Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256185 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #3240 on: January 17, 2015, 09:01:58 am »

((This was totally worth staying up unreasonably late.))

Huh, you don't see a man with a vortex in his belly every day. I'll get to you in a minute, dear fellow, I just have to summon some double vampires.

Transmute Margarine Into Undead Lottery Ticket Vampires!

Spoiler: Fresh DUNKING (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:20 am »

A singing duck. Heh. Probably a trap, but it's the only lead I have right now.
Search for the source of the singing duck noise.
((Did Blitz do good?))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 17, 2015, 09:44:01 am »

((Did Blitz do good?))

Yes, you've got the idea. Not really any need to describe your unmentionables, but the shirt and trousers thing helps, 'cause otherwise I'd assume the Observer was naked under that robe.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 17, 2015, 10:42:10 am »

Huh, you don't see a man with a vortex in his belly every day. I'll get to you in a minute, dear fellow, I just have to summon some double vampires.

"Yeah, it's not a vortex, or rather not just a vortex - it's the will of God. Would you care to join me as a disciple of the True Potato?"

Cast Hairy Mafioso Barrier to my left.

"Ah. My acquaintances. Good evening, mafiosi."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 17, 2015, 11:05:30 am »

((Was it even possible for me to survive?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 17, 2015, 11:24:31 am »

((Was it even possible for me to survive?))

It was. You rolled really well on survival right up until the end (even with the penalty that being scattered by your own spell gave you) but rather poorly on communication.

That said, I was winging it with the mechanics there (mostly taking pages from LBAD's playbook and giving you progressive survival rolls, though they were based on Affinity mostly), so it might not have come out entirely fair. On the other hand, had I stuck with the proper chunky salsa rules, then the poor supercharged roll would have killed you then and there.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 17, 2015, 11:58:37 am »

"I'm afraid I can't quite surrender. Have to look courageous in front of the ladies and all that. I don't suppose it would be sporting to just shoot you anyway?"

John keeps talking without really paying attention, trying to think for a way to defeat Stan.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 17, 2015, 12:02:44 pm »

"I'm afraid I can't quite surrender. Have to look courageous in front of the ladies and all that. I don't suppose it would be sporting to just shoot you anyway?"

John keeps talking without really paying attention, trying to think for a way to defeat Stan.

"I'd prefer it if you didn't shoot me, sir. It could be very dangerous to my health," Stan tells you. "Let's both be nice to each other. So, do we start now?"

Also, you have no idea how to defeat Stan. He's got a sword and magic. You have magic. Anything could happen.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 17, 2015, 12:17:00 pm »

"I suppose we do. I'm just saying, I don't really have any nice and contained spells like your sword. They all tend to run rather wild, you see. I should really work on that, but I haven't really been having much luck with my spells, in some ways."

Attempt to cast  eldritch Vase-aided flight on Stan, to send him careening off into a wall. Alternatively, get ready to dodge his blow and try to use an opening to punch him hard in the kidneys.

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: January 17, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »

"I suppose we do. I'm just saying, I don't really have any nice and contained spells like your sword. They all tend to run rather wild, you see. I should really work on that, but I haven't really been having much luck with my spells, in some ways."

Attempt to cast  eldritch Vase-aided flight on Stan, to send him careening off into a wall. Alternatively, get ready to dodge his blow and try to use an opening to punch him hard in the kidneys.

"Well, that's a shame, sir. I hope we need not hurt one another."

[Your finesse roll: 2]
[Stan's finesse roll: 1-->1+1]
[Your affinity roll: 6-->5]

Before Stan can make a grudging move, you ponderously cast upon him the power of flight - around him starts to orbit a vase with horrid dark tendrils seemingly surrounding its silhouette, and when he looks upon it, immediately flies into his hand.

"Uh... what's this? Well, better not try to find out."

He runs at you, preparing his sword.

[Stan vs. You: 2 vs. 1]

He cautiously turns his duck blade mid-swing and bonks you a bit harshly on the kidneys with it.

"I am not sure this duel thing was very well thought-out, personally," says Stan.

"Nonsense! You guys are doing brilliantly well," says Pilton from the sidelines.

"Get 'im, John!" Tracey cheers.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:04 pm »

"No offense Stan, but I rather hate your guts right about now."

Keep up my arms to deflect blows, and when I see an opening give him quick jabs. Duck and weave, Johnny boy, duck and weave. Give him the one-two-punch.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: January 17, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »

"No offense Stan, but I rather hate your guts right about now."

Keep up my arms to deflect blows, and when I see an opening give him quick jabs. Duck and weave, Johnny boy, duck and weave. Give him the one-two-punch.

"Uh, well, sorry about that, whatever it was," Stan says as you try to prepare to dodge and/or block.

[Stan vs. You: 2 vs. 3+1]
[You vs. Stan: 4 vs. 4]

He swipes his blade flat side first at you in a semi-competent manner, and you dodge that effortlessly, and while he's recovering try to step forward and give him a quick jab to the face. He, however, steps back a bit too quickly, then springs forth his next attack!

[Stan vs. You: 5 vs. 1+1]

In this case, he seems to have a better idea than before, as he grabs the blade in his hands, swings it like a baseball bat and whacks you straight across the left ear with the pommel, sending you sideways to the ground. You think you might be seeing double for a few moments, and you're not quite sure you can immediately stand up. Also, you can taste blood in your mouth.

"Oh! Sorry! I got, uh, carried away. Sorry again!" Stan says, sounding rather sincerely apologetic.

"Don't be sorry, Stan! He didn't duck and weave! You don't want to coddle a wizard, trust me!"

"Get up, John! Show Stan who's the boss here!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: January 17, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

John spits on the ground. He doesn't have anything against the ground, per se. They're old friends really, they meet eachother quite often when he drinks.

"I'm about this close to just summoning a great big blob of angry yetis to attack us all, Stan. You're making me a very anrgy, desperate man, stan. No hard feelings though, right?"

While looking hurt, try to swipe at Stans feet with my legs. If he goes down, try and get on him and punch punch PUNCH. If he doesn't, attempt to blast him with a cloud of humongous T-shirts

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 17, 2015, 02:45:16 pm »

John spits on the ground. He doesn't have anything against the ground, per se. They're old friends really, they meet eachother quite often when he drinks.

"I'm about this close to just summoning a great big blob of angry yetis to attack us all, Stan. You're making me a very anrgy, desperate man, stan. No hard feelings though, right?"

While looking hurt, try to swipe at Stans feet with my legs. If he goes down, try and get on him and punch punch PUNCH. If he doesn't, attempt to blast him with a cloud of humongous T-shirts

[You vs. Stan: 2 vs. 4]

You try to kick at Stan's legs to bring him down, but he steps out of range.

"Do I really have to... well, okay," says Stan and holds up his sword by the blade.

[Stan vs. You: 2 vs. 6-1]

As he prepares to beat you down with the pommel some more, you rear back your legs and kick him in the stomach, causing him to stumble back and groan. You then prepare to work your magic.

[Your affinity roll: 1-->3+1]

However, your head hurts and you feel like shit, and you're not sure if a cloud can technically blast anyone, and damn, why the ear, man? That shit is sensitive.

[Stan vs. You: 1 vs. 3-1]

You then kick Stan back once more as he comes over to keep on beating you into submission. It seems to be an excellent delaying tactic, giving you ample time to get up should you feel like it.

"This really is less awesome than I thought it would be."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: January 17, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »

"SO SORRY TO DISSAPOINT, PILTON. We can't all be super good wizards like you! And you just give up, Stan, I've gotten pretty good at being beaten up!"

Throw sausages at Stan to distract him. Then scurry off and gain some distance. Attempt to cast pademelon shield again.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 244