Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 317010 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #2010 on: July 17, 2014, 06:49:13 pm »

With Bree taken care of, Grifen was at a loss for what to do. No offense to Sheila, who's love of the ocean was genuine and rather contagious, but the nomad was terribly bored by ship travel. You couldn't go riding around the deck, there wasn't enough room for decent archery practice with the sailors milling about everywhere, and it wasn't like she could gather plants to make medicine with! In short, her typical pastimes were difficult if not impossible to pursue.

With a sigh, she unfurled her tattered bedroll near the tethered horses. Another bad thing about ships? You couldn't really keep open flames lit belowdecks, not with all the wood and rope and pitch and whatever other flammable stuff was scattered about. That left Grifen sleeping on the deck more nights than not.
: "Sure hope the sky stays clear..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 17, 2014, 07:43:33 pm »

: "Linus Oridan!" The bard said quickly and with a bit of pride.
Though, with a pause, his prideful look gave way. It shifted over to an irritated glance over at Matilda, who was no doubt currently speaking with the captain. With a bit of apprehensiveness, he continued.
: "...Is not my real name. It's just Alec. Sorry, force of habit." Alec scratched his head with a half-laugh, "Hopefully, if things go smoothly, I won't have to rely on it. Then again, if things were likely to go smoothly, there wouldn't be so many people tagging along." He speculated with a shrug.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 17, 2014, 08:26:53 pm »

: "Considering that this has just started, I'm going to assume there's going to end up being a lot more following us. And I hate to break it to you, but Elenore isn't my real name either, just one I'm more or less content to keep for the time being."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 17, 2014, 08:31:47 pm »

"That's... Very brave of you, taking up the lance at your age." Sheila looked blankly at the older man before her, but then a smile spread across her face. "Well gramps, we can find glory together, what do you think?" She gave a playful slap to his left pauldron.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 17, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »

@Fezz

Candy walks up to Fezz and leans over the guard rail on the side of the ship. The water is awfully sparkly today.

: "Uuuuu~ it's like being kidnapped again. Doesn't this make you woooozy, bobbing up and down and around?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:57 pm »

Fezz's eyes focused into attention as he was drawn away from both his thoughts, looking to the pink dancer next to him and nodding in response.

"Yes, a bit. I've been on a few sea faring trips though, and they always get a bit easier each time. The first time was horrible though, I could barely move without stumbling or bumping into things and feeling ill." Fezz explained, still feeling a bit uneasy but knows it will pass after a bit (unless they hit choppier water that is).

"I should warn you in case you've had the thought and ability, I've learned the hard way levitating tends to exu--er, worsen--that by quite a bit. Its one thing to only have your legs move unsteady, quite another if your entire body does so. I'm sure its probably amusing to anyone who isn't the poor mage trying to stave off seasickness. I instead suggest relaxing and watching the waves, its what helps me."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:18 pm »

: "LEVITATING? Gosh, can you really do that? I haven't noticed! You must not fly very high!"

Candy imagines it. Dance ribbons rippling through the air, the wind in his face...

: "I guess mages train a lot to do all that stuff, huh? I only trained a year to dance, and look at how that turned out. Not so good for fighting. You must have been practicing magic since you were a kid."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 17, 2014, 11:54:49 pm »

"Heh, I don't do it much but I can do it. I sometimes catch myself reflexively levitating if I'm excited about something." The mage admits, recalling the few times his step had a bit more glide than is typically approved. "But no, levitating isn't that high up. At most I think it can be two thirds of a foot, although mine is often no more than a few inches."
The historian nodded at the mention of training. "It does, and I have. Ever since I learned I had the talent I trained and practiced, both night and day. It wasn't easy, and I've burned myself more times than I care to recall." Fezz laughed a bit, going against his word and indeed thinking back to some of the times he had to go without his eyebrows and smelling of soot.
"I wouldn't sell yourself short though Candy, in that year of training you've learned how to do something mages require specific, expensive tools and extensive training, far more arduous than just a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if that's only a basic effect either." He's heard of some of the strange magics those magically inclined can accomplish when used in the way bards and dancers can, but admittedly knows little beyond that it exists.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:53 am »

@ Alecnor

Grifen decided to try and learn more about the mysterious wyvern rider and the musical newcomer. She walked up to them, trying not to let her nervousness show.
: "Um...hi! How's it goin'?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:59 am »

: "Hey Grifen. Going pretty well here. What brings you over here? Curious about he miniatures?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 18, 2014, 12:44:58 am »

Grifen hadn't actually seen them, but now her curiosity was piqued.

: "Oh, wow! Where'd ya get these, Eleanor?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 18, 2014, 01:01:55 am »

: "Quite a long time ago. A few old friends of mine and I bought them from a monk we hung out with at times was leaving the duchy. We all chipped in, we all got a part of his collection. I didn't get many of the more fanciful pieces, but I was ecstatic when I got them back then, and I quite liked the infantry models the most anyway so." Sara started standing most of the models upright, letting Grifen see them all as their creator had intended.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 18, 2014, 01:11:20 am »

: "Heehee! Ya didn't strike me as the type to play with toys, Eleanor."

: "Course, there ain't anythin wrong with that. Just that yer normally so serious and all."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 18, 2014, 01:29:26 am »

: "Maybe not, but it's still a good way to past the time. Though with no ruleset ro play with, and no-one else to play against, it's a little moot nowadays, so I mostly use them to try out some tactics and such now."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 18, 2014, 01:47:22 am »

: "Er...how do ya do that without any rules to work with?"

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 510