- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49475 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:08 pm »

The Journal of Shadow, Lord of Frozen Wilds

My first act in my position as Lord of Frozen Wilds was to re order the military. I told them that we must train hard to ensure that the enemy cannot overcome us. I myself took up a spear and joined them. In during our first training session, Momuz our captain decided that his blade, which had once been wielded by the mighty Highmax, and had slain two forgotten beasts, several blizzard men, and a few ice wolves, was worthy of the name Egstakkesting, The Eviscerated Meteor.
Several migrants arrived. Among them was a high master armorsmith. Too bad there isn’t any good metal around here. I have ordered the miners to dig deeper in search of more ores, perhaps even the fabled adamantine.
The Elves came, and they brought a breeding pair of wolves, along with another grizzly. Now the denizens of the forest can help us defend our glacial fortress.
A cloud of that fiendish muck drifted nearby, and I ordered everyone underground. Fortunately no one got caught in it.
Another cloud of muck drifted past, this time engulfing two dwarves, along with all of our chained guard dogs. We soldiers do not wish to kill our own kin, despite their opposition to all life. We must find a different way to deal with them.
---
OOC: aka if I attack it’ll probably start a loyalty cascade. I’ll just wait for the goblins to show up and slaughter them.
---
The elves seem to be very afraid of the husked war dogs. They are blocking the exits, and the merchants seem to have gone insane with fear. One is weeping uncontrollably, and the other is trying to kill her horse.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2014, 08:35:39 am »

haa dumb elfs, If you have any extra giant knifes i would give one to a captian of the guard. One of my military has one and hes kind op with it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2014, 09:03:17 pm »

The accursed blade of Highmax! Perhaps now that its master is dead, it can be used for more...savoury things. it would be a great tradition if it were passed down to each military commander, each trying to clean it of the mad-mans evil. Think of the kill list, the number of kills it would get!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 24, 2014, 11:03:15 pm »

OOC: facepalm. I didn’t realize that there was already a Shadowhammer, so that guy is just coincidentally named similarly to me. Don’t mind him.
---
An ambush! Curse the goblins! They sprung from hiding as the human trade caravan was pulling in. They began to attack the evil dogs, but so did the merchants guards. There was a short battle, which left one merchant dead and two of our soldiers wounded. I myself was unharmed, but Th4DwarfY3 and Wolfbane are both resting injuries.
A pink tourmaline spider showed up in the caverns, joining the other four beasts that were already there. This one is probably the worst, though: an inorganic webspinner, with a poisonous bite. If anyone decides to try and retake those caves, they will have quite a job on their hands.
I have decided to take a small risk and mine some of the admantine that I was just informed we had found months ago. It has now been forged into a spear for myself, and two swords for our some of our soldiers.
The dwarven traders arrived, but there is nothing we need, so I just allowed them to continue on their journey.
Finally! My project is complete! I can now retire in peace, knowing that I shall not be forgotten. (Due to time constraints, it’s a bit much less grand than originally intended, but oh well)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just when I thought my reign was going to end, the outpost liaison "hinted" to Th4DwarfY3 that he "might" elevate us further in the eyes of the realm. Now I wish I had been more civil with that caravan, maybe I should've even offered some loot to the mountainhomes. Oh well, I guess the next overseer will have to deal with that.
The last thing that I will ever hear as overseer is the announcement of the coming of yet another beast into the caverns. This one is a dimetredon with poisonous secretions, for a total of five. Depending what the poison does, this monster may be even deadlier than the spider, because it's spraying its secretions everywhere.

Notes:
-Military needs better armor. Maybe adamantine, because I forgot about the lack of iron, and didn't buy any steel. Oops.
-Once the above is accomplished, give battle to the fell beasts that lurk beneath the world. Charge into the caverns and slay the (five and counting) forgotten beasts.
-More accomodations are needed. There are several homeless dwarves, and not nearly enough tables in the dining room.
-Become the mountainhome. I think we need more exported wealth and more offerings.

Here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8360

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2014, 08:40:12 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfTWnULHLZg
This is what the Fb's cousin. Also yeah I redwarfed people but a spin on their names since they were not related to each other  :). I will get next person on it.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2014, 11:28:53 pm »

Will start my turn soon!
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2014, 10:54:53 am »

The accursed blade of Highmax! Perhaps now that its master is dead, it can be used for more...savoury things. it would be a great tradition if it were passed down to each military commander, each trying to clean it of the mad-mans evil. Think of the kill list, the number of kills it would get!
Could you imagine that thing becoming like Tyrfing? A cursed blade that causes bloodlust?

And bump because I need to get caught up :-[
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 06, 2014, 05:30:02 pm »

Well blade man is way past his time limit so next person is to go which is wolf bane or unless highmax wants to take his turn.

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 07, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »

Whoa Whoa Whoa there Dan.....
I'm just lurking.... sadly i don't have time to take part in a game so i'm in the shaddows yelling encouragements and making bad suggestion that people listen to!
I would suggest i be perpetually skipped.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 07, 2014, 09:07:43 pm »

Whoa Whoa Whoa there Dan.....
I'm just lurking.... sadly i don't have time to take part in a game so i'm in the shaddows yelling encouragements and making bad suggestion that people listen to!
I would suggest i be perpetually skipped.
Hmm you lurking fool i say come back here and face the terrors of dream-wings!! or not im fine with it, i will try to get next person on turn.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2014, 07:43:06 am »

Does anyone actually have time for a turn, if not, I volunteer. I'll get it done in a day or so and we can go on with our lives.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2014, 04:31:36 pm »

Does anyone actually have time for a turn, if not, I volunteer. I'll get it done in a day or so and we can go on with our lives.
Go ahead thus fliermanor can live on.

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 12, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »

I have some time now, so I can take the turn after Bokaza.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 12, 2014, 09:54:49 pm »

good thus fliermanor has risen from the frosty void again to spread reverences everywhere!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39