Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255187 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #735 on: January 16, 2014, 11:36:24 am »

Read. Everything.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 16, 2014, 11:59:40 am »

((I want some of that))

Larry eyeballs Halesey.  "Good thing you told me, because I thought you were talking alien for a second."

Give the newcomer the stinkeye.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 17, 2014, 08:03:45 am »

Right, I need at least one full complement of players to post. That means either Cheesecake or Pancaek and scapheap.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 17, 2014, 10:29:34 am »

Read the mag once more
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:38 am »

((sorry about that, had an exam today))

"we're getting somewhere...slowly but surely"

eat another chip with dip, but take a small portion , read magazine once more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 17, 2014, 04:51:16 pm »

Empowered by the dip, the gang of misfits at Mr. Lee's try to get more spells.

[Samuel's mind roll: 3-1+1]

Samuel isn't terribly lucky on that front, though. There's the same drilling sensation in his head, the same shrill voice and the same feeling of diminished self-worth as he realizes that what he's got is but another kernel when he could be harvesting great gobs of massively excellent magic. It feels a bit nicer when he's stoned, though, he'll give it that. The drill feels less blunt, at least.

Spoiler: Samuel's New Spell (click to show/hide)

[Clair's mind roll: 2+1+1]

Clair, when she opens up the mag, has a much more pleasant experience. The alien place, the spell place - it loves her, she can tell. And she... sorta likes it, she guesses? It's very chill there, that's for sure. With the dip, she's having a good trip here. She even gets two lights rather than just one this time around, which makes her feel accomplished, relatively happy and also quite appreciated by the powers that be, whatever those might be.

Spoiler: Clair's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

John, now definitely the most experienced magician in the room, takes another chip, dips it and samples it. The effect of the dip intensifies - John can now see both colors and smells! Mr. Lee looks pretty dang fragrant, John must say. But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is more magic.

[John's mind roll: 4+1]

The dip helps a lot, clearly - he can feel the singing spheres better, and smell and see their song as well as hear it. Very valuable properties in a hunter - they help predict the spheres' paths, and let him get three spheres altogether! This is totally rad is what he would be trying to say here if he did not realize that, like a merciful fisherman, he must let at least some of these spells go.

Spoiler: John's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

As the stoned mages get their business going, Mr. Lee pipes up again.

"Now, not to interrupt you kids while you're magicking and whatnot, but, when you're ready and willing, maybe we could talk about something you all could do with these newfound powers of yours? I wouldn't like to turn you loose without a little guidance, you know. It'd be irresponsible."

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 17, 2014, 05:12:56 pm »

"If we must. So, what your idea, Mr lee

Spoiler: Clair Malk (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 17, 2014, 06:09:26 pm »

Sweet, huh? With spells like these, soon you will be the awesomest wizard around! Believe it!
((Oh god the voice in my head is Naruto. Someone hand me a trepanning drill please.))

GORGE ON DIP AND KNOWLEDGE.
Spoiler: Samuel Bornhast (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 18, 2014, 11:17:29 am »

"If we must. So, what your idea, Mr lee

"Well, there's these other kids - good kids like you, but a little headstrong, you know? They got their books and ran, and now their mothers are worried sick. I want to ask for your help in convincing them to come back - like I said, they're good kids. Be a shame to lose them. And I feel bad for their families, who got left behind. Can you help?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 18, 2014, 11:39:10 am »

((Quick question, can I only take one of these three spells, OR could I , for example, take all of them and discard three of the ones I already know?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 18, 2014, 11:42:32 am »

((Quick question, can I only take one of these three spells, OR could I , for example, take all of them and discard three of the ones I already know?))

You can only take one, sorry. You get more leeway if you get a 5+1 or a 6.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 18, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

You can only take one, sorry. You get more leeway if you get a 5+1 or a 6.
((Allrighty then))

"What, exactly, do you mean with 'lose them'?"

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:34 am »

"You know, they'll run off, get in with bad crowds and go mad with power, that kind of thing. I don't know where they got their books from, but whoever it was that gave it to them, definitely didn't have their best interests in mind. I was hoping to steer them on the right path, but they just wouldn't listen to me. Maybe you kids'll have better luck."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 18, 2014, 11:57:53 am »

"You know, they'll run off, get in with bad crowds and go mad with power, that kind of thing. I don't know where they got their books from, but whoever it was that gave it to them, definitely didn't have their best interests in mind. I was hoping to steer them on the right path, but they just wouldn't listen to me. Maybe you kids'll have better luck."
"ah, yes, we better stop them before they do something bad. Whatever that might be. What can we expect anyway? Because it seems to me that the destructive capabilites of these spells vary a lot."

Read book one more time. Then follow group

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 19, 2014, 05:31:41 am »

((Er, Cheesecake Jesus would, I imagine, er.

I have no idea? I think we would probably leave him to chat with our Fake Jesus so me and Toaster can get on with the business of becoming magnates of the gentleman's literature industry. He seems a bit lost in a world of his own, and not quite yet aware of the power of vegetable based vortexes.))
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 244