Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256182 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Wild Magicking
« Reply #855 on: January 31, 2014, 12:29:48 pm »

Larry squints at the pile.  "We'll count them now.  And what, you think I'm going to pick up all of these magazines and run before you can shoot me?"

Count!

"Nah, but you could have been lying to me about this being all the magazines you can get."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 31, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

"You think I just breathed them all out?" he said in a rare display of accurate sarcasm.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 31, 2014, 01:21:13 pm »

"You think I just breathed them all out?" he said in a rare display of accurate sarcasm.

"I know they appeared here somehow. And if you've got this many, why couldn't you have more?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 31, 2014, 01:23:32 pm »

"Let's just get your exact count for you, okay?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 31, 2014, 02:01:29 pm »

Help count!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:45 pm »

Samuel decides to look for either his friends or something equally interesting - a task that will surely be simplicity itself. He stalks through the streets, making sure to avoid the worms and the insects that plot against him and the rivers of blood and gasoline, and eventually does believe he's found what he's looking for! Two confused-looking people standing in the middle of the street, looking at the vibrating concrete jungle all around them. Clearly, they require a guide.

The idea of going to school appeals to Willy, mostly because he's never been to one and doesn't know any better.

"Hey Pete! Let's go! I've never been to a real school before!"

"Hm... it may be an attempt to misdirect us, but we trust you, portly man! We hope our trust has not been misplaced!"

"Nah, I've got a good feeling about yer chances to find something like what yer looking for!"

And so the two weirdos head back down the factory stairs, leaving the fat man alone, and, paying absolutely no mind to the complete absence of their loyal cultists, head out to find Mills High - sadly, though, they have no idea where it might be.

"I suspect we are both altogether too unfamiliar with this city to find what we are looking for, child! Let us drop to our knees in prayer for our Lord to show us the way!" Hungry Pete suddenly says, then drops to his knees, closes his eyes and seems to mutter something to himself.

Larry and Halesey, in order to find out the exact number of dirty god-mags in this store, participate in as quick a count of the ones that litter the floor right now. It takes the better part of two hours, but eventually the three men manage to settle on a total count of 3 357 mags. Not as good as some might hope, but a very decent number all in all.

"Well, that's definitely not ten thousand mags, but it's not too bad anyway. I think I'll agree on seventy-five cents per mag - a lot of the stuff here seemed to be of the more conventional kind."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 01, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »

"So how about this- I sign your paper and you give us a thousand now and the rest when you sell them?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 01, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »

"So how about this- I sign your paper and you give us a thousand now and the rest when you sell them?"

"That works. Let me call up my lawyer right quick."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 01, 2014, 03:02:31 pm »

"Don't we know a lawyer? We could ask him to check out this contract before we sign anything."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 01, 2014, 03:35:22 pm »

"Don't we know a lawyer? We could ask him to check out this contract before we sign anything."

"Sure. It's your right, after all."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 01, 2014, 05:32:43 pm »

Aside, to Larry...

"We could offer Al the Lawyer a 10% cut to keep everything legal and not screwing us over? Or 5? He was called Al, right? Was that this morning? He was a good guy and probably knows more about contracts that us. He'll let us know if we have to potato this jerk. Take it out of my share if you object - I don't think I actually need that much money any more, you know? I've... in some way ascended to a higher plane. A shamanic plane. Yeah. More, like, poetical than the life I've left behind."

If Larry doesn't object, try to go get Al the Lawyer to help us out on making sure the contract is legit. Offer him 10% out of my share or something. Point out this is legitimate and legal business. If he asks, I left mine behind in England as this wasn't meant to be a business trip, but I just can't help myself when it comes to business.

He surely wasn't called Al, right? Was he a lawyer?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 01, 2014, 06:12:27 pm »

"Well, I suppose we should go and ask if anyone has seen these kids"

Go over to one of the buildings that seems inhabited, knock on the door and ask for information about the kids

Spoiler: john (click to show/hide)

Nunzillor

« Reply #867 on: February 01, 2014, 08:06:02 pm »

Umm why not have the summoned lawyer take a look at it?  Free slave labor!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 01, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »

((That was the NPC chick's spell.  I guess we could go get her? No biggie, I guess.  Larry certainly wouldn't have paid enough attention to remember that, though.))

"Sure, whatever.  Once we get Summon Babes and Infinite Power, it won't matter anyway.  Or firing laser beams out of my nipples or whatever."

Nunzillor

« Reply #869 on: February 01, 2014, 09:48:43 pm »

Well, you could always raid an electronics store and acquire several walkie talkies to distribute to your group.  Or purchase them legally, I guess, if you are so boringly inclined.  Does everyone have cell phones?  I guess some of the homeless conscripts might not.

Have good infrastructure would give you a leg up over the various other magic wanna-be groups in the area!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:54:04 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 244