Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256072 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: 101 Uses For Potatoes and Vortexes Thereof
« Reply #1215 on: April 09, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »

"Oh. Crap. Larry, we should go check those nuns are okay after this. And we need to look out. We got vortexes and gentleman's literature, we could get into worse trouble than beandemons, dude. Arg."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 09, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 09, 2014, 02:54:41 pm »

"Right, sense it. Shouldn't be too hard. I think."

Try to sense the leyline. If I can, head over to it. If I cannot, start searching the school for it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 09, 2014, 03:56:54 pm »

"How about you check the nuns, and I don't?  They creep me out."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 09, 2014, 04:06:31 pm »

"Hm, I might accept your offer. But first, give me a good reason to accept it."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 09, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

"Okay, but not till we vortex the crap out of this church, dude. Where you wanna start? We could climb up the tower and cast them into the air or something. I reckon we should go for whatever is least blasphemous, myself."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 10, 2014, 01:31:27 am »

"Well, the other guys you could get it from will probably screw you over. Besides, it's not like you're bound to my service by them or anything."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 10, 2014, 05:20:27 am »

"Well, the other guys you could get it from will probably screw you over. Besides, it's not like you're bound to my service by them or anything."
"Alright, fine. I accept now."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 10, 2014, 05:40:55 am »

"Alright, fine. I accept now."

He throws you a matchbook as well. This one seems to have twenty matches in it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:16 am »

Do whatever I need to do to get magic.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 10, 2014, 08:58:18 am »

I stare into the flames of creation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 10, 2014, 02:00:56 pm »

Dave wants to look into the flames of creation. He really wants to look into the flames of creation. He feels it is about time that he looked into the flames of creation. Yes. Now, having psyched himself up, he decides he'll look into those flames of creation already, and strikes a match. Interestingly, it produces a bright green flame, and even if he did not instinctively know that it was the flame of creation, it is likely he would have looked into said flame of creation out of a basic appreciation for the sort of chemistry one usually saved for demonstration in elementary and primary schools.

[Dave's mind roll: 2+2]

The flame grows larger as Dave stares into it, filling his vision, his nostrils burning with the heady smoke of the match. His eyes go out of focus momentarily, and when he regains his composure, he notices he seems to be in some kind of gray room, sitting behind a desk. In front of him seems to be a plain box with a lock on it. Instinctively, he reaches for the key he immediately notices in front of him on the desk and plunges it into the box, then turns - doing this, fortunately, seems to disengage the lock. However, when Dave opens the box, it doesn't really open all the way - it seems to have a chain on the inside keeping it mostly shut anyway. But the short peek he gets at the contents of the thing is indeed exciting, and at least a tiny part of them spills into his mind, enriching him with secrets beyond human understanding, but certainly within the realm of human usability.

Spoiler: Dave's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

Myles, not one to fall behind even despite his initial reservations, goes ahead and follows Dave's example (he seems to be having a lot of fun, judging from his wild, slightly glassy stare and faint grin), striking a match and staring into the bright pink flame the match seems to create.

[Myles' mind roll: 3+1]

The flame overtakes his every sense up to the point, and feels rather nasty and carcinogenic on all his mucous membranes up until the point where all feelings stop entirely - instead, Myles finds himself in a dark void, with a single, dimly glowing lightbulb hovering above his head and bathing him and what seems to be a liquor cabinet in front of him in a murky yellow light. Since there's nothing else he can really think to do in the situation, the lightbulb seeming rather out of reach presently, Myles shrugs and opens up the liquor cabinet. Inside there seems to be an open bottle with a blank label, containing a bluish liquid. Underneath it is a note that only says "XD".

The fact that the bottle seems to be open already does not fill Myles with a whole lot of optimism. But suddenly he catches a whiff of the contents - they smell like heaven somehow, and not at all of cheap window cleaner as Myles would expect. As he ponders the implications of it, he notices his hand go for the bottle unthinkingly, and before he knows it, he has raised the bottle to his lips. The bottle, evidently disturbed to an unhealthy degree by the sudden movement, begins to shake, and the liquid within comes to a boil, shooting a generous helping of fumes in Myles' face - before he even knows it, arcane secrets creep into his mind, two tiny bits of practical knowledge vying for a single spot in his brain.

Spoiler: Myles' Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

John supposes he should certainly be magical enough to sense whatever magical whatsit a leyline might be. He raises his nose in the air and tries to hear the magical currents for a moment before realizing that you probably can't sense magic that way. Instead he supposes he should just head in the direction that makes his body tingle all over.

"Right, this way."

"Let's go," Luz concurs, and Trey follows silently as John leads them into the school, heading through the hallways and, rather shockingly, running into neither ravenous yetis (the only ones they do see look more confused than anything, really, and are bypassed without issue) nor the asshole night watchman right up until the moment John leads the two teenagers into the gaping hole that he and Trey made in the building - strangely, the leyline, the tingly little patch of reality that John's body seems to be receiving all sorts of odd alarm bells about, it appears to be up in the air - about two stories above the hole in the roof. And the aforementioned gaping hole not only seems to span at least twelve average-sized classrooms (four on each floor the spheres penetrated), not only is there quite a lot of gore, fur and who knows what else lying around everywhere, but the yetis at the bottom of the pit seem to be rather enraged about the strange dusty clouds, strange denture-filled, swirling holes in reality and crawling slimes that seem to be trying to ruin their day.

And inside the wreckage of one of the top floor classrooms the three notice the night watchman, looking rather pissed and gesturing dramatically at the yetis below. Some of the yetis seem to be trying to climb upwards to get at him with a reasonable amount of success so far, quite surprising when one pays attention to the fact that the area around the man seems absolutely filled with both the sucking denture holes and nebulous clouds of uncertain origin.

Neither the yetis nor the night watchman seem to have properly noticed John and his two teenaged confederates yet, though it seems questionable that such a situation could possibly last for too long.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 10, 2014, 02:11:27 pm »

((Oh hey, we never actioned!))

Hop out and head toward the church!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 10, 2014, 02:22:11 pm »

I chose and cast Storm of Distracting Underwear.
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:25:44 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 10, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »

((With the new lay line rules do we still get a stat point?))
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 244