrifice that we are making to defend those who can't defend themselves.>
<I... don't wish to talk about why we moved out of the void. Besides, I have taught her all that I know in combat. She needs real experience, but not with a terrorist act. Yes, I know, the mission was to save me, but that still does not change my opinion on it.>
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56601 on: March 25, 2014, 04:59:39 pm »

"Hmpf, and I thought what they said about hell was mostly christian propaganda. Do you have anything yet Lunette?"

"I know where Will is being kept. Is there some kind of map of Hell we can use?"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56602 on: March 25, 2014, 05:00:59 pm »

Marie mehs somewhere. ...She summons Mallory for cuddles?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56603 on: March 25, 2014, 05:01:32 pm »

Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a demon.
 "I want to go to hell."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56604 on: March 25, 2014, 05:03:13 pm »

"...I'm not pregnant... and I didn't eat sushi yesterday... And its not that time of month... its a lord or somethin blocking me." Luna attempts to summon a demon she can get information from.
This occurs rather faster than expected, almost as if someone was working with her to summon it.
The demon appears, ten feet tall, blue-skinned, and four-armed. It glares at Luna.

Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a demon.
 "I want to go to hell."
((Demons being shapeshifters...what does he turn into?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56605 on: March 25, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »

Mallory is wherever Marie happens to have summoned him to. He stretches his limbs out as he yawns. "What do you want?" He asks with a dull expression.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56606 on: March 25, 2014, 05:05:12 pm »

He' s in her room, for maximum awkward.

"Cuddles,"
Marie orders, glaring. She cuddles him. She is still grumpy.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56607 on: March 25, 2014, 05:08:20 pm »

Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a sexy succubus in complete black lingerie with two horns and giant bat wings.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56608 on: March 25, 2014, 05:09:50 pm »

Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a sexy succubus in complete black lingerie with two horns and giant bat wings.
He gets a mental whistle from somewhere for his trouble. :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56609 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »

<Terrorist act? We took out the headquarter of an organisation that uses magic in evil ways to gain power and influence in the world - they were on IRIS watchlist for a long time. As a distraction to gain easier access to their HQ, we set charges on the houses of the CEO and the executives - that made a lot of noise, maybe shattered a few windows but that's it. There was not a single civilian target on our lists, only those in direct association with ASMRA. You will notice, they put the entire city on lockdown - nobody got in, nobody got out. They were using the city as a shield, hiding behind it. In a way, the entire city was a giant hostage. Should we just leave them to do as they please, just because their headquarters don't happen to be in an underground dungeon on a remote volcanic island? Yeah, that's a good policy, total material for success in the future. I will give you a hint. Since money is no longer the greatest form of power, several billionaires, and countless millionaires have started to gain a great interest in using magic for their interest, and magic users have started selling their skills for money. You don't need to be an analyst to see the problem here. Many, perhaps most of those who use magic as a way to gain power over others are actually in association or directly in charge of major coorporations. When magic was still rare, it was all just isolationist necromancers in their towers, but that is OVER. Magic will, no, magic already IS part of worldwide warfare. This is the times we live in. If we turn our eyes just because the enemy happens to have it's HQ in a major city and also happens to be a major job provider in the region, we have already lost. I have done my utmost to make sure collateral damage stays low - and it DID. If you want to, join an anti-magic protest, swing a board with your opinion on it around and shout a catchphrase to end the miss-use of magic. Seriously, I wish you good luck with that, that would be an awesome alternative - if it works.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 3772 3773 [3774] 3775 3776 ... 4748