Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255124 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2625 on: August 18, 2014, 05:10:06 am »

”Want to come into this potato vortex with me? I found it very therapeutic the first time. Well, every time, actually.”

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: August 18, 2014, 05:19:44 am »

”Want to come into this potato vortex with me? I found it very therapeutic the first time. Well, every time, actually.”
I doubt having the true insignificance of yourself being forcefully thrust upon yourself via being subject to a world where all is simply just potatoes stretching infinitely into the horizon, showing how small and how easily the reality in which you live in can be perverted so easily simply to the whims of a deranged potato obsessed man with access to something that everybody in the world could acquire.

But who knows, they might find that very fun.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2627 on: August 18, 2014, 06:13:19 am »

"Yes, thank you. I... I feel great! Like I traded part of me for something more. Like all pain, all tiredness has left my body."
Eta looked at the hole, feeling a bit acrophobic at the moment. Someone should really do something about this hole... Someone should really fix this place up in its entirety, now that I think about it. I should see about maybe buying this place. I'd certainly like to do some experiments with that leyline, see if there's something I can learn from it. Or maybe I could have Rieux convince someone in the government to let me- Oh, wait Rieux. I better make my way to our meeting point. I'll have to think about what I'm going to do about this place later. Right now I need to think about how I'm going to tell her about me.
"That's the second time you've helped me today. I suppose I am in your debt." Eta said as she turned to look at her saviour. "If there's anything I can do for you, anything at all..."

"I am... I have an important meeting near Jew Street, and I need to be there soon. Do you have the time to... There's so many things I want to ask you, but I don't know if you have the time. Could you, maybe walk with me to the meeting or at least give me your number so that I can talk with you later?"

1 Point in Body. Also, can you check to see if the effects I have in my spoiler have any mistakes?

Spoiler: Eta (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 18, 2014, 06:36:41 am »

I doubt having the true insignificance of yourself being forcefully thrust upon

Through the potato, we can all find significance.

a deranged potato obsessed man

!Attention! You are having dirty badthoughts. !Attention!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2629 on: August 18, 2014, 07:02:31 am »

((All potato thoughts are dirty thoughts.
Because potatoes grow in dirt.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 18, 2014, 08:09:31 am »

"I am sad to say that I am unconvinced by these assertions."

"Yes, thank you. I... I feel great! Like I traded part of me for something more. Like all pain, all tiredness has left my body."
Eta looked at the hole, feeling a bit acrophobic at the moment. Someone should really do something about this hole... Someone should really fix this place up in its entirety, now that I think about it. I should see about maybe buying this place. I'd certainly like to do some experiments with that leyline, see if there's something I can learn from it. Or maybe I could have Rieux convince someone in the government to let me- Oh, wait Rieux. I better make my way to our meeting point. I'll have to think about what I'm going to do about this place later. Right now I need to think about how I'm going to tell her about me.
"That's the second time you've helped me today. I suppose I am in your debt." Eta said as she turned to look at her saviour. "If there's anything I can do for you, anything at all..."

"I am... I have an important meeting near Jew Street, and I need to be there soon. Do you have the time to... There's so many things I want to ask you, but I don't know if you have the time. Could you, maybe walk with me to the meeting or at least give me your number so that I can talk with you later?"

"Actually, I was about to address that problem. Beat me to it! See, the thing is, I think it'd be great, simply amazing, if I could be your familiar. A little helper spirit, you know? You could call me up when needed, and I could help you out with whatever questions and problems you got. Sound good? I think that sounds good. Feel like getting yourself a familiar, Eta?" Clive asks, looking enthusiastic.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 18, 2014, 08:13:16 am »

!WARNING! There's shit he isn't telling you about! !WARNING!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:48 am »

”Oh. Well. Too bad, I guess. Can you get off me, please?”

If Clive doesn’t get off me, repeatedly knee him in the balls until he does. Then go forth into the vortex.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2633 on: August 18, 2014, 10:17:36 am »

Eta stared at the man for a couple of seconds, surprised. She certainly didn't expect that. Her mind could usually come up with the right words quite quickly (as was necessary for a woman in her profession, after all), but right now she was utterly confused, as the man she thought of as a helpful (if a bit quirky) stranger moments ago suddenly proclaimed himself to be her familiar spirit.

A familiar? Helper spirit? He certainly doesn't look like one. Aren't familiars supposed to be little animal-demons that help evil witches? What if he is some kind of crazy wizard? Or demon or djin or other such malicious spirit (if those things exist)? He certainly displayed impressive power back there. And talked about things that would most probably be done by a man, not a spirit. Why would he want to help me?

Then again, it's not like anything's supposed to make sense in magic. Judging people from their appearance alone, without giving them a chance to prove themselves is not right, especially when magic is concerned. And I should accept any offer of help and knowledge, no matter where it comes from, when it concerns a matter as important as this. I just have to do that carefully, right?

Maybe the trick about this whole magic business is letting yourself go, facing problems as they come and not worrying about what happens next?

"I... that certainly sounds good, especially considering what you have already done for me, I of course wholeheartedly accept your gracious offer, but are you sure that... Eh, I mean, why me? And how exactly would that work? I'll just say your name three times and you'll appear?"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:22:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

Guess he'd have to bless a different angel, Cal maybe.  Or screw that, wasn't he himself part angel now?

Hmm... watermelon man... was that the pancake guy?  Could try him.

The lady in the church?  No thanks.

What are the boundary times?

"Might know one guy, but he said at the boundary times I should find them easily.  When's that?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 18, 2014, 01:35:27 pm »

"I... that certainly sounds good, especially considering what you have already done for me, I of course wholeheartedly accept your gracious offer, but are you sure that... Eh, I mean, why me? And how exactly would that work? I'll just say your name three times and you'll appear?"

"Actually, yeah. That's pretty much how it works. As for why you, well, you're around and you seem like a good sort! So, if that's all agreeable and whatnot, let's shake on it, huh?"

He extends his hand once more.

Guess he'd have to bless a different angel, Cal maybe.  Or screw that, wasn't he himself part angel now?

Hmm... watermelon man... was that the pancake guy?  Could try him.

The lady in the church?  No thanks.

What are the boundary times?

"Might know one guy, but he said at the boundary times I should find them easily.  When's that?"

"The boundary time ith bathically one o' clock. In the morning and in the afternoon. There'th subtle differenthes there, but they're not important."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: August 18, 2014, 01:47:49 pm »

Larry scratched all his heads he could.  "Arright then, so you just want to ride out with me to meet this pancake guy?  I think he must be one."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 18, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »

Larry scratched all his heads he could.  "Arright then, so you just want to ride out with me to meet this pancake guy?  I think he must be one."

"I can't leave. I'm actually dead, you thee. Bound to thith heaven, I am."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2638 on: August 18, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »

"Uuuuhhhh.... Sure! Why not?"

Shake on it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: August 18, 2014, 02:02:33 pm »

"So how do you plan on meeting one?  Got a cell phone?"
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 244