Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255182 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2013, 11:52:14 am »

((It's the nature of RTDs. The randomness just doesn't let you achive almost anything because you are going to get distracted))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2013, 11:29:00 am »

So, actions? I've got one, but that's... like... three less than I require.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2013, 11:39:38 am »

((I could do two actions to make up the slack if you like.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2013, 11:49:48 am »

((sorry, thought I had and will do this evening in 2-3 hours))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2013, 12:00:25 pm »

((sorry, thought I had and will do this evening in 2-3 hours now)

Well, that's one immediate problem solved.  Hmmm... maybe ask the book?

"Hey book, how should I get out of here?  Any helpful magic you want to lay on me?"

Consult book.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:54 pm »

"Wow. Sweet. Free at last."

Halesey looks about him to see who got away.

"Well, I guess going home is one option. But I just saw the power of life and death, man. Book," he says, holding his folder to his face Larry-style, "Show me more, dude. How can I control your awesome power better? How can I better serve the magic? Is there any kind of ritual I can use to honour the power?"

Or, er, something, he wanted to add...

Sit in the nearest corner. Rub face in book. Open self to book.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2013, 03:04:11 pm »

Elizabeth dusts off her clothes. "Let. Us. NEVER. Speak. Of. This. Again." After she is done with maintenance, she takes a look around. "Bye, Kat. Can't say I don't want to do the same."

"Well. What are you doing now? The whole leyline thing is called off for now? Fine then, I'm going home too. Not a whole lot to do otherwise."

Well, actually, search for a book store/library and browse the occult section. Not expecting there to be anything but bullshit, but one can certainly try.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2013, 03:08:13 pm »

Kat gives Elizabeth her cell number on a slip of paper before leaving, though.

"We might need to stay in touch, anyway."

((Assuming the GM lets me leave :P In truth, I'm just getting away from Lawas, not anyone else.

Dwarmin casts party disintegration!))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:10:40 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2013, 03:22:54 pm »

"Right, sounds good. See ya." Elizabeth nods in return.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »

((I'm just getting away from Lawas, not anyone else))

((What!?! What did I do!!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:11 pm »

((I'm just getting away from Lawas, not anyone else))

((What!?! What did I do!!))

((You potoato'd one of our members to death!

You're a loose cannon, lawas!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2013, 07:31:31 pm »

PTW

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2013, 06:05:51 am »

Kat, not so sure whether she is safe by any stretch of the imagination out here, decides to put her pants back on.

Ah. Yes. Everything seems so much more normal now. She knows what she must do, for the good of primarily herself.

"So, uh, about Larry... yeah... too bad... I don't know about all of you, but I'm going home before you all get me killed or...potatoe'd...I need a change of clothes, and more besides. Good luck with the bums," she says, beginning to leave. She sees Halesey slightly further away, and hastens her step accordingly. Elizabeth, having solemnly warned any people (mostly just Kat) in the near vicinity not to speak of this incident, responds accordingly after dusting herself off.

"Bye, Kat. Can't say I don't want to do the same."

After a moment's pause, she continues.

"Well. What are you doing now? The whole leyline thing is called off for now? Fine then, I'm going home too. Not a whole lot to do otherwise."

Kat doesn't respond in any conventional way. Instead, she just hands Elizabeth her number.

"We might need to stay in touch, anyway."

"Right, sounds good. See ya."

They both then go their separate ways, with Kat taking a bus over to her humble home and Elizabeth looking for a bookstore of some kind. Fortunately, there is one, though not in the industrial district. Takes a while to find it, but it seems like a decent enough place - has lots of used books, too. There's all sorts of weird stuff from the eighties and nineties in here, but not much in terms of occult knowledge, at least nothing that seems particularly legit. Mostly just bargain basement stuff for impressionable teenagers and extremely bored or gullible people.

Larry, still trapped in a potato dimension (and very much alive, contrary to Kat's expectations), tries to get somebody to throw him a bone. Like, say, the book.

"Hey book, how should I get out of here?  Any helpful magic you want to lay on me?"

The booming voice suddenly returns to his head, loud and dramatic as ever.

~LET'S SEE, MORTAL! CAN YOU HANDLE THE INTENSE, BOUNDLESS POWER?~

[Larry's mind roll: 1-->1]

Eldritch knowledge rapidly floods into his brain as the book lets loose. He tries to close the thing, but finds that it doesn't help. The book momentarily fuses with his mind, filling it with the most amazing knowledge. It still tingles in a really bad way, though.

Spoiler: Larry's New Spells! (click to show/hide)

Hm. Maybe not quite what he had in mind.

Halesey, meanwhile, tries to figure out who else got away from the vile vortex of potatoes. After doing a headcount, he confirms that he is indeed alone in an alley without a pair of pants to call his own. In certain circles, these are known as highly dangerous circumstances.

"Wow. Sweet. Free at last."

Halesey looks about him, sure that nobody's around. He then proceeds to monologue right ahead, perhaps to provide the universe with a justification for his actions.

"Well, I guess going home is one option. But I just saw the power of life and death, man. Book, show me more, dude. How can I control your awesome power better? How can I better serve the magic? Is there any kind of ritual I can use to honor the power?" he asks, holding the book up to his face.

~Man, I'm not sure I can give you all of my secrets just yet, even for a nifty ritual. How about we start slow? Maybe get to that leyline. Then I might trust you a bit more. Anyhow.~

[Halesey's mind roll: 6-->5+1]

Ooh, if this is the book's idea of starting slow, Halesey wonders where they'll both end up at this rate. He feels like he is enveloped in a magical, sparkling cloud of wondrous refreshment. It fills his eyes, his mouth, his nostrils and his ears, streaming into his brain and creating an odd sensation not unlike drowning. Halesey's mind perseveres, however, fishing out a great many magical tools from the magical mishmash of enchantment!

Ah, now that's more like it. Now Halesey can-

The rather insensible guy who pestered him earlier is violently chucked out of the vortex suddenly, landing in a shivering, whimpering, yet also seemingly unharmed heap at his feet.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2013, 06:59:44 am »

"Crikey."

It kind of came out without Halesey really thinking.

"That's some pretty cool power man. Shame I didn't get 'Summon Trousers' or something, but never mind. Oh hello," he added, seeing the pile of man at his feet. He realised very quickly that he should not undress the man and steal his trousers.

Well, the potato vortex works too well to give up... and the beans, well they are complementary. I know which two of these seem useful, but I could probably remember one more... Tuberculosis seems kinda cruel, I doubt it would kill anyone straight off, and do I even want to kill? And Rain of Shampoo? That might kind of just attract attention like them dinosaurs. I never met that many lounge singers, so I dunno about that one. And frozen sausage pillar? It's like that one was made up just to remind me of my nakedness. I guess I could set up as a butcher if I mastered it though...

Halesey thinks, and selects his spells, realises his cash and keys were in his trousers, and decides to act.

"Dude," he says, addressing the guy on the ground and offering his expensive stolen watch. "I'll swap you this watch for your clothes. Don't try anything funny or you're going back in the potato hole."

Try to equip grubby new clothes peacefully. Summon Stupid Desk Shield to see what it does. Once the desk is unsummoned or if it fails, head back to the factory with the laylines and scout out the back. Cast Rain of Shampoo. Looking as bedraggled (and shampooed) as possible try and get in politely and explain that I got kicked out my appartment and I really just need somewhere to stay and jesus christ did you see the rain it's the end times, man, let me in. No, I'm not one of those guys that tried to get in earlier. I've got dirtier clothes.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 244