Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256191 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Forgotten Art: 101 Uses For Potatoes and Vortexes Thereof
« Reply #1200 on: April 08, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »

((Stupid brain! I read that post more than ten times to make sure it had no mistakes and I somehow missed that every time.
And I had also read the first post to make sure my character didn't have the same name and colour as someone else and I somehow missed wolfchild.

I really need to upgrade my RL Mind stat...

Surprisingly, a bit of searching (which translates to the first Google search result I clicked) revealed a Canadian website named Tea Oh. Didn't knew Canada produced tea. Second search result is a company selling the toxic substance "Tetramethylammonium hydroxide" as TEAOH.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 08, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

Larry was right. Halesey would potato everything if someone unexpectedly touched him on the shoulder, right now. He got in, silently, eying the beany bastard and feeling his fingers twitch. He hadn't enjoyed getting shot, and wondered if he'd have his chance of revenge.

But surely for now, the foul beandemon he'd somehow spawned was too powerful for him.

He slammed the van door shut.

Get in too.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 08, 2014, 02:05:00 pm »

"Just two. Where did that singing bottle of shampoo come from and how does its presence disprove my theory?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 08, 2014, 02:43:21 pm »

"Just two. Where did that singing bottle of shampoo come from and how does its presence disprove my theory?"

"I conjured it, and it's more of a hypothesis, isn't it? And I guess it doesn't, you know, but who cares. Thing is, there's magic. You want some? It's good stuff, let me tell you. You'll never know how you lived without it."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 08, 2014, 02:58:08 pm »

"But where did you conjure it from and how? Also, yeah some magic sounds good."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:05 pm »

"Hm, I am shall we say, rather taken by magic. But I shall never accept it from the likes of you."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:54 pm »

John, not knowing how to communicate with the magazine, thinks really hard "Why indeed, mister magazine, things are looking very well indeed."

"No time like the present. Nice work on the door, by the way. Now, on to our objective! Lead the way!"

Read the magazine, again! Enter the building, and let the kids lead the way

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 09, 2014, 06:50:42 am »

"But where did you conjure it from and how?"

"Magic."

"Hm, I am shall we say, rather taken by magic. But I shall never accept it from the likes of you."

"Now that's not a nice thing to say. But I'll let it slide for now. Sure you don't want any magic?"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:07:03 am by Harry Baldman »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 09, 2014, 12:14:58 pm »

Larry and Halesey guess they can trust this guy - he does represent wise bearded men and women, after all, and he seems to have the bean well in hand for now. Fortunately, the panel van is spacious enough to accommodate the two of them with no trouble at all since, unlike most panel vans, this one isn't filled with the bones and screams of lost children. As soon as they're in and begin to admire the fine shag carpeting in the back and the rather bouncy water bed, the man revs the engine and sets off, obviously letting go of the bean as the van pulls away.

"Come back here, you motherfuckers!" the bean screams, and shots are fired. Three bullets fly into the van, one whizzing past Halesey and Larry, one nearly rupturing the water bed and the last one flying into the windshield, only narrowly missing the van guy. Oh dear. Nevertheless, the van manages to speed off in a perfectly decent fashion, tearing down the freeway a little faster than you'd expect from a vehicle this large and evocative of dirty hippies.

"You know what, guys, I think we might be home free! And since you so kindly agreed to help me out already, I guess I'll just drop you off in the neighborhood you need to be in, 'kay? What you need to do is go into the neighborhood church and summon up a whole lot of vortexes. Say, eight. In close proximity. More variety is appreciated, but not necessary. We should be there... right about now!" the guy tells them after a while, then the van stops and the rear doors slowly open. "Any questions?"

"But where did you conjure it from and how? Also, yeah, some magic sounds good," Dave says, caving a little to the promise of arcane power from Sir Pilton.

"Magic, and here you go," he says, throwing a matchbook at Dave, who utterly fails to catch it as it flops against his chest, then falls to the ground.

Myles, however, is not so easily enticed.

"Now that's not a nice thing to say. But I'll let it slide for now. Sure you don't want any magic? I think your buddy's liking it fine," says Kermit, looking at Dave examining the matchbook and finding it to be, for all intents and purposes, fairly regular-looking, which goes double for the matches within.

"Strike a match and look into the flame, buddy. I warn you, it's a bit of a trip."

John isn't sure his magic is quite optimal for the situation, but nevertheless urges his teenaged friends onward, as they are more fleshy and expendable than he and probably better equipped by the bizarre pop culture of today's youth to deal with yetis anyway.

Then again, John may or may not have seen Night of the Sasquatch once, so he may have a trump card there. But no! He shall bravely stay in the back, he decides!

"No time like the present. Nice work on the door, by the way. Now, on to our objective! Lead the way!" he says.

"I'll take the lead, I guess. I'm the one with all the offensive magic, anyway."

"I don't know, my magic's pretty dang offensive when it works."

"And that, I'm afraid, is pretty rarely."

Trey just nods as John buries his face in that evil book of his again.

[John's mind roll: 3]

He stays only a moment, and catches only one spell, 'cause it's only one spell that he needs, baby. One spell to rule them all.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 09, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »

((How many matches are there?))
I look into the flames of creation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 09, 2014, 12:59:15 pm »

((How many matches are there?))

Seventeen!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 09, 2014, 01:27:29 pm »

"Yes - who wants these vortexes, and who doesn't want them, if you're able to say?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 09, 2014, 01:28:42 pm »

"Between us we have two different vortexes; is that enough?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 09, 2014, 01:30:12 pm »

"Well, it's something. Hey, guys, where abouts is that thing you're looking for? Because I'm not really feeling like exploring the entire school. You know, angry groundskeepers and tasty yeti's and such."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 09, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »

"Yes - who wants these vortexes, and who doesn't want them, if you're able to say?"

"Everybody wants vortexes. But the bad guys want the gentlemen's literature. Don't give them any, it's a bit hazardous to do that. Can you remember that?"

"Between us we have two different vortexes; is that enough?"

"Yeah. You don't need much variety - just a bit of destabilization. The higher realms are pretty, erm, what would be the best word... "close" to the lower realms in the church."

"Well, it's something. Hey, guys, where abouts is that thing you're looking for? Because I'm not really feeling like exploring the entire school. You know, angry groundskeepers and tasty yeti's and such."

"Can you sense the leyline? I can't sense jack shit for some reason. Try it. Maybe you'll have better luck. If you're magical, you probably should be able to."
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 244