Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256092 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Cash 4 Gen-Lit (Needs waitlisters!)
« Reply #1080 on: March 08, 2014, 11:29:34 am »

"Sorry to dissapoint you, boy, but we've had a problem from before we've met. Now, before we go flinging spells at eachother, can you at the very least tell me why the fuck you're so against going home in the first place?"

"No, because it's none of your goddamn business. Now, how about you fuck off already, and we-"

"Wait, Luz. I think he should know."

"What?" Luz asks incredulously.

"Yeah," Trey nods, closing his eyes solemnly. He then turns to you and breathes in deeply, then exhales. "It's Luz's dad. He... did things to her. Terrible things. Do I need to go into detail?" he asks, scowling at you disgustedly. Luz just gapes at him, looking shocked.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 08, 2014, 11:33:00 am »

"Yes, keep going. I'm trying to be a neutral party here, and depending on what you say next, I may or may not have a problem with saying 'fuck you' to mister Lee."

Say! stealthily look at the girl's face while Trey talks to see if Trey is telling the truth or not!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 08, 2014, 11:58:02 am »

"Yes, keep going. I'm trying to be a neutral party here, and depending on what you say next, I may or may not have a problem with saying 'fuck you' to mister Lee."

Trey blinks a few times.

"... all right. Her dad, he's got this... creepy OCD or schizophrenic thing going on. It was all kind of under control back when his wife, you know, Luz's mom, was alive, she made sure he took his meds, kept him under control... but then she died. Cancer or something, I dunno, Luz couldn't tell me much."

"I was pretty young at the time."

"After that, he went off the deep end. Kept pretending she wasn't dead, kept her clothes washed. Was all confused when he came home and dinner wasn't ready. Then Luz grew up a little more, and, you see, thing was, she looked a lot like her mother. So her dad, he... made her wear her mom's clothes. And sleep in his bed. And... you know."

You keep a steady eye on Luz's reactions to the tale, and notice a few things - while she is shocked, it's definitely the 'that's fucked up, man' sort of shock rather than the sort of shock accompanying a dramatic revelation. And you would certainly know the difference between the two from your years of watching late-night reruns of Jerry Springer - while Trey, bless his soul, is trying his very best to sound and look believable, Luz is giving it away pretty clearly. If you were less of a bored insomniac in the old days, they might have fooled you. But this isn't cutting it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 08, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »

"Well ma'am, you see, it all started this morning when Derek here and me - Roger Egwein at your service, mother superior - were rummaging around this pawn shop for old literature and vintage clothing to sell in our retro fashion start up boutique, and we found... well, we found these two bags full of... mature literature. If you see what I mean. I was somewhat shocked that a Lady of God should display such an interest in it, but then it is kind of bewitching, slightly odd, really. It has caused Derek to drool publicly several times already."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 08, 2014, 03:33:52 pm »

NEEDS WAITLISTERS YOU SAY!?
1. Why are you here and not someplace else? I am here because I am intrigued in and investigate the occult, and being with others who perform such things would be helpful in my investigations.
2. What’s your name? Myles Terrell, Gentleman Thief and Occult Investigator
3. What color do you identify yourself with? Blue
4. Describe yourself. I am a tall man with short black hair and eyes. I have a mustache and am of average weight. I am not particularly muscular, though I am still stronger than the average man.
5. What do you like/love/enjoy? I enjoy mysteries and the Occult. I also have a fondness for fine clothing and thievery.
6. What do you dislike/hate/fear? I dislike the rich, particularly those that treat those below them in social status as inferior. I fear death and the supernatural.
7. In terms of occult or obscure power and knowledge, who would you like most to resemble (fictional people included)? Trilby, Robin Hood.
Stats:
Body: 1
Finesse: 1
Mind: 2
Affinity: 2
EDIT: Added stats and changed color to blue.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:50:09 am by darkpaladin109 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 08, 2014, 03:48:43 pm »

1. Why are you here and not someplace else? I am here because I am intrigued in and investigate the occult, and being with others who perform such things would be helpful in my investigations.
3. What color do you identify yourself with? I associate myself with beige, the color of the suit I wear.
4. Describe yourself. I am a tall man with short black hair and eyes. I have a mustache and am of average weight. I am not particularly muscular, though I am still stronger than the average man.
5. What do you like/love/enjoy? I enjoy mysteries and the Occult. I also have a fondness for fine clothing and thievery.
6. What do you dislike/hate/fear? I dislike the rich, particularly those that treat those below them in social status as inferior. I fear death and the supernatural.
7. In terms of occult or obscure power and knowledge, who would you like most to resemble (fictional people included)? Trilby, Robin Hood.
Stats

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 08, 2014, 03:54:37 pm »

3. What color do you identify yourself with? I associate myself with beige, the color of the suit I wear.

Excellent work on posting the sheet, but, unless you feel it is integral, could you please not choose beige? It's not very fun to work with.

Stats

Also would be handy, yes. In fact, I'll change the character sheet to reflect this.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 08, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »

Fair enough. Is blue taken already?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 08, 2014, 04:09:21 pm »

Fair enough. Is blue taken already?

Not as far as I remember - sky blue was taken by Dwarmin, and teal was taken by Pancaek, but blue itself has remained unclaimed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:01 pm »

It takes Larry a bit to realize why Halesey called him Derek.

"Yeah, this sh..tuff is pretty wack.  We're not sure what to do with it, but I take it H..e has a plan."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:04 am »

Halesey and Larry try to explain themselves. Halesey starts off with a clever barrage of lies.

"Well ma'am, you see, it all started this morning when Derek here and me - Roger Egwein at your service, mother superior - were rummaging around this pawn shop for old literature and vintage clothing to sell in our retro fashion start up boutique, and we found... well, we found these two bags full of... mature literature. If you see what I mean. I was somewhat shocked that a Lady of God should display such an interest in it, but then it is kind of bewitching, slightly odd, really. It has caused Derek to drool publicly several times already."

Though Larry has to have a moment to himself to realize what Halesey is talking about exactly, he concurs nevertheless.

"Yeah, this sh..tuff is pretty wack.  We're not sure what to do with it, but I take it H..e has a plan."

The Prioress doesn't seem very happy about this explanation.

"Mature literature... mature literature!" she says with dramatic incredulity, turning to Sister Greer. "Sister Greer, your continued antics are cause for me to not only doubt your judgment, but your very sanity. With all due respect, what is wrong with you?"

"Prioress, it's not about the content! Well, it is, in a way, but not about the 'mature' part of it. There's something about this 'mature literature', as the two gentlemen put it. It's a little unquantifiable, but it has an air of mystery about it. It touches the mind in strange ways is what I'm trying to say here."

"How 'mature literature'... ugh... 'touches your mind' is not something I would like to find out more about, sister."

"Really, Prioress, just take a look. You'll see."

The Prioress sighs.

"Fine. Show me."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 09, 2014, 03:50:45 am »

Show her!

"Well, please don't think I did this on purpose ma'am, I'm just trying to make a living is all... Please don't look at the stapled pages, they're extrafilthy..."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 09, 2014, 09:25:13 am »

"A valiant effort, but I can totally see that you're lying your ass off. Now enough of your childish games and just spit out the truth already. You are wasting both of our time. Honestly, what reason could you have to fall back on the 'my daddy hurt me and was a creep' story? That shit is so cliché, dude."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 09, 2014, 10:41:28 am »

Larry silently nods.  Nuns always intimidated him a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 09, 2014, 11:02:58 am »

I added the stats for my sheet.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 244