Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256042 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Wild Magicking
« Reply #930 on: February 11, 2014, 02:23:40 am »

"I... Er... So, do we rob him? Perhaps we should call an ambulance... I don't really know first aid and don't really wanna touch the naked dude..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 11, 2014, 08:45:20 am »

Larry shrugged.  "Let's poke him with a stick."

Poke him with a stick or a stick equivalent.  Broom, mop, whatever.  Not the musket.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 11, 2014, 10:33:31 am »

"Enchanté. My name is John. Might I enquire about the name of your friend who is peering at us from the doorway? I believe we-" He glances over at Samuel "-may have somewhat scared her off when we spoke earlier."

"Oh, that's just Raven. She's a bit cagey, you know. By the way, want to see something hilarious?"

"My name is Sammy Sammy Samuel!"

"You sound like a fun guy, Mr. Sammy Sammy Samuel."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 11, 2014, 10:35:40 am »

Yes, yes indeedy!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:59 am »

"Er, yeah? Okay. You do it."

Stand back.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 11, 2014, 11:10:19 am »

"Oh, that's just Raven. She's a bit cagey, you know. By the way, want to see something hilarious?"

"No, that's quite fine, thanks for offering. We're here to look up on you two and two others. Trey and Luz, if I remember correctly. People have been quite worried about your little...dissapearance. Where are Trey and Luz, if I might ask?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 11, 2014, 11:25:30 am »

"No, that's quite fine, thanks for offering. We're here to look up on you two and two others. Trey and Luz, if I remember correctly. People have been quite worried about your little...dissapearance. Where are Trey and Luz, if I might ask?"

"Those two are around here someplace, I guess. But come on, you just have to see what I can do. It's the most amazing spell ever! You'll be in no danger! C'mon!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:52 am »

"Those two are around here someplace, I guess. But come on, you just have to see what I can do. It's the most amazing spell ever! You'll be in no danger! C'mon!"
"Maybe in a bit. What are you guys even doing here, anyway? And before you go and turn Samuel into a glowing peach, why don't you tell me the name of this 'great spell' first?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 11, 2014, 11:39:06 am »

"Maybe in a bit. What are you guys even doing here, anyway? And before you go and turn Samuel into a glowing peach, why don't you tell me the name of this 'great spell' first?"

"But that'd spoil it! How about I tell you that you three won't be involved in it in any way? I just need to get this poster I've got in the other room and I'll come back and demonstrate. C'mon. It'll be the most incredible thing ever, I swear," Shauna pleads, crossing her heart and raising her right arm when she swears.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 11, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

"Oh very well, if you really can't contain yourself. But I expect to hear what you've all been doing here afterwards. Also, try and see if you can't call the ohters here while you get your poster, would you kindly?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 12, 2014, 12:55:43 pm »

Larry has a hypothesis on what may have happened to Mr. Klein. It seems fairly plausible, given the circumstances.

"Think he wanked himself to death?"

Halesey stares at him for a moment before beginning to formulate thoughts of his own. "I... Er... So, do we rob him? Perhaps we should call an ambulance... I don't really know first aid and don't really wanna touch the naked dude..."

"Let's poke him with a stick," Larry suggests. This is a measure Halesey finds acceptable.

"Er, yeah? Okay. You do it," he says, taking a big step away from the naked pawnbroker. While he braces, steels and otherwise prepares himself, Larry retrieves a broom and tries his ingenious plan of poking the insensible man. He pokes Klein in the back, then in the chest, then in the shoulder, finally tapping the handle against his head - he definitely doesn't seem very dead, judging by the way he appears to be shrinking away from the cold aluminum of the handle. After a few more pokes, he approaches a state close enough to mental coherency for purposes of dialogue.

"Uh... what? What's going on? Why am I naked?" Klein asks, seemingly snapping out of whatever state he was in.

John perhaps unwisely lets himself be talked into seeing 'the most incredible thing ever'.

"Oh very well, if you really can't contain yourself. But I expect to hear what you've all been doing here afterwards. Also, try and see if you can't call the others here while you get your poster, would you kindly?"

Shauna laughs while exuding a strange sense of peace. "Can't call the other two over, sorry. I suspect they're, er, heh-heh, getting busy, if you know what I mean. Wait right here," she says, then disappears into the next room for a few seconds, immediately returning with a rather large rolled-up poster. Giggling, she unfurls the poster.

Rather interestingly, it seems to be a picture of Adolf Hitler, looking very serious and Hitlery as he is typically known to do in these old pictures.

"'Kay, watch this," the girl says, then snaps her fingers at the picture, and the people in the room feel a shiver pass over their bodies as the picture suddenly seems quite different - for one, the fuhrer seems to be smiling, and is now dressed like a man vacationing on a beach in the thirties rather than decked out in his standard uniform. His mustache seems to be gone, replaced by a well-trimmed goatee, and his hair has changed to look less shiny and orderly and more trustworthy and slightly messy. And finally, he now seems to be looking straight at whoever is looking at the poster. What's more, his eyes and general expression seem to radiate genuine kindness. After the others take in the transformation's full effect, Shauna, seemingly unable to control herself, begins to guffaw rather wildly and unexpectedly.

"Tell me that's not the most amazing spell you've ever seen!" she eventually exclaims after she has to briefly stop laughing in order to breathe.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:50:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 12, 2014, 01:01:15 pm »

What.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 12, 2014, 02:25:42 pm »

"Er, dude, you might be the best person to ask that. We just walked in fully dressed to see if the lawyers had sorted out the paperwork - you're the publicly naked one in all this... I mean, I know it's your own premises and all, but it's not really your house and your kinda left the door unlocked... Look, pop some clothes on and we'll not talk of this again, eh?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 12, 2014, 03:44:07 pm »

The führer, scourge of europe and one of the vilest men in history, was now wearing a boathing suit and a goatee. John couldn't believe this, he was outraged and furious. He could not comprehend what had just happened and was determined to state these feelings inside of him in the most eloquent way possible.

"What?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 12, 2014, 05:45:49 pm »

a boathing suit

Is this some kind of specially adapted swimming costume so one can pilot a boat in practical yet revealing clothing?

Rather horrifying given the context.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 244