Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256110 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1755 on: May 28, 2014, 03:19:44 pm »

"How about I give you one to try right here? Free sample, like."
Well, I guess a doughnut wouldn't hurt...

Wouldn't it? Tea and cupkakes aren't exactly the best for your figure. And you want to add doughnuts to that?

Yes, but it wouldn't be polite to refuse.

Would it be polite to dawdle here when you have work to do and people to meet? To leave Lois without a nice breakfast? A nice First breakfast, might I add?

But I really want to try the doughnut... Maybe just a little bite?

"Oh, I really shouldn't. I just ate and my friend is waiting for me you see. We're kinda in a hurry." said Eta, making an apologetic gesture.

I really hope she doesn't insist. If she insists then I'll probable cave and give it a try.

Spoiler: Eta (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 28, 2014, 05:00:53 pm »

Sense for the energy again.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 28, 2014, 06:11:09 pm »

"I'm sorry, I meant no offence. I've been having trouble recognizing what can and cannot speak lately. Pray tell, what is this place? It looks like a ship, but I don't think that's quite what it is"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:40 am »

"Oh, I really shouldn't. I just ate and my friend is waiting for me you see. We're kinda in a hurry." said Eta, making an apologetic gesture.

"How about this: I give you a free sample, and you get 25% off any other pastry of your choice?" the salesgirl asks.

Sense for the energy again.

You sense... nothing, pretty much.

"I'm sorry, I meant no offence. I've been having trouble recognizing what can and cannot speak lately. Pray tell, what is this place? It looks like a ship, but I don't think that's quite what it is"

"'This be the brig' is the official version. Feel free to form your own opinions, however."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1759 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:56 am »

I really don't need the discount you know. I have probably infinite money.

Just eat the damn doughnut so that we can get back to business!

But why would she insist so much in me eating it? It's not like I don't want to buy doughnuts, so she isn't doing it because she wants to sell more. Maybe it's poisoned or something? Maybe she wants to steal my gold? Better be careful.

"I... suppose there's no harm in trying. What's in it?"

Take doughnut. Inspect doughnut. If neither doughnut nor salesperson's answer is suspicious, have a small bite. If I don't sense any poison or other nasty stuff, eat the rest of the doughnut.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 29, 2014, 03:35:37 am »

I really don't need the discount you know. I have probably infinite money.

Just eat the damn doughnut so that we can get back to business!

But why would she insist so much in me eating it? It's not like I don't want to buy doughnuts, so she isn't doing it because she wants to sell more. Maybe it's poisoned or something? Maybe she wants to steal my gold? Better be careful.

"I... suppose there's no harm in trying. What's in it?"

Take doughnut. Inspect doughnut. If neither doughnut nor salesperson's answer is suspicious, have a small bite. If I don't sense any poison or other nasty stuff, eat the rest of the doughnut.
That was a good one!

DUNKER sighs in contentment, unintentionally letting out a Breath of Poisonous Underwear!

Spoiler: The DUNKER (click to show/hide)
Whoops
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 29, 2014, 03:37:58 am »

I use the added air resistance of my pig leg to channel a slow decent path.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1762 on: May 29, 2014, 03:58:38 am »

Whoops
((Indeed. Hope Eta is not poisoned. A possibly-known terrorist like her can't go to a hospital.

Too bad I can't use OOC knowledge to get the hell out of here.
I'm perfectly happy with my current spells and I certainly do not need poisonous underwear.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 29, 2014, 06:50:16 am »

"So, why are you here, if I may ask? Is there a way out?"

Ask! then take a peek down below deck.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 29, 2014, 02:34:20 pm »

Larry, despite having the lips of an illithid, tries to instruct Halesey in the sublime subtleties of proper cocaine handling.

"Pbbbbbbbbffff! Juff bbag up whaff ooo cannf and bbbburn the reft!" he burbles enthusiastically, but doesn't get the feeling that Halesey has understood him. Just as well - all his cocaine is already in a bag, and he has no smaller ones to put it in. And burning all he's got just seems so counterproductive - after all, half a kilo of coke is nothing to scoff at - that's, like, 500 grams. Loads of cash you could get for that! That is, if anyone was willing to buy their cocaine from shady villi-faced individuals and mindflayers who talk like they're from a Saturday morning cartoon, which is a question in and of itself.

THE DUNKER feels fulfilled for now, the white light of quality pastries soothing his restless soul for a moment as the two ladies next to him converse about donuts, providing a very nice backdrop to the fat man's very much audible digestive processes.

"That was a good one!" he observes to nobody in particular, and lets off a massive sigh, virtually all of his inhibitions suddenly fading away in a single second of relaxation of every muscle in his body. Unfortunately, strange and slightly disturbing noises emanating from his flesh are but the beginning of it!

[THE DUNKER's affinity roll: 2+1]

What follows these noises is a monstrous burp-cough normally reserved for particularly grievous esophagogastroduodenosocopies, a single pair of odd-looking underwear shooting out of DUNKER's maw at the donut girl just as she hands Eta one of the sample donuts. It softly lands on the side of her head, and the girl pauses for a moment, possibly considering what to do right now. She quickly decides in favor of retrieving the underwear with the tongs and throwing it in a nearby corner before turning back toward Eta, who seems to have paused in her examination of the donut and asking of any questions to silently gawk at the way the fat man appears to have somehow vomited up a pair of briefs.

Dave, figuring that the energy of the sky is perhaps best left untapped, tries to carefully descend through the storm.

[Dave's finesse roll: 3-1]

Unfortunately, the underwear storm is still keeping him in the air, throwing him this way and that on occasion and the pants-streams shift in the chaotic mass.

John asks the cow another question, a most pertinent one indeed!

"So, why are you here, if I may ask? Is there a way out?"

"I'm the cap'n, and yes," the cow says as John steps over to the ladder leading downward into the dark recesses of the ship. A very strong smell of dung emanates from within the darkness, and John gets the feeling striking a light to get a better look wouldn't be the best idea. "That's not one of them, though. Feel free to step down and look, fella. You might be here a while," it adds as John regards the forbidding depths.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 29, 2014, 02:41:32 pm »

John recoils a bit at the smell and heads back to the upper deck.

"Right, yeah, I'll explore that place in a bit. So, captain, sir. I have two questions for you. The most important one: There were two people who were with me when the inspector cow send me here. What happened to them, are they allright?

And then, quite less importantly, could you explain the purpose of me being here and the ways out, please?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 29, 2014, 02:45:48 pm »

John recoils a bit at the smell and heads back to the upper deck.

"Right, yeah, I'll explore that place in a bit. So, captain, sir. I have two questions for you. The most important one: There were two people who were with me when the inspector cow send me here. What happened to them, are they allright?

And then, quite less importantly, could you explain the purpose of me being here and the ways out, please?"

"Dunno, forgot, and jump over the railing."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 29, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »

Well that was unexpected.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:46 pm »

((bother, knew I forgot something))

"Pbbbbbbbbffff" said Larry, unused to the poor state of his lips.  "Juff bbag up whaff ooo cannf and bbbburn the reft!" he burbled insistently at Halesey.

"Fbagg up? Fbaggg uppfff? You bffffffftrdddddd my fffffffkin suith ruined! You bffffffftrdd, mnnng, I wath gonna fcore! Now lthhhh! Now lthh ath me! Artheholeth! An juth whaff the fthk am I meant to bbburn the reft withhh? Tthick it up yr bollockth!"

Bag up what I can, wondering just how the hell I am meant to burn any cocaine without a lighter, and try very forcefully to remember if I had a spare suit back in the flat.

((edit: I have, what, an hour to become un-eldritch-faced, and -handed, or my date is not going to go well. Plus I have some quest or something from the god of potatoes, and that hasn't gone well so far either, I'm so full of cocaine I can't even remember what it is. Now, I have a soulcoin or something, should I spend it to impress this girl? Or the God of Potato? Or just forget the wimmin, and get serious with my quest. Hmm.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:32:45 pm by lawastooshort »

Nunzillor

« Reply #1769 on: May 29, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

It's a tough question.  I imagine that when you ascend as the one true prophet to the Potato God, women won't be tough to find.  They find divine power irresistibly attractive, after all!  Everyone knows that!  I guess it's a matter of just how attached Hallesey (sorry, sp?) is to this one woman who, I should mention, he only briefly spoke to.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:12:11 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 244